Apologies and Thank You's in order

glockose

You know something, I am sitting here in this office reading all these threads and I'm thinking what an idiot I am. I have been in this business for 20 years now. And I ALWAYS felt so much confident's in myself and the bands I signed that I would pay the (right person) HAHAHA OH that cracks me up. I should change that to the "correct legal party" ALL there royalties UP FRONT and NEVER took away there copyrights.

What a stupid idiot I am. I would spend so much time and money tracking down the "Correct people" and then pay (1000 copies say $4 each) $4000 up-front before I would even press the first copy just knowing I would sell them all so why drag this out, pay them in full. And hay they wrote the songs they should keep the rights. I'm just doing a service by getting the music to the public.

Then on top of that I would refuse to sell ANY Boots on the side just NO WAY. It was just the "wrong thing" went against my MORALS.

So now after 100+ releases and a GREAT time It's time to retire and go sit on the beach.

THEN all this comes about and Retrospect shows me what an Idiot I really em "THANK YOU RETROSPECT", I could have been selling boots all along and pocketing the cash. And how much time and money I spent tracking people down when I could have just paid ANYONE or KNOWONE at all unless they contacted me!

I got all this gray hair for nothing. For fighting for the RIGHT THING hell is there such a thing these days?

Well I'm done. The new generation of music fans can take over. BANDS BEWARE IT"S NOT ALL FOR YOUR BEST INTEREST & IF LEGAL PROBLEMS ARISE THEY MAY BE YOURS.

And again Retrospect I apologize it looks like you had it right all along Thank you.

There is no need to respond to this since there is no question.

and I wont be posting on this site again.

This was only meant as a thank you!

Dan , you could remove his post as it serves absolutely no purpose.

Glockose , I DO have it right which is why RR is a successful company.

Glockose if you are who I suspect you are (thanks to some friendly insiders) , then you ripped off more bands than I have eaten hot dinners , so your point is entirely MOOT , like your record company is now.

Now why don't you play a game of Hide and go fuck yourself?

"Now why don't you play a game of Hide and go fuck yourself?" - Sam

Hey Sam, no wonder your business is so successful, maybe it's got something to do with your great communication skills!! You sound very much like the head of a very successful record label!! Keep digging those holes mate!!

Very professional!!

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

Should I list a discography maybe that will help pick 1

you should know some of them since Vegas has sold Greek boots of some of my artists

Well , obviously you are from New Renaissance Records. You DARE challenge MY way of doing business when you have made the decisions YOU have made in fucking bands over by withholding their releases?

No , its YOUR kind of business ethics that I am destroying one day at a time.

I SOLD ONE SCREAMER CD. ONE. That's the extent of my dealings with NRR.

You don't know me but I have also been in the business for 20 years. I have toured all over the world and have a quite impressive resume.....one that would equal Hellion. I know quite a few artists who are not too fond of NRR. Why would that be? I emailed you and OFFERED to license some titles from you but for some reason you sit on over 50 releases while the bands sweat it out never seeing their vinyl on cd.

Do the right thing.

Do not EVER criticize or patronize me or the way i do business again , I have plenty of ammo on NRR and your company certainly doesn't come out smelling like roses.....or should we bring up TUFF LUCK who YOU royally SHAFTED.

The hypocrisy just reeks.

I think it would be good to have a flame-free RR thread. Somehwere people can ask genuine questions, and somewhere where the label can answer these questions, without the thread turning it into a slugfest.

I'm not a retrospect lover or hater, although I would like to be able to ask a question in a public forum and not have it turn into a shambles. I asked a question a few days ago, RR answered it to the best of their knowledge, and then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose.

Is it too much to ask....

Don't we have enough of these threads already???

JL

Shush man, it's better than a prime-time sitcom :popcorn:

...then you have too much time on your hands...shush........

JL

I do and I find it funny - its way interesting and educational than "your favourite whoever album/song poll" endless topics.

Besides, if you dont like it, just dont read it, its that easy. Peace

I don't PERSONALLY have anything against NRR , and in fact I am a fan of quite a few NRR bands , even Hellion , but to to keep bands like Tuff Luck and VVSI and many others locked in a vault for 20 years is just downright wrong. THAT'S morally wrong. So Glockose , you can step right down off your high horse and explain WHY NRR has kept these bands in the dark and not allowed them to make money on their hard work.

Deal?

I'm sure everyone wants to know.

As a fan , I want to know!

I don't PERSONALLY have anything against NRR , and in fact I am a fan of quite a few NRR bands , even Hellion , but to to keep bands like Tuff Luck and VVSI and many others locked in a vault for 20 years is just downright wrong. THAT'S morally wrong. So Glockose , you can step right down off your high horse and explain WHY NRR has kept these bands in the dark and not allowed them to make money on their hard work.

Deal?

Arent you here to solely publicise and promote RR, Sam?

getting into childish egoistic battles,and abusing prospective customers , only lowens whatever goodwill you've created ,if any.

Deal?

Arent you here to solely publicise and promote RR, Sam?

getting into childish egoistic battles,and abusing prospective customers , only lowens whatever goodwill you've created ,if any.

No , I just want to hear some answers from other label reps. I find it quite rewarding and educating.

Deal?

First off, I don't mean this in a smart-ass way...but Sam, just as you are so fond of saying that Retrospect's inner workings are absolutely NONE of anyone's business, maybe the specifics of New Renaissance are none of yours (or ours) either...

Couldn't all this and all the crap in the "Question for Retrospect" have been asked in the RR poll thread? Both these threads are obvious attempts to get Sam to go off. I don't stand on either side of the fence, but this is a blatant attempt at keeping the shit rolling downhill. Again no Loyalties or problems with NRR or RR here, but this is stupid shit. Could someone please take the high road?

Hello! Again

Did I miss something? I told you who I am

OPM Records, Hexamon Records, Rockadelic

Do any of those sound like NRR? how or why did you come up with that?

You have sold Commandment & Apollo Ra

Everything I have said is the truth and you want to twist it

Hell this started off as a THNAK YOU and now I dont knnow what you've turned it into.

I'm the person who sent First Strike to you so you could make them a deal after you released there CD without asking (deal worked great)

I'm the person who sent Shrapnel to you after you release Trauma with out asking (deal couldn't be worked) CD had to be pulled

were did the first Defcon demos come from?

Man how hard is this? why would you think I was NRR?

Why would you give me a hard time when I was bowing out and thanking you for a job well done?

Sorry , guess I was wrong - wouldn't be the first time.

Well it all worked out , except for Trauma , who actually DESERVE a re-release and Varney at Shrapnel just WILL NOT re-release his back catalog , which is why it all gets booted.

I have to admit Trauma was a mistake on my part for not researching the history of the band , I f'd up and I apologized a million times to Varney (we were friends at the time, after all , he got me the Schenker gig , but c'mon Mike , re-release the old Shrapnel stuff).

First Strike worked out awesome - thanks , Kevin Hinchey has been awesome to deal with.

Defcon demos came from the entire band.

Ask them yourself www.myspace.com/defconrocks

I had no idea Commandment and Apollo Ra were even boots (I DID NOT release those).

Why not officially re-release them Glockose?

As I stated I hold no rights to bands songs.

If someone wants to re-release something I have done go and work it out with the band no problem from me I'll help you get in contact with them and if you can work it out GREAT

I have only done vinyl never CD's (just dont like them)

I was NOT saying anything was wrong with your Defcon release I am sure it is on the up and up. Please dont take it that way. But I did think you purchased the Demos from me or a friend of yours did since right after I sold them it was only a short time when you had a deal. KOOL

a question though why is Mr. Guzmen not mentioned wasn't he in the band? or did you do stuff he didn't play on? Him and his brother were in a band before Defcon named Unleasoned that put out a Lp of some pretty good power metal that somehow has not made it to (boot)CD yet and I am sure you would do well with.

You should lay off the coffie a little. There ARE people out there that would help you do things if you were just a little nicer. Trust me in this busness you can NEVER have TOO many friends.

HAVE A NICE DAY

I think it would be good to have a flame-free RR thread. Somehwere people can ask genuine questions, and somewhere where the label can answer these questions, without the thread turning it into a slugfest.

I'm not a retrospect lover or hater, although I would like to be able to ask a question in a public forum and not have it turn into a shambles. I asked a question a few days ago, RR answered it to the best of their knowledge, and then all of a sudden all hell breaks loose.

Is it too much to ask....

Yes it would seem to be..I've read so many of these posts so I can make an

Informed decision on some things I'd like to buy..but it seems when certain

questions arise a flame war starts...It is a real bitch especially if ya

wanna buy something...people can so Easily sit behind a screen and

Yell taunts and barbs at people..but no one connected to certain

record "labels or companies can answer honest questions...So when

I the Consumer wants to buy something all hell breaks loose....and

it would seem people get the run around..such a shame is deceit...

I do and I find it funny - its way interesting and educational than "your favourite whoever album/song poll" endless topics.

Besides, if you dont like it, just dont read it, its that easy. Peace

You know what? I don't really care what you find funny or if you like reading album polls. I'm not going to get into a flame war with you because I could give a piss.

It's that easy. Peace.....

JL

Glockose , the Guzman thing was interesting. There was some bad blood between Guzman and the other 4 members of the band...Tony , Nick , Mark and Shawn. Those guys didn't want anything to do with Guzman so they didn't want any of his songs on the first press or this one and actually didn't want any of Shawn's songs on this new press. They wanted to stick with the main core of the band.... Tony , Nick and Mark. That's why this new press will have 3 members on the front and not 4 and different songs than the first press.

You'd have to ask them what their main beef is with those guys and that's why not all songs from the original 4 demos are included.

Defcon is still an amazing band and have actually reformed to do a new album and live shows which I am very excited about.

Glockose you sound like someone with a great history and I apologize for coming across like a jerk. It seemed as if you were yet another person 'on the attack'. I realize now where you stand.

Kudos.

• I'm sure you remember as I do the "Black and White Minstrel Show". These days it's incredible to think that this was considered wholesome family viewing at the time.  There's absolutely no way something like this would fly today.    
    • Old New Ballads Blues - Gary Moore
    • Don't Let It End - Highly Strung featuring John McEnroe
    • Sure isn't Sam Newman, not Norman.
    • “YOU'VE BEEN WAITING! IT'S 7 O'CLOCK, TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE PRESALE OF THE NEW QUIREBOYS ALBUM 'WARDOUR STREET' SPECIAL GIG, BOX SET, VINYL AND MORE Spike, Nigel Mogg, Chris Johnstone, Rudy Richman and Luke Morley are delighted to announce that the new Quireboys album 'Wardour Street' is now available on presale through their worldwide distributor Cadiz Music. The album is dedicated to Guy Bailey's memory. It's the album he wanted the band to make. Included in the presale are these exclusive items: Album launch event in London / box set / exclusive gig T shirt. This is a private party to meet the band and an acoustic gig. Only 100 tickets will be available. Box Set includes: • Exclusive rose coloured vinyl • CD • Cassette (only available in the box set) • Silk scarf • Shot glass • Laminates • Signed lyric sheets • Poster Also available: • Limited edition box set • Limited edition white vinyl Ip • Digipak CD https://cadizmerchstore.com/collections/quireboyswardourstreet/products/quireboys-wardour-street-box-lp-cd?variant=40676535599159  
    • Is he producing?  He mixed & mastered that new Nickoloff - Envy release to and it's on Kivel...he's everywhere  I thought Oscar Nilsson produced this?
    • Well it isn't far away so you never know lol
    • Have to say that I'm a little excited to get Remasters of the Flame discs  love them...the other ain't too shabby either mind 
    • More to come from Bad Reputation...April 19th.. Deadringer - Electrocution Of The Heart (1989) Everybody rock When you’re in you’re in Love’s a killer Secret eyes Balls out Summa cum loud Double talk Dangerous love Bring on the night Unsung heroes Bonus track Unsung heroes (Remix) Outlaw Blood - S/t (1991)   TOWER OF LOVE BODY & SOUL LAST ACT SINK MY TEETH EVERY DAY I DIE SOUL REVIVAL I’M IN SHOCK RED HOT ‘N’ BLUE SLAVE TO LOVE FALL THRU THE CRACKS HOLLYWOOD BABYLON and on 28th May... Flame - s/t & Blaze (2cd) (1989/1992)   CD 1. FLAME - Flame 1.    Razor Blade Road (Prelude) 2.    Rain 3.    Electraglide 4.    Wild One 5.    Don’t Look Down 6.    Wonderland 7.    Shelter You 8.    If You Had A Heart 9.    Never Say Die 10.    Ball And Chain 11.    Blood For Blood 12.    Desperate Heart 13.    Automatic 14.    Razor Blade Road (Reprise) CD 2.  Flame - Blaze 1.    Lorelei 2.    Ride 3.    Ball & Chain 4.    New Love 5.    Givin’ Me Lies 6.    Get It All 7.    Automatic 8.    Fascination Touch 9.    Bound n Tied 10.    Freight Train 11.    Don’t Look Down  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.