Franke & The Knockouts - 'Makin' The Point' (1984)

Geoff

Well hombres, isn't this one a fine album? I think I kind of skipped this over as their first two albums are so weak/average... but jeez did they turn up for this one. Have many folk here heard it?  

R-2986475-1311312585.jpeg.jpg

I really like 'Carrie Why' and 'Blame it on my heart.' Other gems are 'You don't want me,' 'You're All That Really Matters' and 'So Cool (Nobody's Fool).' But overall, it's a good, enjoyable listen.

Reading up a bit more on these guys, I read they split up in 1986 after this album didn't give them the success they desired. Then, in a twist which I find mind-blowing, the lead singer, Franke Previte wrote the massive hit 'Hungry Eyes' and he also co-wrote '(I've had) The time of my life.' Both were obviously massive hits in 1987 on the 'Dirty Dancing' soundtrack. I guess that set him up for life, but shame we never heard from him again in terms of musical output. Anyway, I found that quite interesting. 

All three Franke albums are great, this being the best one, just ahead of  Below The Belt' ..Some great songs on all of them.