CLASSIC THRASH METAL ALBUMS

TIM (2)

The Exumer reissues are very good & recommended I'd say if you like not to spend $$. The 1st Assassin is very good but the 2nd is crap. The 3rd is :violin:

Sweet thanks for the feedback.

I also need some advise on the rest of the TANKARD discography since it is quite extensive. So far I have the first two Zombie Attack, and Chemical Invasion. What are some of there better ones? From what I've read B-Day, The Tankard, Two Faced, and The Meaning Of Life are highly rated.

THE MORNING AFTER is pretty high on my list for TANKARD albums...

Other honorable mentions are:

THE ACCUSED-RETURN OF MARTHA SPLATTERHEAD

ENGLISH DOGS-FORWARD INTO BATTLE

ARTILLERY-DEATH SQUAD

DETENTE-RECOGNIZE NO AUTHORITY

The Exumer reissues are very good & recommended I'd say if you like not to spend $$. The 1st Assassin is very good but the 2nd is crap. The 3rd is :violin:

I also need some advise on the rest of the TANKARD discography since it is quite extensive. So far I have the first two Zombie Attack, and Chemical Invasion. What are some of there better ones? From what I've read B-Day, The Tankard, Two Faced, and The Meaning Of Life are highly rated.

At first you could get "Disco Destroyer" it's quite cheap (Century Media) with a few cool songs. My favorite Tankard is Chemical invasion to give you an idea. If you like only the 1st pressings I would suggest to get all albums up to "Fat, Ugly and Live". I will also recommend the recent reissues. You can get "The Meaning of Life" (one of my faves & I can't understand the low rate on metal-archives) plus bonus live songs or the "Morning After" along with "Alien" from 89 in the same release. The s/t from 95 didn't work so good to me... You cannot expect many changes in Tankard's style through the years.

At first you could get "Disco Destroyer" it's quite cheap (Century Media) with a few cool songs. My favorite Tankard is Chemical invasion to give you an idea. If you like only the 1st pressings I would suggest to get all albums up to "Fat, Ugly and Live". I will also recommend the recent reissues. You can get "The Meaning of Life" (one of my faves & I can't understand the low rate on metal-archives) plus bonus live songs or the "Morning After" along with "Alien" from 89 in the same release. The s/t from 95 didn't work so good to me... You cannot expect many changes in Tankard's style through the years.

Thanks The Meaning Of Life will be purchased this weekend.

ARTILLERY-DEATH SQUAD

I've been looking for The Morning After but I can't seem to find it.

ARTILLERY-DEATH SQUAD

I've been looking for The Morning After but I can't seem to find it.

check your pms...

At first you could get "Disco Destroyer" it's quite cheap (Century Media) with a few cool songs.

I forgot about this one!!

FROM FRANKFURT TO FRISCO, WE SMASH ALL THE DISCOS!!! :tumbsup:

• 2 months later...
I'd be happy to recommend the albums I have by the following:

SOD - SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE

SANCTUARY - REFUGE DENIED and/or INTO THE MIRROR BLACK (it's all good)

CARNIVORE -S/T and/or RETALIATION

HERETIC - BREAKING POINT (btw, Tim, this band/album features a pre-Metal Church Mike Howe on vox, dunno if anybody's mentioned that to ya)

HEATHEN - BREAKING THE SILENCE and/or VICTIMS OF DECEPTION

REVEREND - S/T

VICIOUS RUMOURS - DIGITAL DICTATOR, S/T or WELCOME TO THE BALL

LAAZ ROCKET - ANNIHILATION PRINCIPLE

REALM - ENDLESS WAR (contains a cover of the Beatles' "Eleanor Rigby" which simply HAS to be heard to be believed... hahaha)

HAVOC HATE - CYCLE OF PAIN

FORCED ENTRY - AS ABOVE, SO BELOW

Happy hunting and enjoy!! In case you're interested, I believe all tracks from those two Heathen albums I mentioned are available for free download from the bands' web site, which is www.heathenmetal.com I think.

Isn't the first Reverend album called 'World Won't Miss You'? Remission is an absolute classic track on that one, but the CD is deleted and quite expensive to get hold of.

The Vicious Rumors (American spelling - Vicious Rumours is a different band, punk or folk or something) albums are fantastic, not really thrash though. I think you can get the track 'March Or Die' for free from the band's website, which is a brilliant song from their 'Soldiers Of The Night' album.

My own opinion on Sanctuary is again that they aren't really thrash, but the second album is great, faultless in fact. The debut has only a couple of tracks that I really rate as outstanding, namely 'Battle Angels' and 'Die For My Sins', which can be downloaded from iTunes or Amazon I think.

Isn't the first Reverend album called 'World Won't Miss You'? Remission is an absolute classic track on that one, but the CD is deleted and quite expensive to get hold of.

WORLD WON'T MISS YOU is their debut full length, but Reverend's self-titled was a 4 track EP that came out a year before that. That EP also happens to be the best thing Reverend ever did. Very close to Wayne's work on those first two still-bitchin' Metal Church albums :beerbang:

WORLD WON'T MISS YOU is their debut full length, but Reverend's self-titled was a 4 track EP that came out a year before that. That EP also happens to be the best thing Reverend ever did. Very close to Wayne's work on those first two still-bitchin' Metal Church albums :beerbang:

:banger: Backed...

Also Wayne's Metal Church release is a killer slab o thrash...

Didn't know that. Looks pretty impossible to get hold of said EP though, worst luck. :crying: