One Shot Thrill self titled EP out now and me likey...

Not a bad EP. They're on the brink, but it never really gets there for me. Some promising melodies, but it never really pays off come chorus time. 'You Do' is my favourite of the lot, but like I say... just misses the mark as a keeper for me. :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Thanks, this is one of the few places I can use my recollections about 80's & 90's hard rock.  If I can help someone out a bit all the better.
    • Yeah, PIP the song is probably my favorite of theirs, so I was happy to hear that. I guess it's hard for them to go back and play a setlist they were playing 10 or 15 years ago (that time is probably smack bang in the timeframe when they were split up) Personally I would have loved to have heard about Joey playing solo stuff in a small pub the following night. 
      that would have been killer.
    • haha, i went to the Rugby once.
      once.
    • We're just going to Phuket for a week.
      Couple of my kids will be there then also, but we'll mostly avoid them
      I've been a couple of times before so there is less need to get out and see everything. Forced sitting on the beach or by the pool.

I travel a lot for work overseas, so this is the first really relaxing break for a while.
      Although I'll be looking at some work stuff in my time there anyway.Timing was that late last year Jetstar has a deal on which made it less than $300 return each, so we just picked a date. We're lucky as we are self employed we can travel when we like which we probably don't appreciate enough. I was actually talking about Philippines as an option for something next year and apparently there is a big crackdown on drugs there which is kinda dangerous. I don't watch the news anymore so I know little about that. usually a storm in a teacup though I find.
    • I don't really look to cold hard truths for humour, but whatever floats your boat, mate.
    • Nice. Where are you going in Thailand? We're heading up to a similar part of the world - up to the Phillipines, on islands around Cebu. Also heading out on the 14th.  Is the timing purposeful for you too, to escape that little bit of our shitty winter?
    • Nice. Thanks heaps for the rundown and pics. Interesting setlist. Definitely less songs that I'd like to hear than ones I'd rather not hear. Good sportsmanship for them to do such a long set too.  I would love to see the stuff from OOTW & PIP but it looks like they were few and far between.
    • Yep. The 'Gravity' EP is my favourite from them, and the most rock orientated one. 'In Our Bones' is more along this real pop rock kind of route, but still a nice album.  
    • Most (hard) rock albums since about 1986 or so have a great drum sound... except Vega's last two. Few of my faves are that Firehouse album, Ratt's 'Detonator' and Treat's 'Organized Crime'... amongst a million others.
    • Tarja - Left In The Dark Reckless Love - Spirit + 1 (Special Edition) Arti Tisi - Back Again Street Talk - V + 6  (Reissue) Paris - The World Outside + 2 (Special Edition) The Radio Sun - Outside Looking In