All-Time Fave Canadian band (2 albums + to qualify)

Which of these is your favorite Canadian band?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where is Sven Gali?!?!?!

oh the pain, the pain!!

Yeah and where are that famous band 'God Made Me Funky' I want to know??

The pain, the pain indeed mate - Were talking some classic Canadian bands here. Sven Gali released one very average disc, followed by a completely awful steaming pile of shite 2nd disc. They should bow at the boots of all these bands IMO. Check some of these band out instead of ruining your ear drums ;)

Backed 1000%. Even the stupidly over-hyped Sven Gali debut was stunningly average & bargain-bin material, & the second album was a waste of time. They are not in the list above for the simple reason that they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as bands like Honeymoon Suite/Harem Scarem/Boulevard etc....

where is Sven Gali?!?!?!

oh the pain, the pain!!

The pain, the pain indeed mate - Were talking some classic Canadian bands here. Sven Gali released one very average disc, followed by a completely awful steaming pile of shite 2nd disc. They should bow at the boots of all these bands IMO. Check some of these band out instead of ruining your ear drums ;)

Backed 1000%. Even the stupidly over-hyped Sven Gali debut was stunningly average & bargain-bin material, & the second album was a waste of time. They are not in the list above for the simple reason that they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as bands like Honeymoon Suite/Harem Scarem/Boulevard etc....

Backed......I own the sven gali disc but havent played in say 15 years or whatever. :whistle:

alas with the great exception of anvil and exciter my favorite canadian bands don't "gualify" for here(well i'm not so big fan of hanker although they have some great trax also)....what kind of racism is this one? :lol: quality over quantity......

where is Sven Gali?!?!?!

oh the pain, the pain!!

Sven Gali's debut single-handedly crushes anything from any of these bands:

Loverboy (despite the great 'Just getting started')

Triumph (despite the great 'Surveilance' and 1992 release)

Rush

Streetheart

Santers

Haywire (despite a couple of good songs on 'Get off')

Refugee

Helix (despite some pretty cool hard rock discs)

April Wine

Toronto

Headpins

Boulevard (despite some pretty nice AOR from these kids)

Coney Hatch

Saga

Kick Axe (despite a couple of pretty good discs)

Chilliwack

:rofl2:

and again

:rofl2:

What a frickin' clown.

• 2 months later...
where is Sven Gali?!?!?!

oh the pain, the pain!!

And Honeymoon Suite wasnt even mentioned? Im not sure how you could pass them up or overlook or forget them? Crazy Shit!

Three words for you:

Max Webster.

Good to see HS leading this poll and deservedly so.

Shocking tho that Boulevard picked up only 2 votes despite releasing one of THE great AOR albums. Def top 10 AOR album for me

Rush for me. Not even in the same ballpark as the others. All one had to do is watch the Snakes and Arrows tour to see that they are still miles ahead of the others. On another note, I would like to add that my favorite Canadian film maker is David Cronenberg. (Sorry, had to throw that in there, I am a huge film geek)

Three words for you:

Max Webster.

Man. Can't believe I never noticed Kim Mitchell's absence from the list.

Backed 100% - Serious oversight missing out Max Webster and His brilliant Solo stuff.

Canada probably has the best selection of melodic rock bands in the world? Would you agree or is that a wild statement?

Alias is my favourite as I loved their debut when it came out.

From the list above my picks are:

1. Harem Scarem

2. Killer Dwarfs

3. Boulevard

4. Brighton Rock

5. Refugee

6. Loverboy

A couple bands that never had 2 cd's but great single releases were, Big House, and White Heat, and speaking of white, arent White Wolf from Canada? they had two releases, and how come Emerald Rain didnt make this list, as well as Honeymoon Suite?

I voted for KILLER DWARFS :beerbang:

Ain't anyone out there got any love for the QUEEN CITY KIDS?

Im Still trying to hear them, you listed them in another post, with the mighty New York, so ive been looking around trying to find a sample of them. no luck.

• 1 year later...