Poll: Best Y & T Album

Which do you think is the best Y & T Album Ever?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jeez FINALLY getting into Y&T after all these years I can finally vote. I went with Down For The Count by far their most melodic and best produced disc pre Contagious....then comes....

In Rock We Trust

Black Tiger

Contagious

Mean Streak

Ten

...Earthshaker should be in my collection after today so I can't comment on that one yet.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez FINALLY getting into Y&T after all these years I can finally vote. I went with Down For The Count by far their most melodic and best produced disc pre Contagious....then comes....

In Rock We Trust

Black Tiger

Contagious

Mean Streak

Ten

...Earthshaker should be in my collection after today so I can't comment on that one yet.

If you like Black Tiger and Meanstreak then you'll like Earthshaker IMO.

Those 3 are one hell of a trilogy of early 80's hard rock/metal.

In Rock We Trust

Black Tiger

Contagious

Mean Streak

Ten

That's what I'm gathering from all the comments.

In Rock We Trust

Black Tiger

Contagious

Mean Streak

Ten

My sister had a cassette with Kiss Crazy Nights on one side and Y&T Contagious on the other and although I was a huge Kiss fan I flipped that tape over and fell hard for Y&T and then went back and bought everything I could find of theirs on cassette. One I used to play often was the Best of 81-85 that had all of their top songs from Earthshaker through Down for the Count. Another great one if you don't have it yet is the Yesterday and Today Live disc. They sound amazing on that one. The Endangered Species disc is solid too as is the Unearthed Vol I & II.

In Rock We Trust

Black Tiger

Contagious

Mean Streak

Ten

My sister had a cassette with Kiss Crazy Nights on one side and Y&T Contagious on the other and although I was a huge Kiss fan I flipped that tape over and fell hard for Y&T and then went back and bought everything I could find of theirs on cassette. One I used to play often was the Best of 81-85 that had all of their top songs from Earthshaker through Down for the Count. Another great one if you don't have it yet is the Yesterday and Today Live disc. They sound amazing on that one. The Endangered Species disc is solid too as is the Unearthed Vol I & II.

Yes, I've had the Best of 81-85 for a long time maybe that's why it took me so long to get into Y&T because IMO those are no where near their best songs except for Mean Streak, Hurricane, and Lipstick and Leather.

In Rock We Trust

Black Tiger

Contagious

Mean Streak

Ten

Yes, I've had the Best of 81-85 for a long time maybe that's why it took me so long to get into Y&T because IMO those are no where near their best songs except for Mean Streak, Hurricane, and Lipstick and Leather.

They did leave some goodies off of that release for sure but IMO anyway every song on that collection is awesome.

their first 2, which i love, are missing from the pole.

I believe that topic is discussed back on page one or two of this thread.

They do sound like a different band on those two although there are a few awesome tracks those two pale in comparison to what came later IMHO.

They do sound like a different band on those two although there are a few awesome tracks those two pale in comparison to what came later IMHO.

ok,bro. actually, i love them, but surely, they're not my favorite ones. although,these days if i'm gonna spin something from them this would be the live on the friday rock show

ok,bro. actually, i love them, but surely, they're not my favorite ones. although,these days if i'm gonna spin something from them this would be the live on the friday rock show

Their debut album does have some cool tunes I really dig 25 Hours A Day and Beautiful Dreamer. I haven't heard anything off of Struck Down.

Their debut album does have some cool tunes I really dig 25 Hours A Day and Beautiful Dreamer. I haven't heard anything off of Struck Down.

The song Struck Down is awesome especially the live version on Yesterday and Today live release.

In Rock We Trust

Black Tiger

Contagious

Mean Streak

Ten

OK after hearing Earthshaker last night I must change my faves around...WOW what a great disc.

Down For The Count

Earthshaker

In Rock We Trust

Black Tiger

Contagious

Mean Streak

Ten

• 3 months later...

Contagious rocks, 'Temptation', 'Fight For You Life' and 'Armed and Dangerous' are fanastic. Those songs aren't quite as good as 'Rescue Me', but overall I think the album is a lot more consistent than 'Earthshaker'. (I also love 'I Believe In You' and 'Dirty Girl' isn't bad, but there's nothing else on Earthshaker I'd play again.)

I can't fight this...

Had to go with Contagious, seeing how it's the only album I have by them so far.

You need to change that right now.

Anything they've done is worth owning but especially everything from 1981(Earthshaker) up to 1990(Ten). The two Unearthed discs from a few years ago are quality to. There is a best of Y&T out there that has many of the old tunes that you could try out before buying more discs.

• 2 years later...

Contagious is my favorite, but the 4 straight from In Rock We Trust to Ten are all awesome!

• 2 months later...

I had to go with In Rock We Trust as it's the album that got me into Y&T in the first place :)