Warrant - 'Dog Eat Dog'

Which one is your favourite song from Warrant's 'Dog eat Dog'?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

warrant.jpg

What do you think guys. And please, feel free to tell me if you think this is a shit idea for a thread... but I've been thinking about this for a while. Maybe getting some classic albums and doing a poll for favourite songs, just to see what sort of stuff people like. I don't know, probably bores the shit out of everyone else, but I'll be interested to see how this goes.

This is personally in my top 5 albums of all time and I love every single track. Runners up were 'Quicksand', 'April 2031', 'Andy Warhol was right'... but for me the winner is: 'All my bridges are burning'. Perfect hard rock.

So what does everyone think?

All My Bridges are Burning.

'April 2031' for me. But I too love the whole thing (not a big fan of "Machine Gun", but afterwards its killer tunes all the way), so was a tough choice, but this track slightly edges "Andy Warhol..." & "Quicksand"...

warrant.jpg

What do you think guys. And please, feel free to tell me if you think this is a shit idea for a thread... but I've been thinking about this for a while. Maybe getting some classic albums and doing a poll for favourite songs, just to see what sort of stuff people like. I don't know, probably bores the shit out of everyone else, but I'll be interested to see how this goes.

This is personally in my top 5 albums of all time and I love every single track. Runners up were 'Quicksand', 'April 2031', 'Andy Warhol was right'... but for me the winner is: 'All my bridges are burning'. Perfect hard rock.

So what does everyone think?

Curse you Geoff! :P This is a tough one. Let me just say that this is Warrant at their peak. I went with Sad Theresa but there are so many good ones. Tough one...

JL

I always liked "Inside Out," probably Warrant's heaviest-ever track, and I always got a kick out of when Jani snarls "Get this mike outta my FUCKING face" at the fade out...

I love April 2031..........but......I totally love the WHOLE album too!!! :D

IMO, Warrant's best album. Chock full of great tunes. I voted for "Let It Rain", but just so many tunes on that album stand out. LIR is just my favorite, especially for sentimental reasons.

Without having to even think about it I picked "Sad Theresa". At a party in college I was talking to this cutie named Theresa and I asked her if she had ever heard this song. She hadn't and asked me to sing it for her, so I did. It was a great ice breaker and we sat and talked for a couple hours. I bumped into her a couple weeks later and she told me she had bought the cd and told me she will think of me singing to her whenever she hears the song. :wub: My apologies for the boring story to such a simple question. :P "Hole in the Wall" is a close second and Dog Eat Dog is my favorite Warrant cd.

I was expecting many more votes for ''Bitter Pill'', simply one of the best songs ever, the mad German choir part still makes me pump my fists. Although the frontrunner at this time in the poll ''All My Bridges Are Burning'' is another killer track. If there was a poll for Cherry Pie my vote would be for ''Mr. Rainmaker'', it's simple, but hair rock at its best.

I was expecting many more votes for ''Bitter Pill'', simply one of the best songs ever, the mad German choir part still makes me pump my fists. Although the frontrunner at this time in the poll ''All My Bridges Are Burning'' is another killer track. If there was a poll for Cherry Pie my vote would be for ''Mr. Rainmaker'', it's simple, but hair rock at its best.

"Bitter Pill" is great. The "dueling voices/speaker" part is great. But, through and through, DED is just a superb album. Cherry Pie is only slightly behind it, but Dog is still Warrant's finest work to date.

First off, great poll G. Second, great album!! I have always loved this one. I still listen to the DRFSR more but I am a traditionalist. I went with April 2031. Great song but so are the rest of them. A very solid album. :banger:

Hmm, a good mix of votes here. Two surprises: (1) That 'Quicksand' doesn't have more votes. (2) 'Andy warhol was right' doesn't have a single vote yet.

Lyrically the 2nd verse of 'Quicksand' is my favourite moment of the disc, and solo is one of the best I have ever heard, ever, in my entire life. :)

And yeah, lyrically 'Andy Warhol' (and musically too, in fact) is just superb. Defnately my 2nd and 3rd... oh, and of course 'April 2031' too. But yeah, to each their own. It's cool to see so many different opinions. :)

And agree, 'Bitter pill' is f*cking awesome... but as said, I love them all. 'Inside out' used to be my sole "go-to" song when I was pissed off. Love that tune too!

I agree with Geoff and hsf this album is a masterpiece, the best warrant album with very mature lyrics. I pick Andy warhol was right, more than a song a real masterpiece. bonfire,Bitter pill,April 2031 and all my bridges are great tracks as well. What a shame that warrant don't make others cd in this amazing style.

• 3 years later...
I agree with Geoff and hsf this album is a masterpiece, the best warrant album with very mature lyrics. I pick Andy warhol was right, more than a song a real masterpiece. bonfire,Bitter pill,April 2031 and all my bridges are great tracks as well. What a shame that warrant don't make others cd in this amazing style.

Not Warrant's best but still some good tunes. I'd have to go with Hollywood (So Far So Good).

I voted for Quicksand but every song on this is great. This is great album.

If I could change my vote I'd change it to the excellent ballad "Let It Rain", which has become one of my fav ballads of all time.

This album should of been huge IMO and they should of really pushed the new Warrant look and sound and great lyrical content of this release. A video for 'April 2031' and 'Andy Warhol Was Right' would of been amazing. But of course Soundgarden put out 'Black Hole Sun' two years later but Warrant could of beat them to the punch with 'April 2031'. The big problem was these bands were supposedly only singing about partying and getting laid but for the majority of this disc Warrant prove that to be untrue with the Jani turning in the best lyrics he's every wrote.

MACHINE GUN!! :headbanger:

I remember NOW & THEN RECORDS had a listening party with free pizza and a goody bag.

I remember a hot A&R chick came in and we did a questionaire about the album..

I even caught a free WARRANT t-shirt.

The goody bag had 3 c.d. singles in it.

WAR BABIES-BLUE TOMORROW

MANIC STREET PREACHERS-SLASH 'N' BURN

LOVE/HATE-HAPPY HOUR