Kissin' Dynamite - Ecstasy

Stefan

On 7/13/2018 at 11:14 PM, heavyharmonies said:

Not sure how long this will be up, but this song is a monster IMO:

Speaking of YouTube, no less than 3 different posters have uploaded the complete album in its entirety to YT. Not sure how record labels are going to handle this. It's torrenting, but out in the open.

A song Hinder can consider of doing a cover. Excellent song.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/19/2018 at 9:10 PM, CureTheSane said:

You guys are missing out if this is the first you've dug them.

That said, this is a killer disc, and leans more to the AOR side of rock than the matal side.

Probably be my top album of the year

Have to agree....Absolutely killer album!  I've been through it a handful of times now and I swear the more I listen, the more I like it.      

I don't know if it'll be my top album but it's definitely right there among my favorites this year.

Have picked up their last album too and will be checking that out closer once I can get the new one out of my CD player :)

Not sure how these guys slipped under my radar.  Good stuff.

Yeah, I'm lovin' it!I've ordered the vinyl (+recent reissue of Gibraltar's ep with Roy Cathey, still one of my biggest vinyl wants).  Their strong gang choruses remind me Hell In The Club (but with way better vocals!). 

On 7/20/2018 at 11:10 AM, CureTheSane said:

You guys are missing out if this is the first you've dug them.

That said, this is a killer disc, and leans more to the AOR side of rock than the matal side.

Probably be my top album of the year

I'd have to disagree. Probably many of us have been keeping an eye on them through the years and I know for me they've always been pretty well below average. I like some very strong songs on here, but as an overall album I still wouldn't say they've entered a new realm of excellence. It's their best album no doubt, though. 

55 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I'd have to disagree. Probably many of us have been keeping an eye on them through the years and I know for me they've always been pretty well below average. I like some very strong songs on here, but as an overall album I still wouldn't say they've entered a new realm of excellence. It's their best album no doubt, though. 

Tough crowd! ONe of the best and most consistent new bands out there..

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

I disagree. Like a handful of songs from them over 4? albums, but for me this is a great album and has brought them up a notch for sure.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Glen said:

pretty decent album but still not sure how often I will spin this going forward.

love Waging War and that is the clear stand out for me. 

Love this album!  Waging War is SO good!

15 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Interesting how music is heard differently.

I put 9 songs from this album in my best of folder.

Waging War wasn't one of them :)

Yes everyone likes something different, but I still have to say it  WOW, really?!

9 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Yes everyone likes something different, but I still have to say it  WOW, really?!

Yep :)

Happens from time to time.
Example, Kiss...
Took me 20 years to start to like God Of Thunder.
Still not a real fan of Creatures Of The Night, and I've always dug The Elder

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Yep :)

Happens from time to time.
Example, Kiss...
Took me 20 years to start to like God Of Thunder.
Still not a real fan of Creatures Of The Night, and I've always dug The Elder

God of Thunder is pretty shit tho. Works well live cos they make it theatrical but as an album cut it's weak. 

'Waging war' is a good tune - second best on the album after 'Still Around,' imo. Those two songs are the clear stand outs on the disc.  

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

That is a wicked uncomfortable clip. 

I think the song is okay but I'm not as taken by it as you kids. ;)

Have to agree about the clip, it's disturbing to see his face all the time. I would have done it like a video-story, for example starting with the singer looking old photos of a smiling girl, then showing the singer and the girl together falling in love like flashbacks of their happy relationship, but at the middle of the song the girl begins to act bad, trying drugs and doing things to hurt him; finally he leaves her in the rain while the song ends. Something like that I think would have been more adequate.

Love the song, though.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:43 AM, Geoff said:

That is a wicked uncomfortable clip. 

I think the song is okay but I'm not as taken by it as you kids. ;)

Agree.  LOVE the album though!

1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

Agree.  LOVE the album though!

Same for me.

Okay song but if I'm listing my favorites from the album, this would be toward the bottom.

They should've done Waging War.

Great album though!

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Same for me.

Okay song but if I'm listing my favorites from the album, this would be toward the bottom.

They should've done Waging War.

Great album though!

Waging War is SO good!