what is your guilty pleasure

66 mustang

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When none of my metal friends are looking I bust out Weird Al Yankovic's DARE TO BE STUPID disc. I think I know the lyrics to his "Yoda" parody of the Kinks' "Lola" better than I know the lyrics to the original... if I'm driving in my car and "Lola" comes on the radio, I sing the "Yoda" version over it :)

Oh, and earlier today I had to bring my wife's car to the DMV for its annual inspection and my son asked me to put on her Gretchen Wilson "Here For The Party" CD while we waited in line for our turn. I really didn't want to at first but by the halfway point of the album I was thinking "Goddammit, this is actually pretty good!"

Oooo-kay, there goes what little was left of MY metal street cred... :)

I also own 2 CDs of songs and musical numbers from "The Simpsons"... and I know every single solitary lyric off of each one...

I like Roxette too. need to get a greatest hits cd.

This is the one you need to get, I think:

dont_bore_us_get_to_the_chorus_roxette.jpg

I love Oleta Adams. She has a phantastic voice.

Oh, and earlier today I had to bring my wife's car to the DMV for its annual inspection and my son asked me to put on her Gretchen Wilson "Here For The Party" CD while we waited in line for our turn. I really didn't want to at first but by the halfway point of the album I was thinking "Goddammit, this is actually pretty good!"

:agree: Same here....Even though I have horses..I don't really like country music...But I have been

think bout getting Her first release!!!There are some cool songs on it.

I really like Sade...I used to Jam with an R&B Band and they turned me on to her....I also like alot

of old school funk...Like The Ohio Players,The Gap Band,Parliment,James Brown....

If I do listen to country I like Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash's VH1 Story Tellers..just a couple guys

and their Guitars... :headbanger: John Prine is cool also....

:agree: Same here....Even though I have horses..I don't really like country music...But I have been

think bout getting Her first release!!!There are some cool songs on it.

I really like Sade...I used to Jam with an R&B Band and they turned me on to her....I also like alot

of old school funk...Like The Ohio Players,The Gap Band,Parliment,James Brown....

If I do listen to country I like Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash's VH1 Story Tellers..just a couple guys

and their Guitars... :headbanger: John Prine is cool also....

Gretchen Wilson's pretty hot, so I justify it that way. "Um, yea! I don't like her MUSIC, I like her Boobs! YEAH, that's it!" :P

My wife's the country music fan in the house... she likes Big & Rich (who are frickin' hilarious by the way, I wouldn't mind seeing them live, they'd probably be a helluva lot of fun!), Garth Brooks (of course), Dixie Chicks, Shania, Alan Jackson, Martina McBride, and on and on... I guess I'm better off having to listen to that than to be married to a hip-hop lover (SHUDDER) :blink:

hmm, quite a few

70's early am singles--usually one hit wonders

Barry Manilou, Bee Gees, Carpenters, BStreisand, Bread, Air Supply, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, just a few

Of course I love the Beatles...and the Stones....Brand New Heavies

are kinda cool....Grant Green(Jazz) Billy Cobham(Jazz) make to

the ole jukebox every week or so...I Love Stevie Ray Vaughn..ActuallyI listen to alot blues...Animal House soundtrack gets alot of spins also!!! :banana:

If I have to choose one it would be SANDRA

I listen a lot to old 80es disco and have pretty good collection with all goodies from that golden time like Sandra, Belinda Carlisle, Kim Wilde, Scotch, Roxette, Limahl, Sabrina, etc. Good stuff

Kim Wilde! She was awesome! "Kids In America" was almost punk rock!

A few names have come up that I have a soft spot for:

Roxette and Belinda Carlisle. I don't own any Roxette and only have one Belinda Carlisle album, but it's cool stuff.

I have a massive soft spot for a song called 'If I let you go' by Westlife. Love that song! I also have Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavinge, Invertigo, Taxiride, Busted etc. albums in my collection that I'm not proud of and won't tell the world, but they're there. :)

Guest manicego

>> 70's early am singles--usually one hit wonders <<

I love those cheesy songs and have been known to play those Time Life, etc CD's at glass shattering volume at times ... just because I know it annoys the hell out of everyone else.

And if anyone within arms reach dares to slag The Bee Gees or ABBA off .... uhhh. let's just say I ease up when their face is a very nice shade of purple.

>> 70's early am singles--usually one hit wonders <<

I love those cheesy songs and have been known to play those Time Life, etc CD's at glass shattering volume at times ... just because I know it annoys the hell out of everyone else.

And if anyone within arms reach dares to slag The Bee Gees or ABBA off .... uhhh. let's just say I ease up when their face is a very nice shade of purple.

:banana: Yeah, those 70's early am singles and those Time Life CDs!

Also love 80s new wave, classical guitar music (Segovia, Parkening), Praise & Worship, Kenny Loggins' Return to Pooh Corner and of course the BEATLES.

I have gotten over the Blues, as of late.

I have a serious Punk side....Misfits, Ramones, A.F.I., and I really enjoy My Chemical Romance....also have a huge love for Gothibilly....Ghoultown and the Quakes :P

I have a serious Punk side....Misfits, Ramones, A.F.I., and I really enjoy My Chemical Romance....also have a huge love for Gothibilly....Ghoultown and the Quakes :P

Punk is not a guilty pleasure for me... Ramones, Misfits, Anti-Nowhere League, the Pistols...it's all good. To me, punk rock is just metal played a little sloppier :)

Punk is not a guilty pleasure for me... Ramones, Misfits, Anti-Nowhere League, the Pistols...it's all good. To me, punk rock is just metal played a little sloppier :)

And the lyrics are much more life affirming :lol: actually I do not feel guilty about any music I enjoy...I used to look down on Punk...of course then I was seriously into art rock...Yes, ELP etc and punk is the antithesis of that....but I have matured and appreciate the finer (shorter) songs that sound awesome, screaming the lyrics on the long solo roadtrip..or not solo....It is very hard to scream "Roundabout" with any hope of retaining any dignity :lol:

:banger: You bet it is...How bout The Dead Kennedys,Black Flag,Bad Brains...