What DVD's did you buy this week?

Dave

"Girls, Guns & G-Strings: The Andy Sidaris Collection"81eKe6cQDDL._SL1500_.jpgIf you watched late-night HBO or Cinemax in the late 80s/early 90s then you probably saw at least one of the late Andy Sidaris' low budget boobs-n-bullets action spectaculars. For the uninitiated, Sidaris' films followed this formula: cast a couple of Playboy Playmates or Penthouse Pets as FBI or DEA agents working in some exotic tropical locale, so they could wear bikinis while on duty, battling bad guys who were usually played by has-been TV actors like Erik Estrada or Pat Morita. None of the girls could act, and the stories and scripts were crap, but that was OK, because who needs a plot when girls are falling out of their bikinis or something is exploding every couple of minutes?

Anyway, this set features all 12 of Sidaris' T&A 'n' TNT classics like "Hard Ticket to Hawaii" and "Fit To Kill" on three double sided DVDs. An absolute steal for only five bucks.

As Homer Simpson would say, "sounds like gooooood watchin'."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Girls, Guns & G-Strings: The Andy Sidaris Collection"81eKe6cQDDL._SL1500_.jpgIf you watched late-night HBO or Cinemax in the late 80s/early 90s then you probably saw at least one of the late Andy Sidaris' low budget boobs-n-bullets action spectaculars. For the uninitiated, Sidaris' films followed this formula: cast a couple of Playboy Playmates or Penthouse Pets as FBI or DEA agents working in some exotic tropical locale, so they could wear bikinis while on duty, battling bad guys who were usually played by has-been TV actors like Erik Estrada or Pat Morita. None of the girls could act, and the stories and scripts were crap, but that was OK, because who needs a plot when girls are falling out of their bikinis or something is exploding every couple of minutes?

Anyway, this set features all 12 of Sidaris' T&A 'n' TNT classics like "Hard Ticket to Hawaii" and "Fit To Kill" on three double sided DVDs. An absolute steal for only five bucks.

As Homer Simpson would say, "sounds like gooooood watchin'."

Wow. As a big fan I want it badly. :D

Heh, I bought that Andy Sidaris collection last year at a Hastings but still haven't watched any of 'em.

Today I got a package full of cheesy horror in the mail:

Sorority House Massacre

Nightmare City

Street Trash

Syngenor

Das Komabrutale Duell (German splatter flick)

I also got the four-disc Dawn of the Dead "Ultimate Edition."

Heh, I bought that Andy Sidaris collection last year at a Hastings but still haven't watched any of 'em.

Today I got a package full of cheesy horror in the mail:

Sorority House Massacre

Nightmare City

Street Trash

Syngenor

Das Komabrutale Duell (German splatter flick)

I also got the four-disc Dawn of the Dead "Ultimate Edition."

I've already watched one of the Sidaris films - his debut, "Malibu Connection" and it was just as awful as I anticipated. :rofl2:

Nice pickup on that "Nightmare City." I love that flick, it's the most batshit insane Eurotrash grind house flick ever made!!

Just picked up some documentaries that look pretty cool:

Searching For Sugar Man

Man on Wire

The King of Kong

• 1 month later...

Latest DVD acquisitions...

The A-Team (Unrated Extended Cut)--despite plenty o' action, I was kind of bored by this...a "whatever" movie to me.

Law Abiding Citizen--a solid one-time watch that falls apart when the big "twist" is revealed. Implausable doesn't begin to cover it. Great court speech by Butler's character, though: "I'll bet you take it up the ass!"

• 2 weeks later...

austin-powers-in-goldmember_dvd-box-artboxart_160w.jpg

Thrift store pickup for a buck.

I rarely buy DVDs but lately I've decided to try to pick up a lot of the old western TV shows(they are pricey) and here is the start...

Big Valley - Season 1- 5 Discs

Laramie - Season 2- 6 Discs

Love the old westerns!

Big Valley

Bonanza

High Chaperal

The Rifleman

Plea for help here ... there are a few specific episodes of CSI and Quantum Leap I'd like to download onto my iPod, mostly for the kids to watch on holiday. I would quite happily pay for the episodes, but they aren't available in iTunes unfortunately. If I wanted to download a few episodes online, can anyone tell me how I'd go about it? Please PM me if you prefer that to replying here...

I rarely buy DVDs but lately I've decided to try to pick up a lot of the old western TV shows(they are pricey) and here is the start...

Big Valley - Season 1- 5 Discs

Laramie - Season 2- 6 Discs

Love the old westerns!

Big Valley

Bonanza

High Chaperal

The Rifleman

As well as

Gunsmoke

Maverick

Laredo

Rawhide

Wagon train

Two more from SwapaDVD:

Friday the 13th/Friday the 13th Part II (double feature, two films on one DVD)

The World is Not Enough (completes my collection of the Pierce Brosnan 007 flicks - now I need to get to work filling in the classics!)

Plea for help here ... there are a few specific episodes of CSI and Quantum Leap I'd like to download onto my iPod, mostly for the kids to watch on holiday. I would quite happily pay for the episodes, but they aren't available in iTunes unfortunately. If I wanted to download a few episodes online, can anyone tell me how I'd go about it? Please PM me if you prefer that to replying here...

Have you looked at Pirate Bay?I get alot of my downloads from there.

Two more from SwapaDVD::

51bG54PBUbL._AA160_.jpg

5141CS5N25L._SY300_.jpg

My James Bond collection continues to grow thanx to SwapaDVD:

51AXPSC214L._SY300_.jpg

"The Spy Who Loved Me" is my fave Roger Moore 007 flick. :beerbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some used movies at the record store today (buy 2 get a 3rd for a buck)

Just Friends

The Rocker

Detroit Rock City

Role Models

My Super Ex Girlfriend

Yes Man

$19.08