Cartoons

T-BONE

When I was growing up, the good cartoons were still on TV. Not the bullshit they feed the kids these days. Well...there's a few exceptions like Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab.

My favorite childhood cartoons came on at 3pm after school and usually ran until 5pm. They were G.I.Joe, M.A.S.K., Transformers, Superfriends, He-Man, and Looney Tunes.

On Saturday mornings there was all the Looney Toons, Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, and other varied toons.

These days, there doesn't seem to be that many good kid toons. The Simpsons, Beavis & Butthead, Ren & Stimpy, South Park, Family Guy, and King Of The Hill are all geared towards Adults. My theory is that the TV Networks are being pressured to lay off the Saturday Morning Cartoons and after school cartoons to get kids to do other "More Constructive" things and not be couch potato's. Thats a decent Idea, but let kids be kids and quit making them grow up so fast.

No more replies? No one had any favorite cartoons as a kid? Geeeeez ;)

No more replies? No one had any favorite cartoons as a kid? Geeeeez ;)

T-BONE,

Hard to believe huh?

If it weren't for cartoons I would never have the propensity for needless violence that I have today.

Praise the Lord :D

Battle of the Planets

Tom and Jerry

He-Man

Scooby Doo

The Flintstones

G.I. Joe

Bugs Bunny, etc...

I usually watched other shows too like Mash, Welcome Back Carter, Gilligan's Island, Land of the Lost, and Chips.

I hated the Roadrunners and Tweety Bird. I was always cheering for Yosimite Sam, Wiley, and Sylvester. I hated the Chipmunks too. I should be at 200 T-Bone. :D

All right! I'm the opening act. I guess the best is the headliner? Better yet, the producers. :D

It's better than the band whore don't you think T-Bone? :lol:

jason must be M.I.A. I figured he'd jump all over this thread. Maybe his weekend started early and he's passed out already <_< Lightweight :lol:

As far as violence goes Steve, I watched all those cartoons growing up and I'm not a violent person. I think that's a bad parents excuse why their little brat turned out to be a total shithead. My parents let us be kids, but we still had our responsibilities around the house. Every week, it changed among us 3 brothers. Trash, dishes, lawn/snow, vacuuming, etc. You're a parent, I'm sure you know what I mean. So I personally don't think it's the TV making kids act like they do, It's the lack of discipline coming from the parent. Kids mimic what they see from their surroundings. My ex-fiance and I are still best friends, but Zach acts totally different around each of us. He's a great kid who always listens to me, picks up his toys, goes to bed, takes his nap, and other things. When he's with mom, he's the complete opposite. She lets him do what he wants and he has no structure. She was raised that way and thats the way she turned out too. A complete slob. She's an awesome friend and very fun to go party with, but not to live with. Thats where Zach gets his attitude from. He wants to do all the fun stuff, but not the responsible stuff when he's with mommy. So to make it short, I think it's all parenting, not Cartoons or TV.

What were Star Blazers Dan?

As A Kid I liked:

GI Joe

Transformers

MASK

Superfriends (The one with the Justice League and Legion of Doom. Not the Wonder Twins)

Roadrunner

Yosemite Sam

Tom & Jerry

Chilly Willy

I'm not sure what it was called, but it's the one with Wile E. Coyote and that Sheepdog.

Adult Cartoons:

Simpsons

South Park

Beavis And Butthead

Family Guy (Gotta love that kid)

What were Star Blazers Dan?

Early Japanese anime. I remember coming home from school, oh musta been 1982-3 or so in order to catch them on TV. Brief synopsis: Earth is under attack from INSERT EVIL VILLAIN HERE. A world war II battleship, the Yamato is converted into a space cruiser, including a gigantic "wave motion gun". Captain Avatar (crusty old cap'n), Derek Wildstar (our hero), Nova (hero's love interest) and a cast of others went off into space to fight the evil ones. Each episode would end with a pronouncement of "There are only X days left to save the earth. Will our heroes survive?" (basically a countdown to the end of the season).

There were 3 full TV seasons plus several feature-length movies. The theme song was cool as hell.

I've got some episodes on VHS. Haven't forked out the $$$ for the DVDs yet.

On a hard rock-related note, I picked up some tapes of the animated series "Biker Mice From Mars" on Ebay. Haven't watched any of them yet. The only reason I bought them was that I have the soundtrack on CD, all songs sung by Jeff Scott Soto (Eyes, Yngwie Malmsteen, Takara, Talisman, Axel Rudi Pell).

-Dan

• 2 years later...

I'm sorry but dredging past threads I found this gem and I just had to refresh it a little.

I remember Star Blazers. Although it was never shown over in the U.K. (as far as I know) I used to watch it when I was over in Canada for about 3 months in 1980 and I loved it. Didn't they fly around in a big kinda submarine or something??

Anyway my fave cartoon as a kid was Rocket Robin Hood. I can still remember most of the tune...

"Band of brothers marching together, heads held high in all kinds of weather, with firey retros our ....mumble.. rockets fly...mumble mumble..across....mumble ... beyond the sky?....mumble mumble...cough cough!!!!!"

Obviously my memory is naff!!!!

:blink:

Superfriend vs. Legion of Doom

Dungeons and Dragons

Spiderman and his amazing friends

liked all of those

Popeye

looney toones (yeah, space jam is awesome)

tons of Saturday morning stuff

Lost In Space

Land Of The Lost

I know they weren't cartoons but still for kids

way too much stuff to remember. I loved Saturday Mornings.

and SCOOBY DOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Bugs Bunny

Woody Woodpecker

Droopy Dog

Scooby Doo

Tom & Jerry

Roadrunner

Prince Planet , Marine Boy , Gigantor , Kimba The White Lion , Casper , Superman ,Captain America , The Hulk , Thor and Shame Of The Jungle {Animated Movie}

..........still wondering what this is doing in the music. LOL.

No idea what it's doing in here.... I just hope nobody in here admits to watching Kimba The White Lion... LOL

The only thing I remember was the ground moving below Kimba and the gay lion's feet never ever touched the ground... :9mm:

..........still wondering what this is doing in the music. LOL.

Best post in a while! LOL

After school toons:

GI Joe

MASK

Scooby Doo

He-Man

Saturday morning toons:

New Zoo Review

Jem (occasionally - just because I thought she was HOT! ;) )

Smurfs

WWF Wrestling Superstars

(I know, they're not all cartoons. But, I delivered newspapers and was up at UNGODLY hours on Saturday. This, and a big bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch, was how every Saturday morning went.)