Song of the Day

66 mustang

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, Stefan said:

This was probably the first band I saw live (1987). One of my favourite Finnish album releases ever. Released in 1987.

Nice one mate. Which is more than I can say about your new font. I have to enlarge my screen to read that shit... and I use a tablet! Great song though. I'll have to hunt them down.

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Is it wrong to be still rocking out to this in the csr at 45 years of age?

I still feel about 17 mentally, so I guess it's okay.

Agreed,you're only as young as you feel,I too was 17 when this was released and still feel the same when I listen back to this(and most other releases from that era) classic fist in the air anthem :)

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Is it wrong to be still rocking out to this in the csr at 45 years of age?

I still feel about 17 mentally, so I guess it's okay.

Nope. Everyone needs to rock out every so often.

You always looked like an idiot when you did so in your car.

Just look like more of an idiot now,.

But the bonus is that you likely care what people think  a lot less than you did 30 years ago.

• 2023 Gold Donors
19 hours ago, lettard said:

Agreed,you're only as young as you feel,I too was 17 when this was released and still feel the same when I listen back to this(and most other releases from that era) classic fist in the air anthem :)

17 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Nope. Everyone needs to rock out every so often.

You always looked like an idiot when you did so in your car.

Just look like more of an idiot now,.

But the bonus is that you likely care what people think  a lot less than you did 30 years ago.

Ha! Thanks guys and you're right. Zero care factor. I consider myself a "DILLIGAF" kinda guy.

11 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Ha! Thanks guys and you're right. Zero care factor. I consider myself a "DILLIGAF" kinda guy.

Yeah Ive never really cared what people thought and as Ive got older even less so :banger: 

• 2023 Gold Donors

(Songs) of the day, again. I love how the first song truly captures the feeling of love between Arthur and Guinevere.. A beautiful duet ballad filled with emotion and passion. The same amount of emotion and passion is invoked in the second song, but this time it's about Arthur finding out that Guinevere is banging his best mate. Gary Hughes at his best.

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Not a bad song. First time I think I've heard a didgeridoo in a hard rock song.

They are Australian. I like how it sounds with the song

I hate it.

Listen to some Yothu Yindi (which we bombarded with for years), or attend any Aussie event (sporting or otherwise) which is trying to be inclusive and multicultural and you'll get your fair share of that droning rubbish.

I guess I'm a bit biased though :)

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I hate it.

Listen to some Yothu Yindi (which we bombarded with for years), or attend any Aussie event (sporting or otherwise) which is trying to be inclusive and multicultural and you'll get your fair share of that droning rubbish.

I guess I'm a bit biased though :)

C'mon mate. You can't say you don't love this track. That would be "un Australian". Great "didge" intro.

• 2023 Gold Donors

It's great to see the recent resurgence of "Foriegner" with Kelly Hansen at the helm. I absolutely love Kelly , but in this case he is standing on the shoulder of a giant. One of the greatest voices ever.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I absolutely love Sebastian Bach. IMO he is the epitome of Sleaze Rock. The best Sleaze vocalist ever and his stage presence is impressive also. This great live clip really emphasizes that.

Having said that, the more I see of him recently, it seems that he's getting very close to Gene Simmons's "Douchbaggery" territory. Still love the guy though.

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Plenty of Hard Rockers have dabbled in the Blues. None have ever come close to Gary  Moore when making that transition. I could listen to this guy play all day. Still missed.

This is what Aviator did, after releasing the best AOR lp ever. B)