Newman - Decade ll

Stefan

27972743_1972240553037965_76348493183075

From AOR Heaven's newsletter:

:::New release: Newman – Decade II:::

In 1997 Singer, songwriter Steve Newman formed the band Newman and since 1998 have been producing consistently high quality albums filled with hook laden songs and thought provoking lyrics. Today, the band consists of Steve Newman (Vocals, Guitar), Pete Newdeck on Drums, Shaun Bessant (Guitar, Vocals), Paul Boyle (Keyboards, Vocals), Dave Bartlett (Bass, Vocals).
On September 21st, 2018 NEWMAN will now release a double CD with 34 of their finest songs on AOR Heaven to celebrate the band’s 20th recording anniversary. Steve Newman says: “So here we are again, oh, but hang on, we’re another 10 years (after the decade I release) down the line on this musical journey. I can’t believe how quickly those years have gone by!! I wanted to keep the concept for this collection the same as the previous release, so once again, I am proud and excited to present to you another double CD re-performed and re-recorded featuring 35 songs from 2007 right through to 2017. 20 years since Newman first released the debut album, and I still get the same excitement and joy from recording and performing music. In the last 10 years the live band has gone from strength to strength and I am now surrounded by a bunch of really good friends who bring these songs to life whenever we play. My drive to write and perform is a selfish quest, however, my inspiration is you, everyone that supports my music, and the wonderful compliments I receive on a daily basis, thank you for your belief, this one is for you.” Steve Newman

Disc 1 features 17 songs from the 2007 album “Primitive Soul” through “The Art Of Balance”, “Under Southern Skies”, “Siren”, and finally the 2015 album “The Elegance Machine”.

Disc 2 features another 17 songs, some that were written and even recorded, but not included on the final releases, songs that were written for other artists and 2 songs that were originally released as Japanese bonus tracks. There are some songs, as before, that were “works in progress” especially recorded for this release and also another 6 songs from the “Aerial” sessions.

Fore more information: www.facebook.com/Steve.Newman.Music

38737662_2032821003435425_74051101562178

CD 1
01 HERO TO ZERO
02 HEADING FOR YOUR HEART
03 GHOST IN THE NIGHT
04 FEEL HER AGAIN
05 STAY WITH ME
06 THE ELEGANCE MACHINE
07 KILLING ME
08 PRIMITIVE SOUL
09 ENDLESS
10 FIRE WITH FIRE
11 SCAR OF LOVE
12 15 MINUTE REVOLUTION
13 SHE WALKS IN SILENCE
14 UNDER SOUTHERN SKIES
15 HAD ENOUGH
16 TUMBLE DOWN
17 FOR THE MAN I AM

CD 2
01 BREAKING THE BARRIER
02 GIRL FOUND LOVE
03 LIAR
04 ONE MORE NIGHT WITH YOU
05 FIGHT NO MORE
06 SHE'S THE WOMAN
07 NIGHTMARE
08 ANGEL
09 WORLD KEEPS TURNING
10 IN TOO DEEP
11 THE MORE I LOVE
12 CROSSED MY HEART
13 A WITNESS TO LOVE'S DECLINE
14 DOES IT FEEL THE SAME ?
15 RACE OF A LIFETIME
16 NEVER BECOMES AGAIN
17 MY FANTASY

More interested in CD 2. His first Decade  album release had really good songs on cd 2 which were previously unreleased so am hoping the same this time again. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the whole 2nd disk the unreleased stuff? Not that familiar with his stuff.

19 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Is the whole 2nd disk the unreleased stuff? Not that familiar with his stuff.

I believe so, I don't recognize the song titles on disc 2.  And that was the format that was used on the prior Decade release, disc 1 was sort of a best of and disc 2 mostly unreleased with a few alternate versions.

• 3 weeks later...