Morano - Incognito

Stefan

Press release:

Incognito!

Featuring Guitar wizard Duane Morano. Duane is bringing his brand of smash the dashboard arena rock to the genre, which we promise will not disappoint! Duane is not alone however and is bringing some very familiar faces to the party with him! On drums, Michael Foster (of Firehouse) On Bass, Pat Badger (of Extreme) and on lead Vocals, Danny Vaughn (of Tyketto) along with a few special surprise guests. The album is currently being Produced by Bill Leverty (of Firehouse) with many of the guitar tones being crafted by the legendary Michael Wagener. From the material, to the production, and of course the musicianship, this album will not disappoint!

morano-incognito.jpg

After the Love
Cookie Jar
Sincerely Yours
Don't Believe You
Face the Fire
Giovanna
Kid Gloves
Manhattan
Hearts 
Love is just a lie
Why
Barely Breathing

2 hours ago, gener8tr said:

Damn I would have loved this in 1986!

I like it now, but as I've continued to age year after year, I find myself reaching for more Steely Dan and less King Kobra.  My 18 year-old self would be very disappointed in my 50 year-old self...

Not me. I listen to a variety of era's of "Rock", but wil always go for/choose 80's/early 90's and I'd say 2004 till now over anything else.

1 hour ago, Y&TForever said:

Is Ritchie lead singer?

Danny Vaughn.

20 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

Sorry!:P

• 2 months later...

Got an update on this project today.

Will not be released by Kivel Records but will be released independently.

See Duane Morano's FB page for info.

Think pre-orders will be starting next week.

Have this on my watch list as I liked the first tune I heard.

No sample or anything on this thread anymore... did it get taken down by Kivel or something? It's a very interesting band line-up - I like it. Would love to hear the music. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

No sample or anything on this thread anymore... did it get taken down by Kivel or something? It's a very interesting band line-up - I like it. Would love to hear the music. 

Yeah, appears it was taken down.  I looked around a bit and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Sample was good....Basically sounded like old Tyketto if I remember right.

• 3 weeks later...

Info on this release.  Maybe thread title can be edited as it's not being released by Kivel Records.

But here's the information on the album pre-order for anyone that wants to check it out:

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/incognito-going-rogue?fbclid=IwAR2VUf3OUITdoMDqYMk8Z-pZlE-8HLepetEVadS42qeaYBuXma-Itz9fEcI

Thanks for sharing the update and the link.  Some cool guests involved.  It seems like Danny will be one of a few vocalists including Bryan Cole and possibly Terry Ilous.  Of the three sample tracks I think After the Love and Sincerely Yours sounded pretty good.

1 minute ago, lettard said:

Yeah sounded good to me too,didnt like the track Manhattan though.

Agree....Liked the first 2 songs but didn't care too much for the third.

I get the feeling there will probably be 3-4 songs with each of the vocalists sharing the load.  I guess it's basically like a project type CD more than a true band.

I'll probably check it out though as it's a good roster of musicians....Could be an interesting listen.

morano-incognito.jpg?itok=YtNXf_jB

More info from melodicrock.com:

“Feel good rock n’ roll - the music tells stories we can all relate to, but in a fun way” is how songwriter/guitarist Duane Morano describes his CD, Incognito. And on its first-ever release, ‘Incognito’ (whose pre sale begins on November 30th via Pledge Music ( http://pmusic.co/lNL9xL), before its official release on February 8th, 2019), Duane has assembled a stellar supporting cast of names that are well-known to melodic rock fans worldwide - Tyketto’s Danny Vaughn, Extreme’s Pat Badger and Kevin Figueiredo, Firehouse’s Michael Foster and Bill Leverty, XYZ’s Terry Ilous, The Firm/Blue Murder’s Tony Franklin, and Alice Cooper’s Nita Strauss, among others.

Duane explains, the CD ‘Incognito’ came together in a huge stroke of luck. “I had known Bill Leverty for a great many years so he was in from the beginning. Back in 2016, I was having dinner with Bill and was asked if I was ever going to unshelve a CD I started working on years ago. After some thought, I finished a few of the tracks in my studio and sent them to Bill to be mixed. As we listened to the mixes, it became clear to both of us I needed to get rid of the programmed drums, find a bass player instead of a guitar player trying to play bass, and get someone that could sing what I was struggling to attempt. Changes needed to be made. That was when Bill suggested his drummer Michael Foster, so I gave him a shout.”

“The next step was finding the right vocalists to fit the handful of songs that were ready. I had my MP3 player on shuffle and Great White's ‘Hard to Say Goodbye’ came on and thought, ‘Terry's voice would be a great fit for a song,’ so I reached out to him and he asked to hear it. I sent him an MP3 with Michael and Tony playing on it. Terry was a bit surprised that as a guitar player I hired a bass player and didn't do it myself which is typical in self-funded, small budget projects. After explaining, Terry saw I was willing to do what's best for the music and liked the song so he agreed to sing a song or two. As the project progressed and we got to know each other, we started trading ideas back and forth, writing and arraigning together, and ultimately ended up with 5 songs for consideration.”

“Pat coming on board was really a happy accident. For 20 years or so I've collected music memorabilia as hobby. Pat had a Pledge campaign going on at the time and I pledged for the Patocam. He sent me an email saying something like, ‘Dude you got the Patocam,’ so I replied with some smart-aleck funny comment. He laughed and we emailed back and forth for a few hours and went our separate ways. About a week went by and much to my surprise, I got a random email from him asking how I was doing.”

As the project’s leader explains, the album is loaded with rockin’ highlights. “Nita Strauss solo on ‘Manhattan’ was a pick up your jaw off the floor moment. Bryan Cole’s vocals on ‘Don’t Believe You’ grabs elements of rock and blues with a touch of soul, and delivers one of the best performances I’ve ever heard him do. The way Michael Foster and Pat Badger really cement and play with the groove on ‘Kid Gloves’ is really cool.”

And the guests sound equally enthusiastic about the disc. Terry Ilous - “If you want to listen to good rock and roll, good music, pledge for this CD. Duane is a wonderful guitar player and I’m looking forward to singing more songs for him.” Nita Strauss - “‘Manhattan’ is a GREAT song. Thank you for having me on it.” Bill Leverty - "Duane has an amazing CD, filled with tasty music and killer guitar work."

Duane is also confident that his brand of rock fits in well with the current musical climate. “With the interest people have in bands of my youth, I think Incognito gives people the opportunity to hear elements of what was great about that era of music - but in a fresh way. Incognito pays tribute to that time period, but leaves the listener feeling satisfied like you’ve got something new.

And if all goes according to plan, the CD will not merely be a studio project. “Shows could happen if we can get schedules coordinated. That's always the hardest part when trying to get people from several different active bands together in the same place at the same time. There is talk of a live version, and something Bryan, Danny, Terry, and I think could be a lot of fun.”

Lastly, what are Duane’s future plans? “Finish the CD and then spend some much-needed time with my wife and kids - while putting a live band together, for special events.”

CONFIRMED TRACKS/LINE-UPS FOR ‘INCOGNITO’:

After the Love- Danny Vaughn, Duane Morano, Pat Badger, Michael Foster, Bryan Cole

Cookie Jar- Bryan Cole, Duane Morano, Tony Franklin, Michael Foster, Chris Lester

Sincerely Yours- Bryan Cole, Duane Morano, Pat Badger, Michael Foster, Shane French

Don't Believe You- Bryan Cole, Duane Morano, Keith Horne, Michael Foster

Face the Fire- Danny Vaughn, Duane Morano, Keith Horne, Bryan Cole, Kevin Figueiredo (K-Figg)

Giovanna- Danny Vaughn, Duane Morano, John Morano, Michael Foster

Kid Gloves- Danny Vaughn, Duane Morano, Pat Badger, Michael Foster, John Surabian, Bryan Cole

Manhattan- Dan Michaels, Duane Morano, Pat Badger, Michael Foster, Nita Strauss

Hearts- Terry Ilous, Duane Morano, Tony Franklin, Michael Foster, Dan Michaels, Bryan Cole

Love is just a lie- Terry Ilous, Duane Morano, JK Northrup, Pat Badger, Michael Foster

Why- Terry Ilous, Duane Morano, Keith Horne, Bryan Cole, Michael Foster

Barely Breathing- Danny Vaughn, Duane Morano, Pat Badger, Michael Foster

FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT:

Twitter: @duanemorano

• 2 months later...

You can now check out 30 second samples of all tracks here : https://www.duanemorano.com/

Also, even though the project is closed due to Pledge Music's financial woes, there are still 4 full tracks (After the Love, Sincerely Yours, Cookie Jar, & Why)  available for listening at: 

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/duane-morano-incognito

I ordered my copy from his website a few minutes ago; sounds damn good to these ears! :headbanger:

• 4 months later...

In a year full of disappointments this one was a pleasant surprise.  While it likely won't make my top 20 list I think it is worth giving a listen.  My favorites are Sincerely Yours and After the Love but I've also added a few of the other tracks to my 2019 playlist

Yep, a couple of incredible songs but it's disappointing that it's not as good throughout as how it starts.