Crimson Glory!

Fat Freddy

Saw this on Blabbermouth this morning and went "yaaaaay!" It's about damned time they reissue this catalog! A new album would be nice too but honestly, I'm not gonna hold my breath...

CRIMSON GLORY: Remasters, Upcoming Releases Detailed - Apr. 18, 2006

CRIMSON GLORY members Jon Drenning (guitar), Jeff Lords (bass) and Ben Jackson (guitar) have finally reunited with their original singer Midnight, following the massive demand from their loyal fanbase around the globe and are ready to take on the world.

Now that CRIMSON GLORY are back, metal fans all around the world can rejoice, as there is a wealth of material that the band will release through Greece's Black Lotus Records — on this — the band's 20th anniversary.

Firstly the remasters:

The much revered eponymous debut album of CRIMSON GLORY will be expanded — remastered and have a new title. "Lost Reflections" will not only feature new artwork, new and previously unseen band photos, lyrics and new liner notes but also the added bonus of the previously unreleased songs — "Love Me - Kill Me" and "Dream Dancer", which was originally only found on the Par cassette release of the album and on some hard to find singles, a new video for the song "Lost Refection" and a band interview about the first CD, shedding light on how this magnificent opus was crafted.

Apart from the debut, an upgraded version of the band's defining masterpiece "Transcendence" will be released — subtitled "Transcendence: Renovatio", featuring new cover art, unpublished band photos, lyrics and new liner notes, new mastering, demo versions of two songs as bonuses, a new video for the song "Painted Skies" and a band interview about the second CD.

"Lost Reflections" and "Transcendence: Renovatio" are scheduled for release on June 26 in Europe and August 22 in the U.S.

Later in this year and beyond:

There are plans for a DVD with the tentative title "Phantoms of the Opera". Also an "Astronomica" *redux* newly recorded, with Midnight at the helm, a collection with many rare and previously unreleased songs and last but certainly NOT least the band's BRAND NEW album in mid-2007

Saw this on Blabbermouth this morning and went "yaaaaay!" It's about damned time they reissue this catalog! A new album would be nice too but honestly, I'm not gonna hold my breath...

CRIMSON GLORY: Remasters, Upcoming Releases Detailed - Apr. 18, 2006

CRIMSON GLORY members Jon Drenning (guitar), Jeff Lords (bass) and Ben Jackson (guitar) have finally reunited with their original singer Midnight, following the massive demand from their loyal fanbase around the globe and are ready to take on the world.

Now that CRIMSON GLORY are back, metal fans all around the world can rejoice, as there is a wealth of material that the band will release through Greece's Black Lotus Records — on this — the band's 20th anniversary.

Firstly the remasters:

The much revered eponymous debut album of CRIMSON GLORY will be expanded — remastered and have a new title. "Lost Reflections" will not only feature new artwork, new and previously unseen band photos, lyrics and new liner notes but also the added bonus of the previously unreleased songs — "Love Me - Kill Me" and "Dream Dancer", which was originally only found on the Par cassette release of the album and on some hard to find singles, a new video for the song "Lost Refection" and a band interview about the first CD, shedding light on how this magnificent opus was crafted.

Apart from the debut, an upgraded version of the band's defining masterpiece "Transcendence" will be released — subtitled "Transcendence: Renovatio", featuring new cover art, unpublished band photos, lyrics and new liner notes, new mastering, demo versions of two songs as bonuses, a new video for the song "Painted Skies" and a band interview about the second CD.

"Lost Reflections" and "Transcendence: Renovatio" are scheduled for release on June 26 in Europe and August 22 in the U.S.

There are plans for a DVD with the tentative title "Phantoms of the Opera". Also an "Astronomica" *redux* newly recorded, with Midnight at the helm, a collection with many rare and previously unreleased songs and last but certainly NOT least the band's BRAND NEW album in mid-2007

Fucking awesome news! :banger: They fuckin' rock, really looking forward to the Midnight version of Astronomica. I loved the Wade Black effort but it wasn't really CG without Midnight (whose solo releases are really fuckin' weird,for the record... :blink: ).

Great, more stuff for me to spend money on... <_<

I am just glad that I'll FINALLY be able to get the first album, with "Dream Dancer" on it, on CD! I have the PAR Records cassette pressing of the album and it's the leadoff track. When RoadRunner picked the album up, that track ended up on the B-side to one of the singles and it was never seen or heard from again. I therefore have REFUSED buyin' a CD copy of this album for god-damn nearly TWENTY YEARS. Nice to see my patience is finally going to be rewarded.

How weird ARE Midnight's solo albums, Blue? I've heard stories but have never actually heard'em... the bad reviews I read were more than enough to keep me away...

Apart from the debut, an upgraded version of the band's defining masterpiece "Transcendence" will be released — subtitled "Transcendence: Renovatio", featuring new cover art...

They shoudnt change this one - this artwork is pure classic!

I hope the Greeks will release this by August. I'll surely pick them when in Thessaloniki this summer. Black Lotus is very hard to get outside Greece for some reason, their distribution is not very good :(

Yea, I'm with you Stormspell, they shouldn't mess with the cover art for either one of the albums. Leave'em as they were, especially TRANSCENDENCE. That cover is a masterpiece!

After I saw Crimson Glory in New York City in 1989, I grabbed a humongous TRANSCENDENCE poster off the wall of the lobby in the club and proudly hung it on my dorm room wall for the next three years of college!! Wish I still had that thing!!

I am just glad that I'll FINALLY be able to get the first album, with "Dream Dancer" on it, on CD! I have the PAR Records cassette pressing of the album and it's the leadoff track. When RoadRunner picked the album up, that track ended up on the B-side to one of the singles and it was never seen or heard from again. I therefore have REFUSED buyin' a CD copy of this album for god-damn nearly TWENTY YEARS. Nice to see my patience is finally going to be rewarded.

How weird ARE Midnight's solo albums, Blue? I've heard stories but have never actually heard'em... the bad reviews I read were more than enough to keep me away...

Not Blue but...I have Midnight - Sakada...and I found it horrible...I would rather listen to VH 3 Nu-Metal Jethro Tull meets a Nu -Age ambience with shrill vocals (Think Midnight's nuts in a vice) and a total lack of melody or hook and I LOVE Crimson Glory so this was doubly disappointing as I was expecting so much more :crying:

Not Blue but...I have Midnight - Sakada...and I found it horrible...I would rather listen to VH 3 Nu-Metal Jethro Tull meets a Nu -Age ambience with shrill vocals (Think Midnight's nuts in a vice) and a total lack of melody or hook and I LOVE Crimson Glory so this was doubly disappointing as I was expecting so much more :crying:

Ouch! Guess I didn't miss much by skipping that CD huh? Thanx for the tip, I will avoid it like an explosive device!!!

Ouch! Guess I didn't miss much by skipping that CD huh? Thanx for the tip, I will avoid it like an explosive device!!!

Actually flogging my genitals with a cactus is slightly less painful...at least emotionally :lol:

If you would like I can MP3 you a couple of tracks....shareing the pain makes it hurt less.....

Actually flogging my genitals with a cactus is slightly less painful...at least emotionally :lol:

If you would like I can MP3 you a couple of tracks....shareing the pain makes it hurt less.....

Hey Freddy sorry about the delay getting back to you, I was trying to dig up some MP3's myself to shoot your way. While I don't share the level of dislike that Lobo has for it, it's really fuckin' weird, no question there. I knew going in that it was gonna be a bit odd based on some other things I had read, but it's way out there, not even remotely like CG.

Ehhh...gee, you guys have both done such a great job selling it to me (haha) that I think I'm gonna have to say "Thanks but no thanks." :)

I'll toss out a memory from my CD singles collection... NICE MAKEUP! :yikes:

CRIMSONGLORY1.JPG

Has 3 tracks:

Lonely (Remix)

In Dark Places

Dream Dancer (from 1st Recording Session)

CRIMSONGLORY1.JPG

Has 3 tracks:

Lonely (Remix)

In Dark Places

Hey, is this one the gold VideoCD?

I saw it in a store in Germany in mid-90es but didnt buy it for one reason or another, still regret it to this day, heh.

CRIMSONGLORY1.JPG

Has 3 tracks:

Lonely (Remix)

In Dark Places

HAHAHAHA, yea, that's the single!! I think I may have seen this on vinyl back in the day... didn't buy it at the time (kicking self). I wonder if the re-constituted C.G. will be wearing the silver masks during this next go-round? I thought they were the coolest thing since canned beer back then but it obviously hasn't aged very well...

CRIMSONGLORY1.JPG

Has 3 tracks:

Lonely (Remix)

In Dark Places

HAHAHAHA, yea, that's the single!! I think I may have seen this on vinyl back in the day... didn't buy it at the time (kicking self). I wonder if the re-constituted C.G. will be wearing the silver masks during this next go-round? I thought they were the coolest thing since canned beer back then but it obviously hasn't aged very well...

Them fellas sure is purdy! Great band regardless though... :banger:

Additionally I noticed you left off the last part of the Blabbermouth story so I pasted it in below.

There are plans for a DVD with the tentative title "Phantoms of the Opera". Also an "Astronomica" *redux* newly recorded, with Midnight at the helm, a collection with many rare and previously unreleased songs and last but certainly NOT least the band's BRAND NEW album in mid-2007, a two disc set consisting of all the tracks from Midnight's solo offerings rewritten for banjo and mouth harp, with additional vocals from Mandy Lion.

The masks were a silly gimmick but for some reason it "worked" for me back then. It looked quite cool when I saw'em live back in 1989...

Blue, PLEASE tell me that "banjo and mouth harp, with guest vocals from Mandy Lion" is a joke. PLEASE.

The masks were a silly gimmick but for some reason it "worked" for me back then. It looked quite cool when I saw'em live back in 1989...

Blue, PLEASE tell me that "banjo and mouth harp, with guest vocals from Mandy Lion" is a joke. PLEASE.

:lol: as usual I am far from serious. :anon:

BTW I liked the look back in the day as well, as you mentioned it didn't age all that well. :(

:lol: as usual I am far from serious. :anon:

BTW I liked the look back in the day as well, as you mentioned it didn't age all that well. :(

Thank God. :)

I saw the video for CG's "Lonely" on VH1 Classic's "METAL MANIA" a while back and I had to laugh. They just looked so damn SILLY. I was like "man, how could I possibly have thought that look was COOL?"

• 2 weeks later...

A new Crimson Glory related update from Blabbermouth: Man, this just sounds weird

CRIMSON GLORY Frontman's New Solo Album: Pre-Order Details Revealed - Apr. 29, 2006

CRIMSON GLORY frontman Midnight will be accepting pre-orders for his new concept album, "M2 - Decending into Madness" (D.I.M). 112 copies of this concept album will be unique from any and all others, after which that master will be destroyed. In order to preserve his vision for this album, these 112 will be produced in-house, partially due to the fact that the manifacturers are reluctant to mass-produce some of the content within the album, and partially due to the fact that 48 of the first 112 will be very special and must be hand-made to include the following:

01. Studio outtakes (conversations and strange sounds Midnight produces between takes)

02. One handwritten autographed page from Midnight's personal lyrics used to create the album. There are NO copies — these are the original scribblings. Each of the 112 will be the only ones in existence. Some will contain lyrics that were never used in the actual songs and some will also have poetry doodilings/art. The lyric sheets will all be personally signed by Midnight.

03. Each of the 112 CDs will be numbered and encoded for authenticity..

04. 12 of the 112 albums will contain a "platinum ticket CD" (these will be the only 12 copies in existence in the world). The packadge will also contain a lifetime free access/backstage pass to all CRIMSON GLORY, MIDNIGHT and BEN JACKSON GROUP festivals and/or concert events worldwide for you and a guest.

05. Another group of 12 of the 112 will contain a "golden ticket CD" (the only 12 copies in existence in the world). This package will also contain an invitation for you and a guest to attend a personal reunion party with all the members of CRIMSON GLORY, BEN JACKSON GROUP and the MIDNIGHT band... free food/drink/jam sessions (and other assorted party favors) and digital photos from your visit to Sarasota, Florida will be provided. The 12 will contain a secret e-mail address and the CRIMSON reunion party will be coordinated as closely as possible around the winners' combined schedules.

06. Another group of 12 will receive a "silver ticket CD" (the only 12 copies in existence in the world). These will contain a handwritten certificate good for one free "D.I.M." (Decending Into Madness) straitjacket replica long-sleeve t-shirt.

07. Another group of 12 will contain an "aluminum ticket CD" (the only 12 copies in existence in the world). These will contain a photo of Midnight in the studio. Each of the 12 will be different and the negatives burned.

08. ONLY these 112 CDs will contain special segue soundclips between songs.

09. The first 112 will have 12 different cover designs and different art on the CD itself... all unique from each other. They will NEVER be reproduced again. (no one will know which they will receive.)

10. The 112 will also have a live recorded clip of one of Midnight's split personalities interviewing himself. (Don't ask.)

11. The first time Midnight produced a limited release that wasn't even an album but an EP (the EP entitled "M"), it soon became a collectors' item and was selling for upwards of $200 per copy on eBay.

12. In case you live under a rock, Midnight has also rejoined CRIMSON GLORY for a reunion album/tour... coming soon. The resurgence of this magical group will only increase the value of "M2".

13. There is no 13. What else do you want?

14. Your odds of winning an EXTREMELY rare CD is almost 50/50 and ALL of the 112 CDs will surely become collectors' items very quickly. You have Midnight's personal guarantee these will be one-of-a-kind and never reproduced again EVER in this format.

Details of pre-orders and song clips for "D.I.M." and Midnight's previous album, "Sakada", are avaliable at TheMidnightMansion.com.

Exciting, exciting... My favourite band just before the "Strange and awful" album came out... I love "Sakada" in comparison...

Hahaha, it's certainly a "Strange" album but I never understood where the "Beautiful" part came in...has a couple of good songs but it's no TRANSCENDENCE by any means... it was quite a let down at the time. I'm not surprised that it won't be included in the forthcoming re-issue campaign

Exciting, exciting... My favourite band just before the "Strange and awful" album came out... I love "Sakada" in comparison...

Hahaha, it's certainly a "Strange" album but I never understood where the "Beautiful" part came in...has a couple of good songs but it's no TRANSCENDENCE by any means... it was quite a let down at the time. I'm not surprised that it won't be included in the forthcoming re-issue campaign

I sure as hell wouldn't buy it. Not all that IMO.

I still have my old STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL cassette, never got around to upgrading it to CD and it seems like that's the hardest of theirs to find on disc nowadays... maybe Jon Drenning is buying up all the available copies and shredding 'em. ;)

If I ever came across it used I would pick it up just for the sake of filling out the collection but I'm in no great hurry

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed this news item on Blabbermouth, it's not about Crimson Glory but it sez that the label that's supposed to be re-issuing their catalog (Black Lotus Records) is "going on indefinite hiatus." Uh-oh. So maybe we won't be seeing all those Crimson Glory goodies after all? CRAP-OLA!!!

WHILE HEAVEN WEPT Comment On BLACK LOTUS' Decision To Go On Indefinite Hiatus - May 19, 2006

Virginia-based epic doom metallers WHILE HEAVEN WEPT, who inked a deal with Greece's Black Lotus Records last year, have issued the following statement:

"Today [Thursday, May 18] we also received word Black Lotus Records have ceased production of further releases due to a series of unfortunate events. It truly is a shame that another one of the few honest labels out there is going on indefinite hiatus. We wish Andreas and George better fortunes in future endeavors.

"For those who care, with regards to our current recording, we will continue on regardless and complete the project as planned, as we've been financing it ourselves from the beginning. Of course, like all Black Lotus bands, we welcome any label interest and we can be contacted through our website, www.whileheavenwept.com."