Jesse Strange

66 mustang

I cant praise Jesse Strange enough!

I heard teh song Raise a little hell back when the album was released but never saw the album!

I finally decided to track a copy down last year & I was totally bown away!

There are so many influences on this album its unbelievable,I mean their version of Make a wish (originally recorded by Beau Nasty) to me sounds like Pretty Boy Floyd!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You can go to the website. www.jessestrange.com and hear cuts from the soon to be released 2nd album. I love the first album. Great rock. I listen to it all the time. Could not agree more that this is a very good band. Too bad the music movement killed them. :(

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

I was lured to this by the radio station KBER 101(as with almost everything) they played the track Love On The Telephone until it made me cringe when i'd hear the opening telephone samples come on, just over and over and over, I remember that Love on Telephone, and Dirty Rhythms song I Can Feel The Fire spent something like 3 months battling each other out on this call in contest they did on Friday night, and the callers would b given the choice of 2 songs(usually the 2 most requested) but they were so deadlocked, that they couldnt even phase one of the songs off the competition, they just went on and on, and I bought both the cd's, and outside of the song's they played on the radio, thought they were pretty average cd's, just my opinion, i mean when shit like Saint's & Sinners was being released at the same time, I really didnt think to highly of Jesse Strange or Dirty Rhythms cd's, then as I got older I enjoyed them both a little more, i don't know why? just think by that point every band was sounding exactly the same as each other, and all those cd's of commercial rock were selling themselves with one extremely kick ass song, then the rest would be mediocre, now of course, i would give my schlong and balls to be bitching over this problem now, but i guess all these band's are pretty good now, that the music is no longer in existence.

I guess when you don't hear your favourite style of music on radio as much, it makes you appreciate the albums more :guitar:

That's quite an understatement, I would give anything for them to play even semi decent stuff.

I remember getting the debut album as a promo when it first came out and absolutely HATING it and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Then several years later I found it for like a buck or something and decided "what the hell" and picked it up. Didn't play it for a long time because I remembered "not liking it" but when I popped it in I was blown away. Took it out, made sure it was the right CD and proceeded to continue getting my ass kicked by it. Still love it to this day.

I have no idea what I was on when I listened to it the first time ...

I remember buying this just for "Love on the Telephone". The cover of Beau Nasty's "Make a Wish" isn't too bad, but the rest of the tracks didn't do much for me. I should give them another listen. After 15+ years, maybe my opinion will change.

• 4 weeks later...

Is that the guy who was a Mtv VJ a short time back in the late 90s?

NO.. That was Jesse Camp...

His band was called Jesse Camp & The 8th Street Kidz