Boys Of Fall - 'Chasing Lonely' EP

Geoff

1    .    No Good for Me

2    .    Chasing Lonely

3    .    Novocaine

4    .    Under My Skin (acoustic)

5    .    I Learned My Lesson (acoustic)

https://boysoffall.bandcamp.com/album/thank-you-goodbye

04b0ffba52e8638bafe74bb238a4eb90.960x960

Probably not worth a thread for what is essentially a 3 track EP (with two acoustic reworks of previous songs). But I like these guys and it sounds like they're on the right track after a solid but not ground-breaking debut in 2016 called 'Thank you and goodbye.' Which did have nice songs like this on it;

And heavier stuff along these lines;

Haha, I was going to put a thread up for that album tomorrow, when I have time to sit down and put some ratings on it. But I agree, sounded great. Probably the best modern rock album I've heard this year. Loved my first few listens of it - some really, really catchy/melodic choruses.

There's a lot of bands who do this ADTR type of sound, and some are average but occasionally some do stand out from the pack. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the Sink The Ship album. If I remember right, the first track is all balls to the wall and I was worried it was just going to be another pass. But a a few more clean vocals and big hooks later, and I was totally sold on it. Good stuff. :)

I think this 'Everything' song was up at the top of my faves. 

On 5/22/2018 at 3:53 PM, Geoff said:

Haha, I was going to put a thread up for that album tomorrow, when I have time to sit down and put some ratings on it. But I agree, sounded great. Probably the best modern rock album I've heard this year. Loved my first few listens of it - some really, really catchy/melodic choruses.

There's a lot of bands who do this ADTR type of sound, and some are average but occasionally some do stand out from the pack. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the Sink The Ship album. If I remember right, the first track is all balls to the wall and I was worried it was just going to be another pass. But a a few more clean vocals and big hooks later, and I was totally sold on it. Good stuff. :)

I think this 'Everything' song was up at the top of my faves. 

Yeah It's a strange one as I love the ADTR sound but so many of the bands that do it seem very flat and uninspiring but every so often you hear the sound done right and this album is definitely an example of that

Everything is great but my favourites from this disc are probably 'How I live' and ' take this to heart'  killer choruses on those

• 6 months later...

For anyone keeping score, these guys have blessed us with an EP and album in the same year. Despite it probably not being quite as amazing as I expected (as in album of the year territory), I really like every single song on the new album. Wonderful listen. It's called 'Better Moments' and if you've liked these guys before you'll love it.

A couple of my faves;