Wounded Bird Records

Nostromo

Exactly like I said on the Wikkid thread. Guess what, people quit posting, and it died. From what I can tell, people on this board don't really seem to want you here 80s. You've offered nothing but insults and your wonderfully gifted pottymouth and delusional form of reasoning. I personally think you should just get the hell of this message board or even banned. If indeed Sam doesn't want to come here himself because he feels like it's too childish for him (thats funny) then that's fine by us as well because reading his posts were almost as directionless as yours. Neither of you could keep your own facts straight, even when you were quoted time and time again. If anything, you're costing Retrospect sales, credibility, and possible future clientele. I know for a fact, if I owned a business and you were speaking for me and shooting off your mouth, I'd have fired you a long time ago, but as narrow minded as Sam is, he doesn't see the bigger picture

:gives:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point proven once again :screwy: You truly are the Idiot Supreme

Exactly like I said on the Wikkid thread. Guess what, people quit posting, and it died. From what I can tell, people on this board don't really seem to want you here 80s. You've offered nothing but insults and your wonderfully gifted pottymouth and delusional form of reasoning. I personally think you should just get the hell of this message board or even banned. If indeed Sam doesn't want to come here himself because he feels like it's too childish for him (thats funny) then that's fine by us as well because reading his posts were almost as directionless as yours. Neither of you could keep your own facts straight, even when you were quoted time and time again. If anything, you're costing Retrospect sales, credibility, and possible future clientele. I know for a fact, if I owned a business and you were speaking for me and shooting off your mouth, I'd have fired you a long time ago, but as narrow minded as Sam is, he doesn't see the bigger picture

No offense T-BONE, since I normally agree with you on many things, but please don't speak for "us" or "most people." While I disagree with 80sMetalCollector's method of presentation and manner of communication, he has every right to post it. Do I think the debate would far more constructive if there was a more professional tone? Yes, and that goes for other folks as well.

However, I'm not about to police it. I set the ground rules that anything goes here, so I'll stick by that. I don't understand how it's in Retrospect's best interestes to take that tone, but that's their decision.

And no one's getting banneed ;) for anything said here either.

-Dan

Point taken, I was speaking generally ;) Retrospect will still have sales with or without 80s "help" here on this message board, that's a given.... So why does he continue to stay and throw out curse filled ramblings at anyone who doesn't bow down to Sam? Why can't he just quit posting about them and try to fit in elsewhere on the board where it's more fun and laid back? To me, the reason is obvious...

Point taken, I was speaking generally  ;)  Retrospect will still have sales with or without 80s "help" here on this message board, that's a given.... So why does he continue to stay and throw out curse filled ramblings at anyone who doesn't bow down to Sam? Why can't he just quit posting about them and try to fit in elsewhere on the board where it's more fun and laid back? To me, the reason is obvious...

It's not about 'bowing down' to Sam. The same 6 people are going to hate him and Retrospect forever. It's about getting facts right and setting right the wrong assumptions. Some people are too bull-headed to figure that out.

Set your own facts straight before trying to improve on ours :loser: You're the one who continually changes his story and forgets what he says as he contradicts himself 3 posts later. People who don't lie have alot less to remember

You have no idea what it wil...or will not achieve. It's pure speculation on your part...and everyone else who is a detractor and feigns at calling to discuss their problems. At least he's willing to be 'man' enough to discuss it in person. Until then.......I guess you guys can use the message boards like high schoolers to do the name calling......

It's really that simple.....

Dude, what you talking about? Since day one Sam has been selling Greek and Russian (and I mean NOT the licensed stuff) bootlegs on eBay - you call this my problem? What's there left to discuss about it, since EVERY time I post list here he flip-flop around it pointing fingers, or stating jokes like "how do I sell bootlegs since I have pristine feedback", or "it has barcode, so it is not bootleg", or "I'm not SELLING it, I'm AUCTIONING it, there's a difference" - ALL those are exact citations of his OWN words!... What's left to discuss abut this? It's an everlasting joke! Can't you see it?! Dont you feel at least a little shame of defending a bootleg seller which never let it go?

I know what Sam wants and I'm not going to cut a deal with him or anything, so manly, girly, or whatever you call it, its equally childish, even not worse to blame me for not calling him.

If he is willing to be a MAN, told him to stop selling the bloody bootlegs! Talking does not achieve anything, ACTION DOES! It's that simple

My point was....and still is.....that if you're going to get into heated exchanges over something you feel so passionately about, then why not handle it in person rather than on internet message boards like children?? Hence, call 'em up and discuss it....he was willing....

And....as much as your point about him selling bootlegs in his auctions is a horrible thing, there ARE REAL bands on RETROSPECT roster trying to make a buck from their sales. So...don't forget that all of this crap played out in the public affects them....unknowingly....

If Koogs...and those who are so vehement against...SAM...need to continue their argument...then take it to private discourse for Christ's sake....there are some great people involved here that do not deserve the bad rap because Sam says nasty things in emails or one of his cohorts does...or sells boots....or whatever in his Vegascds auctions. I haven't seen anyone put forth ONE good argument against Retrospect other than he has some cdr reissues on his label.....big fuckin' deal. The whole "you emailed me this...and that"...it's so old...and played out.

It amazes me the children we have on this message board.........I guess that's what the internet allows nowadays, for all of you to act like you're 14.....

Must be a midlife crisis thing....

:soapbox:

Sorry Jim, but this argument all started when Sam first came here and after he left, his attack poodle showed up to continue the fight. Things were pretty good around here for quite a while after Sam left and before 80s showed up. We had debated about things, but they were carried on in good faith and without the "F" insults. I'll admit that I argued with an idiot and he dragged me down to his level with his years of experience ;)

As I showed him in the Wikkid thread, when you walk away and leave it be, it will more than likely fade away. Let's see if he understands this yet.....

:drink:

Sorry man, but I honestly believe I never said bad word for any band on Sam's rooster. I even went so far of congratulating him (and Manila Thrils) on the proper silverback release in David's thread.

We have a proverb in my country which says "one drop of tar will spoil the whole honey jar", so as long as Sam sells booties mixed with his official releases, ALL bands will suffer because of this. and it is not in my power to change this, nor in yours or anyone elses, but solely in Sam's...

I dont know about midlife crisis, but boy, I wish I was 14 again! :)

Set your own facts straight before trying to improve on ours  :loser:  You're the one who continually changes his story and forgets what he says as he contradicts himself 3 posts later. People who don't lie have alot less to remember

Where are the contradictions? When do I ever change the story? Show me one example.

Set your own facts straight before trying to improve on ours  :loser:  You're the one who continually changes his story and forgets what he says as he contradicts himself 3 posts later. People who don't lie have alot less to remember

Where are the contradictions? When do I ever change the story? Show me one example.

Oh boy... you want contradictions? I could write a contra-DICTIONARY of all the examples from you, Self-Aggrandizing Moron (that's SAM for short). Where do we begin... so many Retrospect-related contradictions, so little time.

Okay, here's CONTRADICTION #1

Jan 21 2006 to Dave of Sun City Records:

"Your piddly-ass $4 per disc (royalty) is a joke and will lose you a contract every time"

Well, I did some research and learned that the band Fire Dept. was offered $2.50 a disc for a Retrospect re-issue of their CD. (And they declined, by the way.)

CONTRADICTION #2

Jan 20 2006 to Kevin of Kidd Wikkid:

"I will personally recommend to Sam that he should re-issue Kidd Wikkid with or without your permission Wikkid1"

and just a day BEFORE you said:

"To even suggest that he would bootleg Kid Wikkid's album without their knowledge is just insane."

On to CONTRADICTION #3:

Jan 19 2006 to Dan of HH:

"Defcon and the other bands are seeing a nice cut of $15-$18"

Meanwhile, back on planet earth, Defcon sells for $17.99 on Retrospect's site. How can they get $18 if the CD itself only sells for $17.99???

CONTRADICTION #4:

Nov 29 to Nostromo:

"If you are anal about having silver cd's then shame on you for not supporting the bands - it is always the music that counts , not the packaging."

Silver-backed CDs ARE, in most cases, the real things. Assuming the correct royalty mechanisms are in place, how can you NOT support the band by buying their silver-pressed CDs? Legitimizing green-tinted copies is giving CD burning the validity it DOESN'T deserve and it's the fastest and most effective way to NOT support the band/label/industry.

I could go on....

"Jan 21 2006 to Dave of Sun City Records:

"Your piddly-ass $4 per disc (royalty) is a joke and will lose you a contract every time"

Well, I did some research and learned that the band Fire Dept. was offered $2.50 a disc for a Retrospect re-issue of their CD. (And they declined, by the way.)"

OK , this is moronic statement by Tony #1 - Fire Dept were offered 70% royalties for the release of Fire Dept. The deal is still in limbo. If anything RETROSPECT declined because Fire Dept wanted an advance. YET AGAIN , the canadian has it wrong and always thinks he's 'in the know' , just like when he was spouting off that Sam owned a factory in Russia. WTF? IDIOT.

"CONTRADICTION #2

"I will personally recommend to Sam that he should re-issue Kidd Wikkid with or without your permission Wikkid1"

"To even suggest that he would bootleg Kid Wikkid's album without their knowledge is just insane."

You guys were being such pricks , as usual , that was a statement made by ME and not Sam ACTUALLY bootlegging KW's album. So yet again you are WRONG.

"On to CONTRADICTION #3:

Meanwhile, back on planet earth, Defcon sells for $17.99 on Retrospect's site. How can they get $18 if the CD itself only sells for $17.99??? "

When Defcon continually sells for $25-$35 on ebay Defcon ARE seeing that kind of cut. So yet again you are WRONG - seems like a running theme here hey dickhead?

"CONTRADICTION #4:

Nov 29 to Nostromo:

"If you are anal about having silver cd's then shame on you for not supporting the bands - it is always the music that counts , not the packaging."

Silver-backed CDs ARE, in most cases, the real things. Assuming the correct royalty mechanisms are in place, how can you NOT support the band by buying their silver-pressed CDs? Legitimizing green-tinted copies is giving CD burning the validity it DOESN'T deserve and it's the fastest and most effective way to NOT support the band/label/industry. "

That's YOUR opinion , NOT a contradiction dumbass.

Man , you're batting 1000 for being just a plain jealous jerk-off.

Keep trying Tony , I'm still waiting for a contradiction , or coming from you it would be a contraDICKtion.

Want to try again?

80smetalcollector,

Dude why dont you just drop the HH board? If business is booming, you have no need to be here wasting time with this...

Why keep trying to justify and explain everything? Nobody on either side of the fence is going to budge, so why try?

"Jan 21 2006 to Dave of Sun City Records:

Well, I did some research and learned that the band Fire Dept. was offered $2.50 a disc for a Retrospect re-issue of their CD. (And they declined, by the way.)"

OK , this is moronic statement by Tony #1 - Fire Dept were offered 70% royalties for the release of Fire Dept.  The deal is still in limbo.  If anything RETROSPECT declined because Fire Dept wanted an advance.  YET AGAIN , the canadian has it wrong and always thinks he's 'in the know' , just like when he was spouting off that Sam owned a factory in Russia.  WTF?  IDIOT. 

"CONTRADICTION #2

You guys were being such pricks , as usual , that was a statement made by ME and not Sam ACTUALLY bootlegging KW's album.  So yet again you are WRONG. 

"On to CONTRADICTION #3:

Meanwhile, back on planet earth, Defcon sells for $17.99 on Retrospect's site. How can they get $18 if the CD itself only sells for $17.99??? "

When Defcon continually sells for $25-$35 on ebay Defcon ARE seeing that kind of cut.  So yet again you are WRONG - seems like a running theme here hey dickhead?

"CONTRADICTION #4:

Nov 29 to Nostromo:

Silver-backed CDs ARE, in most cases, the real things. Assuming the correct royalty mechanisms are in place, how can you NOT support the band by buying their silver-pressed CDs? Legitimizing green-tinted copies is giving CD burning the validity it DOESN'T deserve and it's the fastest and most effective way to NOT support the band/label/industry. "

That's YOUR opinion , NOT a contradiction dumbass. 

Man , you're batting 1000 for being just a plain jealous jerk-off.

Keep trying Tony , I'm still waiting for a contradiction , or coming from you it would be a contraDICKtion.

Want to try again?

You seem to have a fascination with shit and dicks. I will get my 3 old to join the board and you could have some lovely conversations. He also likes to talk about farts, butts, pipi and caca. :loser:

One Question - Of my $18 dollars I paid for the Defcon - How much went to the band???? Nothing?????. So you are saying the band only makes a cut when you trade them on Ebay at an avearge $25-35 (no guarantee of them reaching that price either unless it's a buy it now item) and not when people buy it directly from the Retrospect site. Decidedly odd.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.