What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Just came home after been to a birthday party in sweden and the dj played: HEAVENS ON FIRE, BLACK NIGHT, THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, RUN TO THE HILLS, BLACK BETTY for a real strange reason but hell people freaked out and went bananas. SWEDISH DJ's RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was chocked and never thought this could go on a disco but again it was Sweden, enuff said.....

Also heard Carola Tommy tycker om mig and the legendary cult song contest DIGGI LOO DIGGI LEJ by the great HERREYS!!!!!

Just finished spinning the new NICKELBACK: "The Long Road" CD...pretty much the same modern melodic rock sound of their previous album ("Silver Side Up") but with slightly better songs.

Prior to that I checked out the new LIMP BIZKIT: "Results May Vary" CD, but I won't discuss that here, since I don't want to be crucified.

And lest anyone think I've abandoned my love for true melodic hard rock, I also gave PRETTY MAIDS: "Planet Panic" a spin in my stereo this morning, along with MILLION: "Detonator" & HOUSE OF LORDS: "Sahara."

Keep the faith.

Mark

Currently on heavy spinnin :

A perfect circle : 13th step (somebody mentioned crucifiction ? hehe)

Lizzy borden : best of (amazed at how good this actually is)

Dogs d'amour : Graveyard ... (wow - great if you like acoustic stuff)

Quireboys : A bit of ... (ouch - definite classic here)

Snakeskin Cowboys : Six ... - (thx danny, this roxx)

Currently listening to:

Mass - Best Ones

Black Sabbath - Forbidden (Tony Martin is the man!)

Twenty 4 Seven - Destination Everywhere (Corabi is also the man! :) )

Sangre Azul - Cuerpo a Cuerpo & El Silencio De La Noche

whiplash1972

HOUSE OF LORDS!!! "Sahara" (Kiss Of Fire, right now)

OMG!!! I've just recently ever even heard of HOL!!! This CD is just unbelievable!!! (What ELSE have I been missing??)

HOUSE OF LORDS!!! "Sahara" (Kiss Of Fire, right now)

OMG!!! I've just recently ever even heard of HOL!!! This CD is just unbelievable!!! (What ELSE have I been missing??)

It just gets better & better doesn't it?....Nice to see your amazement...Hahaha...If you dig the melodic/commercial hardrock in general you should also check out:

DARE - DRIVE SHE SAID - SHY - COLD SWEAT - TOUR DE FORCE

Well, they're some of the acts that have amazed me lately...

KEEP ON ROCKIN'!!! :banger:

DR. SHIVAGO- FIRST TREATMENT

CLEAVAGE (THE DEMOS)

TxBarryT- X's

Luv Hunter

Skagarack S/T

gross_11.gif

Hey Tim...What do U think 'bout the Skagarack debut???

I'm currently listening to FOOLIN' with KIX (Def Lep. cover)...

Right now it's "If U Would Only Be My Friend" From TALISMAN...Weird song...Hmmm...Nothing really tops their debut...

"I'm currently listening to FOOLIN' with KIX (Def Lep. cover)... "

Hey Scandi where did you get that? I just checked all my kix cds.

Oh yeah I was listening to Danger Danger ,4 the hard way earlier.

Not bad. I also gave a second chance to Dokken's Erase the slate, unforntunately it's not doing it for me, only one good song there ;Crazy mary goes round. I think this one is headed to e bay

Some CD's in rotation at the moment:

Icon: "Night of the crime" (fantastic album...and my first by Icon)

Mad Max: "Rollin' thunder" (pretty good german metal)

Leatherwolf: "S/T" (so far I like it better than "street ready")

Running Wild: "Black Hand Inn" (surprised I liked it...usually not my style but I really enjoy listening to this one)

Vandenberg: "Best of" (good)

Vandenberg: "Heading for a storm" (and this one too!)

CDs currently spinning at my house include:

Funny Money - Skin to Skin (What I've heard so far is good!)

Vertex - Vertex

The Darkness - Permission to Land

Bad Company - 10 from 6

whiplash1972

"I'm currently listening to FOOLIN' with KIX (Def Lep. cover)... "

Hey Scandi where did you get that? I just checked all my kix cds.

Oh yeah I was listening to Danger Danger ,4 the hard way earlier.

Not bad. I also gave a second chance to Dokken's Erase the slate, unforntunately it's not doing it for me, only one good song there ;Crazy mary goes round. I think this one is headed to e bay

Hey Jaybird...It was on a Def Lep. tribute CD...Can't really recall the title though...

The Def Leppard tribute cd is called LeppardMania. Here's a pic and some info if you need it:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage...ppardmania.html

I'm currently running through all the Pretty Maids CD's from Future World up to Planet Panic. These guys cover just about every style of Rock from the mellow ballady through the 80's style melodic metal and everything in between. Highly recommended tunage here!!! drink.gif

fantastisch_01.gif

I´m listening to Michael Schenker Group - Reactivated Live.

Too funny! I just heard some snippits of the Coastline CD the other day and was going to look into getting it. Very Impressive CD :drink:

I'm currently running through all the Pretty Maids CD's from Future World up to Planet Panic. These guys cover just about every style of Rock from the mellow ballady through the 80's style melodic metal and everything in between. Highly recommended tunage here!!! drink.gif

fantastisch_01.gif

I've been hearing a lot about Pretty Maids lately.......but no ideas of where to find samples. Do you know of any?

Txs! ;)

I can't find any clips but here is a short biography.

Danish hard rock band the Pretty Maids was formed in 1981 by singer Ronnie Atkins and guitarist Ken Hammer; adding guitarist Pete Collins, bassist John Darrow and drummer Phil More, the group recorded a demo which earned them a contract with the British label Bullet, resulting in the 1983 release of their self-titled debut EP. That same year the Pretty Maids supported Black Sabbath on their tour of Scandinavia, and after replacing Collins with guitarist Ricky Hansson and Darrow with bassist Allan Delong, the band entered the studio to record their first LP for new label CBS, 1984's Red, Hot and Heavy. Hansson's tenure proved short-lived, however, and Collins returned to the line-up for a tour lasting through 1985; two years later, the Pretty Maids resurfaced with Future World. While recording the follow-up, drummer More was severely injured in a car crash, and the resulting LP Jump the Gun did not appear until 1990; by the end of the year a series of defections reduced the roster to the original duo of Atkins and Hammer, who recruited bassist Kenn Jackson and drummer Michael Fast to cut 1992's Sin-Decade, scoring a major hit in Europe and Japan with the single "Please Don't Leave Me." An acoustic effort, Stripped, appeared in 1993, followed a year later by Scream; in 1995, the Pretty Maids also issued their first official live record, Screamin' Live. Subsequent releases include 1997's Spooked and 1999's Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing. ~ Jason Ankeny, All Music Guide