East Temple Avenue - Both Sides of Midnight

Stefan

capture-20180730-203408.png

From FB:

Thank you for all the ETA love!
We are blown away by the initial reaction and we look forward to getting our music out to you ASAP!
We have some limited edition merchandise on the way and will be having a giveaway along with it.
Thanks again for the support!

Edited by Stefan

21 hours ago, Geoff said:

I know Lablanc and Phillips but who the hell are the rest of 'em? 

Dennis Butabi Borg: Cruzh

Philip Landstrand: Find Me, Jim Jidhed

Herman Furin: Work Of Art, Fergie Frederiksen, Chasing Violets, The Theander Expression

Dan Skeed: The Darren Phillips Project

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Dennis Butabi Borg: Cruzh

Philip Landstrand: Find Me, Jim Jidhed

Herman Furin: Work Of Art, Fergie Frederiksen, Chasing Violets, The Theander Expression

Dan Skeed: The Darren Phillips Project

Cool, thanks. Nice line-up, then. :)

• 3 months later...

From FB:

We are still hard at work on the first single. Collaborating with band members all over the world can sometimes be difficult, when it comes to juggling schedules and our every day lives, but believe us it will be worth the wait!

We wont be ready for Christmas but look on track to drop a track sometime in January.

We have well over an album worth of songs to choose from and they are all very uniquely ETA. We've tried very hard to not just reproduce songs from our current groups or projects and come up with an original sound for this collaborative effort.

We may have been quiet with our updates, but we've been very busy working on everything behind the scenes.

Thank you for your patience and support!

- ETA

• 5 months later...
On 5/22/2019 at 8:56 PM, Mr.AOR said:

I never knew Jason Statham was in the band... 

lol. Shit it does look like him. 

Song's pretty good. Nothing to frown about. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New single 'Everything' out Feb 28.

81218800_2665489120195520_58522444065637

Lead vocals: Robert LaBlanc
Lead guitar: Philip Lindstrand
Bass: Dennis Butabi Borg
Keys and lead Rhythm: Daniel Skeed
Rhythm guitar: Darren Phillips
Drums: Herman Furin
BV's: Darren & Dan
Additional keys: Thomas & Zoe Phillips

On 10/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Well, at least the video isn't awkward...

Haha, shocking. Love the hand in the pocket. But even that aside, why? Why does the rest of it happen? What is all this shit with people driving around in cars? What on earth even was that? 

Either way, another cool tune. 

• 7 months later...
  • Stefan changed the title to East Temple Avenue - Both Sides of Midnight
  • 4 weeks later...

From Darren Phillips:

What a journey that was!
Today we completed the East Temple Avenue album. It will be sent to the label next week and released in November.
Robert LaBlanc, Dennis Butabi Borg, Philip Lindstrand and Herman Furin we’ve never met, but what we’ve achieved is quite extraordinary! Forever forged in musical history now as band brothers.
Daniel Skeed, mate, brother, family.
We kicked arse together brother!
Can’t wait for you all to hear it!

• 2 weeks later...

Cover art and tracklisting for the new album.

119993499_3328657723878653_6231638546143

Track listing

1. Mountain 3:36

2. Don't Make Believe 3:58

3. Fool For Love 5:25

4. My Last Breath 4:26

5. Everything 4:35

6. Forever Yours 4:16

7. Fly High 4:07

8. When I'm With You 3:43

9. The End Of You And Me 3:52

10. Where Love Is 3:29

Edited by Stefan

Album out November 27th.

Press release from AOR Heaven:

In 2017, guitarist/songwriter/producer Darren Phillips hosted a melodic rock radio show in his native homeland of Australia. Throughout the lifetime of the show, Darren conversed with many artists from across the melodic rock world and inevitably the conversation turned to songwriting and collaboration. These conversations spawned Volume One of The Darren Phillips Project and an ongoing friendship/collaboration between all involved.
In 2018 Phillips approached to bass player Dennis Butabi Borg (Cruzh), lead guitarist Philip Lindstrand (Find Me, Arkado) and drummer Herman Furin (Work of Art) with the idea of doing an entire album together and actually forming a studio band. Phillips’ longtime friend and producing partner Dan Skeed (Urban Stone), would also come along for the ride, which left the essential position of lead vocals to be filled.

For Phillips, having previously worked with Robbie LaBlanc (Find Me, Blanc Faces) on two other occasions, the American was the first and only choice. Fortunately, LaBlanc agreed and the ETA line-up was complete.

Working in their respective studios, in Australia, Sweden and the USA, the band started the songwriting and recording process, which would then make its way to Phillips’ and Skeed’s Sydney-based studios Skeed Music, for mixing and mastering.
The first single ‘When I’m With You’ was released in May 2019 to much critical acclaim, and its follow-up ‘Don’t Make Believe’, made several ‘Songs of the Year’ lists when it was released in October 2019 and attracted the attention of well-respected German label AOR Heaven, with whom the band signed a publishing deal with in April 2020.

The band having never been in the same room together, of course, have the ultimate goal to meet, perform and record together. East Temple Avenue have spent 2020 hard at work completing the ten tracks that appear on their debut album, ‘Both Sides of Midnight’ which will be released on November 27th, 2020.

Love the pair of tracks I found on Spotify but the production of those singles are so weak compared to the others in my Robbie Lablanc playlist. I sure hope the full length album gets a boost in the production department. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...