Outloud - VHS: Virtual Hero Society

Stefan

Outloud-VHS-Cover-min.jpg

Press release:

Blurring the lines between past and present, the retro-world and modern society, AOR, Melodic Rock and Heavy Metal, OUTLOUD release their first video-single out of their forthcoming album "VHS:Virtual Hero Society" (Rock Of Angels Records)

According to the band: "We love the whole new retro wave but on the other hand we don't live in the past. This video is representative of how the new OUTLOUD album sounds like: it's old but fresh, it's melodic but heavy, it's something familiar yet completely new. 
Somewhere between Guns & Roses, Annihilator, Eclipse and Iron Maiden we feel that we have evolved our personal sound and have contributed to the world metal scene with a really strong album.
"Virtual Heroes" is definitely one of the less obvious melodic/arena rock/AOR video-singles; the album is full of them. We just wanted to make a difference and a statement."

• Artist: OUTLOUD
• Album: "Virtual Hero Society" 
• Song: "Virtual Heroes"
• Label: Rock Of Angels Records
• EU Release Date: 14.09.2018

Track listing

1. Fools’ Train
2. My Promise
3. Virtual Heroes
4. I Am The One
5. Share My Dreams
6. World-Go-Round
7. We Got Tonite
8. Borrowed Time
9. Live With It
10. …And I Tried
11. Fallen Love
12. Fight On!

www.outloud.rocks

facebook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
On 8/24/2018 at 12:28 PM, Stefan said:

Outloud-VHS-Cover-min.jpg

Press release:

Blurring the lines between past and present, the retro-world and modern society, AOR, Melodic Rock and Heavy Metal, OUTLOUD release their first video-single out of their forthcoming album "VHS:Virtual Hero Society" (Rock Of Angels Records)

According to the band: "We love the whole new retro wave but on the other hand we don't live in the past. This video is representative of how the new OUTLOUD album sounds like: it's old but fresh, it's melodic but heavy, it's something familiar yet completely new. 
Somewhere between Guns & Roses, Annihilator, Eclipse and Iron Maiden we feel that we have evolved our personal sound and have contributed to the world metal scene with a really strong album.
"Virtual Heroes" is definitely one of the less obvious melodic/arena rock/AOR video-singles; the album is full of them. We just wanted to make a difference and a statement."

• Artist: OUTLOUD
• Album: "Virtual Hero Society" 
• Song: "Virtual Heroes"
• Label: Rock Of Angels Records
• EU Release Date: 14.09.2018

Track listing

1. Fools’ Train
2. My Promise
3. Virtual Heroes
4. I Am The One
5. Share My Dreams
6. World-Go-Round
7. We Got Tonite
8. Borrowed Time
9. Live With It
10. …And I Tried
11. Fallen Love
12. Fight On!

www.outloud.rocks

facebook

Pass...

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad album. They have a good sound and great production, but struggle to write songs that stick out from the pack. A few very similar sounding songs on this one too. But I did enjoy 'I Am the One,' 'Share My Dreams,' 'World-Go-Round' and 'Borrowed time.' 

Not a great release, but it does have it's moments. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I've listened for probably my 3rd or 4th time and have to say I'm disappointed in this.

Really tame/poppy/watered down/samey compared to previous releases.

Let's GEt Serious was about as AOR as I get, and this one just slipped over that line.
I'll likely find a few songs that stick out enough to want to add to their best of, but to get there I feel like I have to listen to this a few more times. Shouldn't be that way.
Maybe I should shelve it for a half a year or so and come back to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...