RIO Borderland

Faust

A salesman proposes to me the 1st Rio at 50 €... Do you know if this album has well a day published out of CD, and especially do you know it soon will be republished ? Thank you in advance.

I think it may have been released as a CD in Japan looking at the picture provided with the entry on the HH CD listings area, although I have never come across it on CD.

It's a great album and it deserves a reissue but I have not heard any details of a forthcoming re-release on it.

BUT don't take just my word for it, some of the more clued up people on this site may be able to help a little more. :)

I think it may have been released as a CD in Japan looking at the picture provided with the entry on the HH CD listings area, although I have never come across it on CD.

It's a great album and it deserves a reissue but I have not  heard any details of a forthcoming re-release on it.

BUT don't take just my word for it, some of the more clued up people on this site may be able to help a little more.  :)

Ok Nick C Thank you... Yes great UK album (despite the singer ...). It seems me to have read somewhere that the 2 Rio will be republished...

It's a great album and it deserves a reissue but I have not  heard any details of a forthcoming re-release on it.

BUT don't take just my word for it, some of the more clued up people on this site may be able to help a little more.  :)

Ok Nick C Thank you... Yes great UK album (despite the singer ...). It seems me to have read somewhere that the 2 Rio will be republished...

Actually looking at the sleeve pic on the HH site it seems it may actually be an LP sleeve scan judging by the look of the OBI strip.

I hope it does get released...if you find out would you post it here?

Or if anyone else knows.

It seems that the first one was never officially published out of CD (the second one yes)... Perhaps in the form of bootleg but I am not sure. Difficult to have information on this band. Of course if I have more information I will post it here.

As far as I know, none of the two RIO albums are officially out on CD! Well, actually, the first one have been re-issued by Retrospect Records, so you might wanna get that one. I don't know if it's available anymore though (you can't order it through their website).

But I agree, "Borderland" is a great AOR album!

As far as I know, none of the two RIO albums are officially out on CD! Well, actually, the first one have been re-issued by Retrospect Records, so you might wanna get that one. I don't know if it's available anymore though (you can't order it through their website).

But I agree, "Borderland" is a great AOR album!

Thank you Kim_Hp for this precious information. :drink:

I have never seen the Rio stuff on CD before either. About time someone somewhere re-released these albums as they are both cracking albums, especially 'Borderland'.

• 3 years later...

If these are available on CD anywhere, I would LOVE to pick them both up too. Just heard 'Borderland' today and I was completely blown away by the first 3 songs. Got to hear the rest now, but what I've heard is close to as good as I've ever heard AOR done.

With the US dollar as it is I probably wouldn't buy, but just went to Retrospect now to check the prices... I am that impressed with this band and would LOVE to hear 'Sex Crimes'... but it isn't in stock. Have they both sold out?

I always thought that the Guys at Escape would pick up the 2 Rio discs and do one of their nice double Digi Packs like they did with the excellent Orphan, Sugarcreek and FM stuff, but not so far.

I always thought that the Guys at Escape would pick up the 2 Rio discs and do one of their nice double Digi Packs like they did with the excellent Orphan, Sugarcreek and FM stuff, but not so far.

escape, zoom & majestic & a few other labels made out their putting the rio albums out a few years back & I honestly can't see either label doing so. according to one label the rights aren't obtainable... :popcorn:

*clears throat* 'Sex Crimes'. Anyone? ;)

Only got 'em on Vinyl mate Sorry.

Yeah, I was fearing that may be the case based on some of y'all's comments. Thanks anyway. I can only echo what you gents are saying... that these NEED to be re-released. Or Retrospect NEED to re-stock. ;)