What DVD's did you buy this week?

Dave

Just got back from Best Buy with:

KISS - Kissology Vol. 2 with the bonus 1988 concert

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters For DVD :banana:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Best Buy with:

KISS - Kissology Vol. 2 with the bonus 1988 concert

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters For DVD :banana:

hahahaha..I just got back from best buy with the Kissology vol 2 also...my total price was

$23.52.....Can't wait to play it tonight.... :headbanger:

PATHFINDER (Unrated Cut)

Haven't watched it yet (I plan on checking it out tonight) but I've heard good things, so I'm looking forward to feasting my eyes on some cinematic carnage.

• 2 weeks later...

Best movie of the year so far. Larger than life, hyper-stylized, super-bloody, entertaining as all hell...what's not to like? Just about a perfect cinematic (or in this case, DVD) experience. Love this flick.

Best movie of the year so far.

Backed. I damn wish I'd caught this one at the cinema...

Best movie of the year so far.

Backed. I damn wish I'd caught this one at the cinema.

I actually did see this in the theater when it came out. I still have the indentation on the bottom of my chin from where my jaw kept hitting the floor. :P

28 WEEKS LATER

I loved the first one, just got this through the post today so will be watching it tonight....

28 WEEKS LATER

I loved the first one, just got this through the post today so will be watching it tonight.

Prepare to be impressed. I loved this movie. Better than the first, with more action and more gore. The best way I can put it is to say that "28 Weeks Later" is to "28 Days Later" what "Aliens" was to "Alien." Make sense? Ah, hell, just watch the damn thing...it's great.

28 WEEKS LATER

I loved the first one, just got this through the post today so will be watching it tonight.

Prepare to be impressed. I loved this movie. Better than the first, with more action and more gore. The best way I can put it is to say that "28 Weeks Later" is to "28 Days Later" what "Aliens" was to "Alien." Make sense? Ah, hell, just watch the damn thing...it's great.

Sounds good, looking forward to it even more now. I've got my girlfriends flat all to myself (she has a 64 inch TV!) & some beers in so should be a good night....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BROKEN

One nasty little horror flick right here. A whopper of an opening (reminiscent of the Saw movies), gorgeous cinematography, graphic gore, and a morbid nihilistic streak make this a great choice for hardcore horror fans who like their stuff badass, bloody, brutal, & uncompromising. This is not "fun" gore, this gore will make you squirm. Yes, the film does suffer from a slow middle, but not enough to ruin the overall experience. Trust me, the savagely unexpected finale will make you forget any pacing problems that came before it.

Bottom line, not for everyone (particularly the squeamish or those who insist on happy endings) but hardcore horror afficianados will want to check it out. It definitely earned a spot in my horror DVD collection.

BROKEN

One nasty little horror flick right here. A whopper of an opening (reminiscent of the Saw movies), gorgeous cinematography, graphic gore, and a morbid nihilistic streak make this a great choice for hardcore horror fans who like their stuff badass, bloody, brutal, & uncompromising. This is not "fun" gore, this gore will make you squirm. Yes, the film does suffer from a slow middle, but not enough to ruin the overall experience. Trust me, the savagely unexpected finale will make you forget any pacing problems that came before it.

Bottom line, not for everyone (particularly the squeamish or those who insist on happy endings) but hardcore horror afficianados will want to check it out. It definitely earned a spot in my horror DVD collection.

Backed. Top film, love the ending...

I just bought "Crank" with Jason Statham. Typical shit kicker but OK plot.

28 WEEKS LATER

In my opinion, this is one of those rare sequels that actually tops the original. More action, more gore, faster pace...this is to 28 Days Later what Aliens was to Alien.

WRONG TURN 2 (Unrated)

A totally fun splatterfest with some outrageous gore gags, including a woman split in half, a flayed-open spine, exploding bodies, disembowelments, cannibalism, shotgun wounds, arrows in heads, razor wire slashing, and victims crushed in an industrial garbage grinder. All done with maximum, over-the-top bloodiness. The film is very well-directed, but as you might expect from a straight-to-DVD release, some of the acting could be better. What could not be better, however, is the presence of Henry Rollins playing a badass ex-Marine who goes all Rambo on the cannibals' collective asses.

Good stuff, heartily recommended for horror fans who like guts 'n' gore.

Over the last 3 or 4 weeks

All 10 Friday 13th movies

Die Hard 4.0

The Sex thief

Guns N Roses - Welcome to the videos

Desmonds series 1

Bones season 2

Crocodile Dundee 1-3

Rodney Carrington live at the Majestic

Lock Stock the tv series

The Condemned

Straightheads

Employee of the month

Great rock n roll swindle

Walkabout

Garfield 2

Spiderman 3

A knights tale (extended cut)

Halloween

Fantastic 4:Rise of the Silver Surfer

The metal years:Decline of western civilisation pt.2

Falling down

Paycheck

An American werewolf in London

Borat

K-Pax

Anger management

The dirty dozen

The Flintstones the movie

Hollywoodland

Black Dhalia

Heat

Heart of the dragon

Clue

Murder by death

Fierce creatures

A fish called Wanda

Clockwise

Disaster:the movie

Clerks 2

Android apocalypse

Super troopers

Billy Bathgate

Manderlay

Purple rain

Blame it on the bellboy

My super ex-girlfriend

Necessary roughness

Spaced series 1&2

The Goodies...at last a second helping

Metal Skool

Weird Al Yankovic the ultimate video collection

Only fools and horses:Miami twice

WRONG TURN 2 (Unrated)

A totally fun splatterfest with some outrageous gore gags, including a woman split in half, a flayed-open spine, exploding bodies, disembowelments, cannibalism, shotgun wounds, arrows in heads, razor wire slashing, and victims crushed in an industrial garbage grinder. All done with maximum, over-the-top bloodiness. The film is very well-directed, but as you might expect from a straight-to-DVD release, some of the acting could be better. What could not be better, however, is the presence of Henry Rollins playing a badass ex-Marine who goes all Rambo on the cannibals' collective asses.

Good stuff, heartily recommended for horror fans who like guts 'n' gore.

:lol: There's a 'Wrong Turn 2'?? The first one had that sexy girl from Buffy in it, hey? Elisha Dushku or whatever. Is she in the sequel? You think they'd have learnt their lesson after that first wrong turn. Tsk tsk.