Best Sophomore Album

Same bands as before...best sophomore album?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

High N Dry, no contest... it was a quantum leap forward for them in terms of quality, and it's still their all around hardest rockin' CD

I went with Warrant because "Cherry Pie" improved upon a nice debut by leaps and bounds. As much as "Dog Eat Dog" improved on "Cherry Pie", "Cherry Pie" did upon "DRFSR". The overall improvement in the 3 album progression was just superb. So, it wasn't much of a difficult choice to me, as others had.

Compared to the debut, Dokken's 'Tooth and nail' is the runaway winner here, but based on album alone 'Cherry Pie' got my vote. Awesome album... just brilliant stuff. Even though I like 'DRFSR' almost as much. :)

I can't really vote as have only got the WARRANT - Cherry Pie album. However if I'd owned even one of the other albums in the list then I wouldve voted for whatever that was, ahead of WARRANT.

• 11 months later...

This is really really hard! I could have gone with any of them!

But....I went with Motley Crue "Shout At The Devil"!

Warrant just in front of Def Leppard.

Cinderella would have been a good inclusion here.

Night Songs was a great debut and that was followed by the masterpiece Long Cold Winter which was followed by IMO a dud in Heartbreak Station then a fair release in Still Climbing

• 1 year later...

Dokken Ratt Leppard Dokken Ratt Leppard Dokken Leppard Dokken Leppard mmf........ my fav band of all times Dokken (Into the Fire with the solo of Lynch buffff...) sorry Leppard, but (Switch 625) is my fav instrumental rock of all times long life to the Immortal Steve Clark.

Def Leppard - High N Dry

A great album, this is the album that caught my attention around the mid 80`s. :bowdown:

Another one I`ll probably add to my want list and buy ...again! :tumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Why no love in this thread for Warrant??

Not only does Cherry Pie absolutely slaughter the debut, it is a brilliant album with virtually no filler. Also contains some of my fav tunes like 'I Saw Red', 'Blind Faith', 'Mr Rainmaker', 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'....excellent album!

For the record tho the best sophomore release I can think of is Harem Scarem's Mood Swings.

I had an answer to that, but I suspect only I would find it funny...

Another band I don't get at all. Yeah, the sound they make is bearable, but the songs? Nothing special at all imo.

Actually i personally think there's too much love for Warrant compared to what i think it deserves:Cherry Pie is second only to High'n'Dry in number of votes, and at equality with Shout At The Devil;imo, it doesn't deserve such a privilege; and no way in hell is it better than Tooth & Nail or Open Up...at least,imo...

Actually i personally think there's too much love for Warrant compared to what i think it deserves:Cherry Pie is second only to High'n'Dry in number of votes, and at equality with Shout At The Devil;imo, it doesn't deserve such a privilege; and no way in hell is it better than Tooth & Nail or Open Up...at least,imo...

Tooth and Nail is a good rocking album but doesnt really have the hooks.

People might not like Warrant that much but the truth is that Cherry Pie has amazing hooks in those songs and it was light years ahead of the debut...at least, imo :-))

People might not like Warrant that much but the truth is that Cherry Pie has amazing hooks in those songs and it was light years ahead of the debut...at least, imo :-))

I can agree that Cherry Pie is better than the debut; nevertheless, Warrant is in my opinion a lesser band than the other bands included in the list.

I can agree that Cherry Pie is better than the debut; nevertheless, Warrant is in my opinion a lesser band than the other bands included in the list.

Funny! Warrant was my favourite of all those bands on the list.

The debut DRFSR is good, yet overrated. Cherry Pie, other than the lame title track was brilliant, Dog Eat Dog killed!!! One of the most underrated/under appreciated releases in the genre, amazing stuff. I even liked Ultraphobic to a certain degree it had some great songs. They lost me with Belly To Belly but for concidering the time period in which it was released it actually wasn't that bad.