Best of the Best XV

Which of these 1991 releases are your faves?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, 1991 wasn't as good as the preceeding years IMO, but there were still some great releases that year. :)

Unfortunately, late in 1991, the music world would change forever, as a trio from Seattle would strike it big with their "Nevermind" CD...the "hair band" era was coming to an end.... -_-

I was gonna be a sarcastic prick and ask "Hey, where's NEVERMIND?" but you already addressed that topic, Whiplash, so... well... never mind. ;)

Voted for Ozzy's No More Tears in the first group and Skid Row's Slave To The Grind in the second group. Though if Kix's Hot Wire had been in the second group, that would've gotten my vote. (Everybody follow that?Good.)

Still.......some things I really loved.....

Tyketto ~ Don't Come Easy.........pffffffffffth......as IF there was a choice. :lol:

LA Guns ~ Hollywood Vampires......some of my fave LAG tunes......"Kiss My Love Goodbye", "Over The Edge", "Crystal Eyes", "It's Over"......yeah.....some of my faves.... :)

1st goup: Tyketto - Don't Come Easy- This is still one of my favs of all time

2nd group: Skid Row- Slave to the Grind- This proved to the world that the Skids were not just another hair band.

I chose Kix and Skid Row.

I'm also trying to figure out who Love Life is. Did I miss something?

From reading over at the main site it appears that Love Life is a Christian Metal group.

I've never heard or them but according to some of the comments over there they sound like Slaughter and Skid Row.

I'm also trying to figure out who Love Life is. Did I miss something?

I suppose the inclusion of Love Life was kind of a "vanity" pick for me, since I love that release. :P

Love Life had a sound VERY much akin to Slaughter...later on, they morphed into the band known as Fear Not, and leaned more into the early Skid Row direction, but still with the "Slaughter-ish" vocals.

Both bands and their CDs are well worth checking out if you've never heard them, :banger:

Mike

I went with Love Life from the first set (Rick--PM me, you've got to hear them! (If you like bands like Slaughter that is)).

Second set I went with Kane Roberts just barely over McQueen Street.

And Whip you mentioned it in your first post above but as I got half way down the first set I thought "Uh, these aren't exactly earth shattering releases, are they".

Sad (and normal, for me) as it is to say, I'm not familiar with enough to know too many of those choices. So, for that reason more than anything, I chose GNR on the first list (if for no other reason than "Don't Cry" was on it and it was a very special song in college for me and a lovely young lady).

Second list I chose Harem Scarem (come on, with my SN, how could I not?), but only slightly ahead of Skid Row.

Tyketto because MJ said so. Actually it is a very awesome record and don't let her sway you......

Danger Danger for the next as Slipped her the Big One is stellar as is Monkey Business....and so on. Great band.

THUNDER - BACKSTREET SYMPHONY.

VAN HALEN - F.U.C.K

Went with 'The Storm' from the first section although love the Tyketto & Shadowking discs nearly equally.

The second section was a lot more difficult to choose from, what with Bad English, Aldo Nova's mighty fine 'Blood On The Bricks', but the winner is:

Harem Scarem - S/T - Superb album and one they have never bettered IMHO.

Part I: White Lion

Part II: Skid Row

some more for consideration

38 Special- Bone Against Steel

Badlands - Voodoo Highway

Blackeyed Susan - Electric Rattlebone

Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid

Dangerous Toys - Hellacious Acres

Foreigner - Unusual Heat

Honeymoon Suite - Monsters Under the Bed

Idle Cure - Inside Out

Junkyard - Sixes, Sevens, and Nines

The Law - The Law (it's Paul Rodgers, it has to be a contender)

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Lynyrd Skynyrd 1991 (the comeback)

Poison - Swallow This Live (do live albums cound or are they like GH's)

Richie Sambora - Stranger in This Town ( I love this album)

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Steelheart - Steelheart

Tall Stories - Tall Stories

Tangier - Stranded

Tattoo Rodeo - Rode Hard and Put Away Wet

1991 may not have been the biggest year but there are a ton of solid releases that you should have.

Foreigner - Unusual Heat

Idle Cure - Inside Out

Steelheart - Steelheart

Tangier - Stranded

1991 may not have been the biggest year but there are a ton of solid releases that you should have.

Sorry, most of those aren't even a blip on people's radars when they think of the "best" from 1991.

About the only one that probably should have been included was Steelheart - S/T, as alot of people do love that album. I doubt if many of these would have gotten more than 1-2 votes overall if they'd been mixed in with the polls as they are. The 30+ choices given is probably too many as is, given the overall mediocrity of the year...

Foreigner - Unusual Heat

Idle Cure - Inside Out

Steelheart - Steelheart

Tangier - Stranded

I agree with Steelheart and Badlands for sure. Ray Gillan and Mike Metijevic are two of the best vocalists of the hard Rock genre.

How about Shotgun Messiah's SECOND COMING? Wasn't that a 1991 album? I woulda voted for that one in a heartbeat. I recently re-discovered it and I can't pry the frickin' thing outta my CD player!!

Foreigner - Unusual Heat

Idle Cure - Inside Out

Steelheart - Steelheart

Tangier - Stranded

Sorry, most of those aren't even a blip on people's radars when they think of the "best" from 1991.

About the only one that probably should have been included was Steelheart - S/T, as alot of people do love that album. I doubt if many of these would have gotten more than 1-2 votes overall if they'd been mixed in with the polls as they are. The 30+ choices given is probably too many as is, given the overall mediocrity of the year...

All I'm saying is that it may not been a great "hit" year but there are still a lot of solid albums from 91. Sure it is no 1990 or 1989 as there are not really earth shattering albums but there are a ton of solid albums that are an easy 7.5-8.0 rating.

How about Shotgun Messiah's SECOND COMING? Wasn't that a 1991 album? I woulda voted for that one in a heartbeat. I recently re-discovered it and I can't pry the frickin' thing outta my CD player!!

I've noticed that you've been spinning that one quite often lately.

That's also a personal fav of mine.

"Sex, Drugs, Rock n Roll" is a great song, as is every other song on that one.

I've noticed that you've been spinning that one quite often lately.

That's also a personal fav of mine.

"Sex, Drugs, Rock n Roll" is a great song, as is every other song on that one.

I had SECOND COMING on cassette back in the day but the tape crapped out years ago, and I only recently got a CD copy... it had been so long since I'd heard it that it was like listening to it for the first time all over again! F**king GREAT album!! Now I can't get it the hell outta my player!

:bowdown::lol: