Mariah Carey's New Album

Mike Tuinstra

For her next album Mariah's thinking about to add some different styles to her numbers. So next to the Pop, R&B, Hip Hop and a little Gospel which she is known for the last couple of years she thinks to ad Rock again.

Rock was awesome in the 80's and to say it rude sucked in the 90's but now it's coming back. Those styles in Rock are AOR like Toto, Foreigner, Journey, Roachford, Heart and others. The so called Hair Metal from Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Europe, Whitesnake, Saraya etcetera. And the Sleaze Glam or Hard Rock like Guns N' Roses, Living Colour, Mötley Crüe, Blondie and some Janet Jackson songs as well.

So now is the time to relaunch it again. Back in the day she did a combination of the above mentioned genres too. Think about Fade Away from her pre-record deal years and You Need Me from her debut album. There also might be some reaggae influences on some of the tracks.

What do you think about this? I think it will be cool as it shows how diverse she is as an artist. She also likes all of these genres so why not sing them too. B)

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought her cover of Def Leppard's "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" was a bit... unusual, to say the least. :)

Mariah's hot, so she can do whatever she wants as far as I'm concerned. :)

She destroyed Open Arms with her wailing up and down the scales. If I EVER have to hear anything by that arrogant dwarf again it'll be too soon. :gun3:

I will never be in a position to comment on a Mariah Carey album, but I would like to position my 'man-pencil' between her breasts. F*ck she is a peice of work!!!

I was one of about 3 people that liked her version of "Bringin' on the Heartbreak". Other than that, I don't care for anything she has released. But I will say she is built exactly the way I like 'em!

:pics:

mariah_carey_132989a.jpg

Good point mate:

wallb6.jpg

walla6.jpg

wallg6.jpg

wallm6.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

mariah_carey_01.jpg

Oh jeez... lord knows I love my norks, especially Mariah's... but that ass shot drives me insane. Time for sleep.

LOL! This is exactly what I was expecting... :lol:

In my opinion this would be a very cool thing to do! Why have that many prejudices? She likes this music as well. And this site...

I was just trying out some different sites on the internet about what are people's thoughts. Otherwise she ends up making the same songs over and over again... She likes her current styles but wants to add a few others as well. And the first one in line is Rock! Like those artists I mentioned above. She likes that the most next to her current styles.

She did it back in the day as well. In the 80's. There are a lot of Rock songs that you don't know from Mariah. Because most of them were unreleased to date...

I don't know if you've ever listened to her debut album for example. But listen to this Rock song! It's called You Need Me...

Mariah Carey - You Need Me

She destroyed Open Arms with her wailing up and down the scales. If I EVER have to hear anything by that arrogant dwarf again it'll be too soon. :gun3:

:rofl2:

Nick, we do seem to have a very similar taste of music, .... and dislikes !! :P

Thank you for the Mariah photo gallery guys... see? It is possible to be a Mariah Carey fan and yet not like her music one iota. :)

:loser: Well, if you don't want to hear anything from her and you're a hater no matter what than leave this thread for what it is! There's no cause to be offensive to her! Although I expected this would happen... Some people just aren't ready for this! It's a good thing that it's a different story in the real artists world...

Give her a break... She has a good voice to sing Rock songs as well!

I am not a Mariah hater by any means. I love her. Especially her videos! Yum yum. :)

Geoff, I must extend my deepest gratitudes to you for that last shot...

Yeah, that picture sure makes a man want to sin.

I really thought the first album was great, after that, no for me

Yes, it's the intention that she makes an album like that again... Her debut album is also a very versatile album. The new album is intended to sound more 80's again just like that! After all that is the best music around! And where the scene is heading towards again now in the mid 00's in 2006. That music is the music of the future!

:loser: Well, if you don't want to hear anything from her and you're a hater no matter what than leave this thread for what it is! There's no cause to be offensive to her! Although I expected this would happen... Some people just aren't ready for this! It's a good thing that it's a different story in the real artists world...

I'm calling her arrogant for good reason. My wife used to work for Planet 24 production company over at Canary Wharf she had the "misfortune" (her words not mine) to meet her a couple of times. She apparently thinks that because she has fame/money she can treat people like sh*t. For example my wife watched as she called over one of her lackies demanded he/she hold her hand out, then took the gum she was chewing out of her mouth and put it in their waiting hand...fuckin' disgusting!! If she had done it to me in two seconds flat she would have been pulling it out of her hair. She said she was a complete prima donna who threatened to pull the interview a number of times because she wasn't getting her own way. Jeez I have no time for people like that with that kind of attitude. The second time she met her again she was still walking around like she owned the world full of her own self importance. My wife also said she had to deal with quite a few "arseh*les" during her time with the company but she was by far the worst.

Also in my opinion she has a pretty mediocre voice, but then mediocrity seems to sell these days. She's hardly Aretha Franklin.

As for leaving the thread for what it is...I don't see too many falling over themselves to praise her musical ability more seem to be praising her tits!

Hmmm! Guess I'm not over keen on her. :P

As for leaving the thread for what it is...I don't see too many falling over themselves to praise her musical ability more seem to be praising her tits!

Oh... you mean these things? mariah-carey-bikini.jpg I hadn't noticed. :whistle:

Though now that you mention it:

mariah-carey-bikini-10.jpg

• 2023 Gold Donors

Well at least there is something about her to praise. :tits: