SOUND CLIPS OR NO SOUND CLIPS

SOUND CLIPS OR NO SOUND CLIPS  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like being surprised ! :)

And thanks to this board and it's members :bowdown: it seldom happens that I buy crap. In the meantime I learned whose opinion I can trust (Jez, Faust (Chris)) and where I have to be a little careful. I'm also a fan of reading CD reviews, i.e. melodicrock.com, Bright Eyes, Glory Daze, etc. New releases of my favourite bands I buy blind anyway (i.e. Final Frontier, Harem Scarem, ...)

In rare cases I use soundbytes.

I like being surprised ! :)

And thanks to this board and it's members :bowdown: it seldom happens that I buy crap. In the meantime I learned whose opinion I can trust (Jez, Faust (Chris)) and where I have to be a little careful. I'm also a fan of reading CD reviews, i.e. melodicrock.com, Bright Eyes, Glory Daze, etc. New releases of my favourite bands I buy blind anyway (i.e. Final Frontier, Harem Scarem, ...)

In rare cases I use soundbytes.

Cheers Bernd

Much the same for me - I like the surprise, but especially AOR wise, I always check the Samples avaliable first and check others opinions here especially after a string of disappointments in the last couple of years. I also check out the other web sites for reviews etc, but sometimes they are way off as well which doesn't help much. I have my fave bands and of course I buy blind when it comes to them, but as I said, recently I am taking a little more care in what I buy.

Like flyin v I also will listen to any sound clips I can get a hold of. I also read as much as I can find on a band,title,etc. I will also "hollar" at folks here and get a opinion and some input. That has also helped a lot :)

I like hearing samples to get an idea of what a band sounds like. The Cobra Dane clips made me want it bad, and I still do. It seems like in most cases though samples don't really give you a decent representation of what the band is. Hearing 20-30 seconds of a song just isn't enough. The idea of putting up a full mp3 is a much better idea. That probably opens up a whole other can of worms and I'm sure no one wants to get into that debate, but that's how I feel about it.

Soundclips are a great idea. It is clearly a pain for sellers to attatch them, however it would be interesting to see how 2 different auctions selling the same CD did, if one had mp3's and one didn't. I'll bet that the likes of Retrospect get better sales on those CD's with soundclips than those without. I personally will occasionally flick through the site & play the soundbytes, ending up buying CD's I never would have done without the sound...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.