Poll: Best Y & T Album

Which do you think is the best Y & T Album Ever?  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My 4 favourite Y & T songs are 'This time', 'Come in from the rain', 'Don't be afraid of the dark' and 'She's gone'.

But I voted for 'Contagious' as it's the most consistent album and I believe there are only one or 2 fillers and a whole bunch of gems. Killer disc.

Cheers,

Geoff

What filler????

'The kid goes crazy' and also not a huge fan of 'LA Rocks', but it's okay. :)

:blink: What? Jez,I thought you were going to say the last song :anon:

Slightly humerous story actually... I'm not a fan of instrumentals at all - bore me to shit, but I love this one and even used to put it on best of compilations because I loved it so much. Great track, IMO... and if even the instrumental is great you must be onto a winner of an album!

... Okay, so it wasn't humerous at all, but who'd have known from the outset?

Cheers,

Geoff

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to go with Earthshaker as that still gets played at least once a month or so even after all this time.....Plus apart from Open Fire it's the only one I still own! Shouldn't have sold the ones I did!!! :crying:

Earthshaker is a monster Cd every track is awesome. Black Tiger is awesome (except Barroom Boogie), Meanstrak I hated, In Rock is great.

Classic albums from a classic band.

I also like Ten, Contagious and the Unearthed Demos. :banana:

Meanstrak I hated

Not trying to start an argument, just curious as to why you hated that one. It was my introduction to Y&T so it's got a lot of nostalgia for me, but even without that I thought it kicked :butt:

Like I said just curious, not calling you out or anything. :D

Meanstrak I hated

Not trying to start an argument, just curious as to why you hated that one. It was my introduction to Y&T so it's got a lot of nostalgia for me, but even without that I thought it kicked :butt:

Like I said just curious, not calling you out or anything. :D

I agree. This was ny intro to Y & T and I always thought it was better than the first two. Seems to have more of an edge.

Just my .02

JL

I had to go with In Rock We Trust with Black Tiger and Earthshaker coming in a close second and third. I like their older stuff better than their newer stuff but is all good.

Meanstreak for me with Earthshaker a close 2nd.

Black Tiger has two of their best songs in "Open Fire" & "Forever", but not as complete a release as the above 2 IMO.

The newer stuff got way too commercialized, mainstream, radio-friendly, etc. for my taste...

Curious why you left their first two(S/T & Struck Down) releases off the voting list JL - (?)

Meanstreak for me with Earthshaker a close 2nd.

Black Tiger has two of their best songs in "Open Fire" & "Forever", but not as complete a release as the above 2 IMO.

The newer stuff got way too commercialized, mainstream, radio-friendly, etc. for my taste...

Curious why you left their first two(S/T & Struck Down) releases off the voting list JL - (?)

I was waiting for someone to ask that. The first two almost sound like a different band to me. I could have put them on here but they would not have been voted for too much I would guess. I do like the song alcohol though:)

JL

• 1 month later...

how the F! is contageous winning? What a pile of shite.

Sure the song is good, but other than that bon jovi ripoff tune what else? Fight for Your Life is average filler and the second best song on the album IMO. I guess I'll spin it again.

Ten is good but beside Hard Times and the awesome Dont Be Afraid o fthe Dark I don't care for much else. She's Gone is just awful, sorry. I gotta go with their earlier stuff.

It was tough, yes indeed. The early albums are great. I would probably change my pick to Earthshaker or Mean Streak or Black Tiger on any given day, but I find myself listening to 'In Rock we Trust" more often than not.

Because you know, Rock n rolls gonna save the world goddammit.

• 1 month later...

Man I wish I could take back my vote because I'd never heard 'Down for the count' until recently and when I posted here... and IMO that is BY FAR the best Y & T release, with 'Anytime' being their best song, IMO.

So in your mind, take 1 vote off 'Contagious' and add one onto 'Down for the count' because that's my true thought on the subject. Sensational album!!!

Guest stuck in lodi

Meanstreak for me closely followed by Black Tiger & Earthshaker. I liked them a lot up to 10. Didn't care for that album or the ones since except the recent unearthed discs.

• 4 months later...

Ten was it for me but a close race with Mean Streak and Contagious! All good stuff. These guys were great and underrated and overlooked in my opinion! :band: