Mariah, Manilla Thrills Now available on website

BrianJ8173

Hi all,

The reason I pick out Sam's lies is because I'm trying to compete with him in this industry. When he lies to bands about what he offers them (for example he has been known not to tell the bands that he CDR's the discs & he also tells them that he has major distribution throughout the world) and then lies in his ebay auction (for example he doesn’t mention that the CD's he is selling are in fact CDR's), in my opinion he must be accountable!! I am the FIRST person to congratulate Sam when he does something right, just have a look through the threads!! The reason people think "all I do is knit pick" is because the negatives out way the positives.

The fans probably don't care about this but you have to ask yourself why bands would go with Retrospect Records rather than any other record label releasing 80's type Hard Rock. NO DISTRIBUTION, NO ADVERTISING, NO PROMOTION, BLOCKING FANS FOR BUYING THE CD's (surely that's not fair for the band??) & THE WORST - NO SILVER PRESSING CD's. What is the attraction?? What do the bands see in Retrospect?? Plain and simple, Sam lies his butt off to suck them in and then deals with the consequences later.

So I suggest you guys see it from my side as well, I know a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that most people doesn’t. I also see it from the fans view point, they don't care who gets ripped off just as long as Retrospect keeps CDRing cool music and I must say, if I wasn't in the business I'm in, I myself would probably turn a blind eye to it all as well. Morally wrong but I'm getting what I want sort of thing.

Kind regards

Dave

I should also add that the shipping rate is a flat $3 no matter how many you buy. If you buy 2 it's $3 , if you buy 22 it's $3. Which is another reason why the prices for the cd's are where they are at , it offsets the shipping.

I think that is cool Sam. No problem with your shipping rates here. You need to track down the Reckless band and properly release "No Frills" on cd. That would be cool.

Must I really respond to David's posts?

"The reason I pick out Sam's lies is because I'm trying to compete with him in this industry."

And Failing miserably....

"When he lies to bands about what he offers them (for example he has been known not to tell the bands that he CDR's the discs & he also tells them that he has major distribution throughout the world)"

I DO have worldwide distro David. Get your facts right. And I ALWAYS tell the bands how I release the product....ALWAYS. None have been disappointed or surprised at the results. At least I don't lie about how many units I've sold LIKE YOU DO.

"and then lies in his ebay auction (for example he doesn’t mention that the CD's he is selling are in fact CDR's), in my opinion he must be accountable!!"

I've said this a million times David - I DO NOT cater to buyers who are concerned about what color a disc is. I only cater to music fans. If ANYONE is disappointed with the color of a disc then THEY KNOW THEY CAN RETURN IT FOR A REFUND. That has only happened twice in one year.

" I am the FIRST person to congratulate Sam when he does something right, just have a look through the threads!! The reason people think "all I do is knit pick" is because the negatives out way the positives."

In YOUR peabrain David. This is coming from somebody who signed bands like Sweet Teaze , Heaven's Wish , McMaster and a half-dozen other bands IN JANUARY and STILL hasn't released their product. I bet they are real happy with your business ethics David. Personally I think it's atrocious and you spend way too much time buying demo cassettes on ebay with your various ebay names and attempting to sign bands and NOT RELEASING ANY PRODUCT? WTF?

"The fans probably don't care about this but you have to ask yourself why bands would go with Retrospect Records rather than any other record label releasing 80's type Hard Rock. NO DISTRIBUTION, NO ADVERTISING, NO PROMOTION, BLOCKING FANS FOR BUYING THE CD's (surely that's not fair for the band??) & THE WORST - NO SILVER PRESSING CD's. What is the attraction?? What do the bands see in Retrospect?? Plain and simple, Sam lies his butt off to suck them in and then deals with the consequences later."

Again , over 120 bands are seeing royalties now that wouldn't have seen them otherwise...EVER, if it hadn't been for me initiating the deal. The only people I block are you and other morons from this site who have bashed me since day one. SCREW YOU - you will NEVER get Retrospect product. I WILL NOT whore myself out to the industry like you have David and the bands appreciate that. What do the bands see in Retrospect? Why don't you ask all 125 of them David? I know this much , they know they get product on the market within a month as opposed to 8 months from your company David.

I don't have to lie David , the bands know what they are getting FROM DAY ONE. And what about your B.S. of selling 8,000 units of Blue Tears David? You're full of piss and vinegar David and I hope more and more people on this site understand the pure envy that reeks from your fingertips. You are the ONLY one who just doesn't know when to shut up.

You are a joke David and slowly but surely your company is following suit.

Now concentrate on releasing your own product so your bands and customers don't have to wait ANOTHER 8 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to add that I recently picked up copies of Manilla Thrills & the first Mariah cd & both are excellent. Sam did a really good job with these all the way around...packaging, artwork, silver pressed...my only complaint (& it's not really a complaint, just my opinion) is that maybe a different song should have been the lead track on the Manilla Thrills cd...the first track is one of the weaker ones...the songs get better & better as you go! Can't wait to pick up the new Defcon :drink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.