FRICTION - Baby Talk eBay auction

MIKE S

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4748241886

Original indie label is Nizer Top Records.

This auction sez label is Retrospect Records & description states release year as "1990/2005", so obviously this is not an original.

I believe Retrospect is a legit label(?), but can't believe this one was reissued legitimately without any mention anywhere here at HH.

Or should the person selling it tell me all I need to know?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look who the seller is and that's all you'll need to know....... <_<

If you go to www.retrospectrecords.com and click on the contact button, it e-mails Streetsofmetal@AOL.com. Streetsofmetal was a username that Vegascds used when Vegascds was not a registered user for a while. See any connection yet? <_< Hmmmmmmmmm

Ok folks...as was stated, the auction says "THIS FRICTION CD TITLED "BABY TALK" WAS RELEASED IN 1990/2005 BY RETROSPECT RECORDS."

It is being listed as a re-release...it is not being mis-represented as an original at all.

As for Retrospect Records, read here:

http://www.retrospectrecords.com

:banana:

Well...does the band even know it was "Rereleased"? <_<

Look who the seller is and that's all you'll need to know....... <_<

If you go to www.retrospectrecords.com and click on the contact button, it e-mails Streetsofmetal@AOL.com. Streetsofmetal was a username that Vegascds used when Vegascds was not a registered user for a while. See any connection yet?  <_<  Hmmmmmmmmm

That's what I figured, guess I thought Sam's "label" was a under a different name.

My intent wasn't to bash the seller, just inquire about the pressing...

Well, since this "news" has broken here on the board tonight, here's some more info on the matter. This was posted on the Retrospect Records website about a month and a half to 2 months back; this is quoted exactly as it appeared then:

Here's the deal kids.

When I started Retrospect, I had hoped to make it a haven for former 80's bands who never

got the spotlight they so rightfully deserved. The concept started when I ran some Bittersweet demos,

but it developed, and somewhere down the line, it became just an indie label.

I have discussed things with a friend out west, who knows infinitely more of these 80's recording musicians than I will

ever know, and I truly believe he can bring Retrospect to it's full and intended purpose.

Please visit this site often in the coming months and help him drive this machine forward.

I feel in my heart that this is the right thing to do for a label I have loved so much.

Rock on fuckerz!

--------------------

The plot thickens........................................ :crazy:

Well, just to throw out some more info on this matter, I can't speak for the Friction or Toy Roz releases, BUT, I spoke with Alyze guitar player Matt Olivo earlier this week via email, and he told me himself about the Alyze re-releases about to come out, so yes, those are legit re-releases. :)

Well, if the bands are aware of the reissues and are getting paid royalties for their work, I don't have a problem with this re-issue. At least now Sam is making it clear that the CD for sale is a re-issue. It's a step in the right direction.

Of course, true collectors will still know the value of an original over a reprint.

They're legitimate folks.......contracts and all. I know this disappoints some of you, but the truth of the matter is that Retrospect Records is here to present the hard rock community with some kickass reissues.

Not only with Alyze....and Friction....but with many more releases that will have the hard rock community buzzing for some time. And will keep them happy that they're finally seeing the light of day for the masses.

Allow me to suggest the most EXCELLENT Alyze First Issue *never before released by the band* EP......it is simply kickass. And, for those that haven't heard their full length original release "Playin' With Desire", I would suggest you check it out. You won't be disappointed!!!

And, Whiplash......damn if you are not the Sherlock Holmes!!! :lol: I love it....you do some kickass sleuthing!!!

Rock on.....and I would keep your eyes peeled gang. Because from what I've heard....the fun has just begun!!!

Well, if the bands are aware of the reissues and are getting paid royalties for their work, I don't have a problem with this re-issue. At least now Sam is making it clear that the CD for sale is a re-issue. It's a step in the right direction.

Of course, true collectors will still know the value of an original over a reprint.

It's good to see you 'don't have a problem with it'....that's very nice of you in a very Sheriff-y kind of way.

And...I wouldn't call it a step Koogles.....I'd say he's running with it.....but of course....isn't that the idea!?

Enjoy the tuneage!! :band:

Well, just to throw out some more info on this matter, I can't speak for the Friction or Toy Roz releases, BUT, I spoke with Alyze guitar player Matt Olivo earlier this week via email, and he told me himself about the Alyze re-releases about to come out, so yes, those are legit re-releases.  :)

You are awesome!!! :lol:

But just to clarify....the EP isn't a 'reissue'. It's a first ever pressing as it was never issued prior to this release!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4748241886

Original indie label is Nizer Top Records.

This auction sez label is Retrospect Records & description states release year as "1990/2005", so obviously this is not an original.

I believe Retrospect is a legit label(?), but can't believe this one was reissued legitimately without any mention anywhere here at HH.

Or should the person selling it tell me all I need to know?

These releases were definitely kept under wraps. It adds to the excitement...wouldn't you say??!!!

They're legitimate folks.......contracts and all. I know this disappoints some of you, but the truth of the matter is that Retrospect Records is here to present the hard rock community with some kickass reissues.

Not only with Alyze....and Friction....but with many more releases that will have the hard rock community buzzing for some time. And will keep them happy that they're finally seeing the light of day for the masses.

Allow me to suggest the most EXCELLENT Alyze First Issue *never before released by the band* EP......it is simply kickass. And, for those that haven't heard their full length original release "Playin' With Desire", I would suggest you check it out. You won't be disappointed!!!

And, Whiplash......damn if you are not the Sherlock Holmes!!! :lol: I love it....you do some kickass sleuthing!!!

Rock on.....and I would keep your eyes peeled gang. Because from what I've heard....the fun has just begun!!!

OMG! AWESOME news!!! :cheer:

I personally cant wait to get my copy of the Friction cd, glad to see it be reissued, awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bri.....what about the Chambermaids stuff??? Isn't it about time??!!

I have to still go through all my stuff and see what I have, then I have to get it remastered. Maybe one day. Until then anyone wanting mp3' can just pm me.

I personally cant wait to get my copy of the Friction cd, glad to see it be reissued, awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bri.....what about the Chambermaids stuff??? Isn't it about time??!!

I have no problems if he sells reissues as long as he states it in the auction. I see he did with this one and that's fine by me. I'd love to hear this cd since I've heard so much about it. As long as it's a legit reissue and the band knows and supports it. :drink:

So is Retrospect Records Sam's label...just wondering about his level of involvment.

Hi,

just a quick update on the RETROSPECT label and my brother's involvement in the company. Sam has in fact bought out the label and is president of it. He is scheduling to release over 100 of the rarest AOR, hard rock and metal cd's in these first 3 months with many many more to come. Some of these will no doubt be very limited edition pressings and will only be exclusively available thru him. Although I will possibly be listing some of these in my ebay auctions in the future also. Some of the titles will literally blow you away as some of these have never ever been released on cd before and some you would never thought you would see on cd again!!

This is the beginning of something very exciting -- and will allow rock and metal fans worldwide to hear some of this rare awesome music for the first time.

On a side note I hope to be doing some other rare AOR re-releases in the near future including stuff like All Sports Band, American Noise, Avion and others...

Keep it rockin'!!

Recordjnky [Dan]

--ISA. 38:20--

Is it possible to buy these CDs directly through Retrospect, or are they only going to be listed by Sam on eBay?  I truly hope that's not the case.

Maronna!!!! This is awesome!!! SURRENDER and now Friction- my second top CD-r will soon be substituted by the proper release!!!

Someone just made my summer!!

Denis.

Hi,

just a quick update on the RETROSPECT label and my brother's involvement in the company. Sam has in fact bought out the label and is president of it. He is scheduling to release over 100 of the rarest AOR, hard rock and metal cd's in these first 3 months with many many more to come. Some of these will no doubt be very limited edition pressings and will only be exclusively available thru him. Although I will possibly be listing some of these in my ebay auctions in the future also. Some of the titles will literally blow you away as some of these have never ever been released on cd before and some you would never thought you would see on cd again!!

This is the beginning of something very exciting -- and will allow rock and metal fans worldwide to hear some of this rare awesome music for the first time.

On a side note I hope to be doing some other rare AOR re-releases in the near future including stuff like All Sports Band, American Noise, Avion and others...

Keep it rockin'!!

Recordjnky [Dan]

--ISA. 38:20--

So assuming everything's legit, when and where can any of these be purchased? :lol:

Thanks

JL

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to get the list of the bands scheduled for re-release?

2. Do you think the price on Friction-Baby Talk will drop? I guess we shall see plenty of the first-press CDs on e-bay in nearest future.

To be honest, you guys should be checkin' out those Alyze discs! Those kick ass!!

I mean, the Friction is great.....and all the hoopla, blah, blah, blah, behind it..and we all know that, but I promise you....you will not be disappointed in Alyze.

• Old New Ballads Blues - Gary Moore
    • Don't Let It End - Highly Strung featuring John McEnroe
    • Sure isn't Sam Newman, not Norman.
    • “YOU'VE BEEN WAITING! IT'S 7 O'CLOCK, TIME TO ANNOUNCE THE PRESALE OF THE NEW QUIREBOYS ALBUM 'WARDOUR STREET' SPECIAL GIG, BOX SET, VINYL AND MORE Spike, Nigel Mogg, Chris Johnstone, Rudy Richman and Luke Morley are delighted to announce that the new Quireboys album 'Wardour Street' is now available on presale through their worldwide distributor Cadiz Music. The album is dedicated to Guy Bailey's memory. It's the album he wanted the band to make. Included in the presale are these exclusive items: Album launch event in London / box set / exclusive gig T shirt. This is a private party to meet the band and an acoustic gig. Only 100 tickets will be available. Box Set includes: • Exclusive rose coloured vinyl • CD • Cassette (only available in the box set) • Silk scarf • Shot glass • Laminates • Signed lyric sheets • Poster Also available: • Limited edition box set • Limited edition white vinyl Ip • Digipak CD https://cadizmerchstore.com/collections/quireboyswardourstreet/products/quireboys-wardour-street-box-lp-cd?variant=40676535599159  
    • Is he producing?  He mixed & mastered that new Nickoloff - Envy release to and it's on Kivel...he's everywhere  I thought Oscar Nilsson produced this?
    • Well it isn't far away so you never know lol
    • Have to say that I'm a little excited to get Remasters of the Flame discs  love them...the other ain't too shabby either mind 
    • More to come from Bad Reputation...April 19th.. Deadringer - Electrocution Of The Heart (1989) Everybody rock When you’re in you’re in Love’s a killer Secret eyes Balls out Summa cum loud Double talk Dangerous love Bring on the night Unsung heroes Bonus track Unsung heroes (Remix) Outlaw Blood - S/t (1991)   TOWER OF LOVE BODY & SOUL LAST ACT SINK MY TEETH EVERY DAY I DIE SOUL REVIVAL I’M IN SHOCK RED HOT ‘N’ BLUE SLAVE TO LOVE FALL THRU THE CRACKS HOLLYWOOD BABYLON and on 28th May... Flame - s/t & Blaze (2cd) (1989/1992)   CD 1. FLAME - Flame 1.    Razor Blade Road (Prelude) 2.    Rain 3.    Electraglide 4.    Wild One 5.    Don’t Look Down 6.    Wonderland 7.    Shelter You 8.    If You Had A Heart 9.    Never Say Die 10.    Ball And Chain 11.    Blood For Blood 12.    Desperate Heart 13.    Automatic 14.    Razor Blade Road (Reprise) CD 2.  Flame - Blaze 1.    Lorelei 2.    Ride 3.    Ball & Chain 4.    New Love 5.    Givin’ Me Lies 6.    Get It All 7.    Automatic 8.    Fascination Touch 9.    Bound n Tied 10.    Freight Train 11.    Don’t Look Down  
    • Decent song but a bit too "Eurovision" for me. Maybe it'll grow on me. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.