Gioeli - Castronovo - Set The World On Fire

Stefan

3 hours ago, The Rocker said:

My copy is arriving today.  Iam so used to amazon prime that when I don't have it, it sucks!!!  I pre ordered 2 months ago!

I get impatient/anxious waiting sometimes too. I guess we've gotten spoiled with fast shipping.  While I like that convenience, I miss the days of going to a local record store on release days.  You got it when you wanted it, no busted cd cases, damaged vinyl/covers nor receiving the wrong item.

2 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

I get impatient/anxious waiting sometimes too. I guess we've gotten spoiled with fast shipping.  While I like that convenience, I miss the days of going to a local record store on release days.  You got it when you wanted it, no busted cd cases, damaged vinyl/covers nor receiving the wrong item.

Absolutely agree

Just to follow on from my original post, after listening to this a few times. I'm wild about 'Through,' 'Fall Like An Angel' and 'Remember Me.' Three of the best songs of the year so far. The rest is very good too, except for 'Mother' which is a definite skip and 'Let me out,' which is a pretty bland closing ballad. But for the most part, pretty great album. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

New lyric video (Lady Antebellum cover).

I know the original was a big hit, but this cover version doesn't do much for me and it is one of three tracks that I skip when listening to the album 

Nice enough cover of what is actually a pretty catchy tune... but I don't like the female vocals. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 1:03 AM, Stefan said:

New video.

Awesome song but a pretty awkward clip. Well pieced together filmclip, I'll give it that. But yeah, pretty awkward. ;)

16 hours ago, Stefan said:

New video.

What a weird clip. I don't dislike it. 

It should not be forgotten that this is a mighty fine album. 

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

I need to revisit this album tomorrow.

only spun a couple of times 

IMO it's better than those Revolution Saints albums which I believe you are quite fond of. To each their own, but defo this one of the three for me. 

13 minutes ago, Geoff said:

IMO it's better than those Revolution Saints albums which I believe you are quite fond of. To each their own, but defo this one of the three for me. 

All the rockers on the last RS were killers. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
18 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Agree, way better than Rev Saints and overall a decent album. My only gripe is that it is to ballad heavy. 

37 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

Agree, way better than Rev Saints and overall a decent album. My only gripe is that it is to ballad heavy. 

Yeah, the ballads are not the best songs on this and the rockers here are a really high quality. Good ol' fashioned riffage at play in the back end of the album. Band deserves as much a mention as the vocalists. 

'Through' is brilliance, though. Absolute killer tune. 

you dudes must be listening to different albums to me.

Pretty much this and RS are carbon copies of each other. it makes no sense that someone would dislike RS but like this album or vice versa. 

The style of rockers and ballads is virtually identical. 

The only 2 differences is this is too ballad heavy - is it 5, 6 ?? Ridiculous. And Aldrich clearly outguns anyone on the solo front. Those solos on RS are off the page and a delight to my ears.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Glen said:

you dudes must be listening to different albums to me.

Pretty much this and RS are carbon copies of each other. it makes no sense that someone would dislike RS but like this album or vice versa. 

The style of rockers and ballads is virtually identical. 

The only 2 differences is this is too ballad heavy - is it 5, 6 ?? Ridiculous. And Aldrich clearly outguns anyone on the solo front. Those solos on RS are off the page and a delight to my ears.

I don't think anyone actually said they dislike RS at all. I quite like them - the debut more so than the second album. The second album wasn't great... but I certainly don't dislike the band. I think AOR and I were just saying, rightly so, that this album is far better than the two of them. 

I know there's filler ballads on both projects, but I just ignore them, lol, and concentrate on the proper songs. Songs like 'Through,' 'Who I Am,' the killer 'Fall Like an Angel,' 'Walk with Me,' 'Run for Your Life' and 'Remember Me' just have a far better vibe than alot of the RS stuff... mostly, just especially that second album. The first one was very good.

But some of the stuff on this one has a real kind of early 90's hard rock vibe, which I really love. Good stuff. 

but tbh aside from Through, i think the rockers on RS are better. Killer album imo.

but hey we all hear different things.

I doubt the Gioeli will make my top 10 but it's an enjoyable listen. 

Given the way people are rating this album so highly, I'm wondering if Frontiers bit-starved or otherwise fucked up the mp3s they sent out for press purposes, because I find this album almost unlistenable based on production/mix quality. It's beyond poor. Musically I like it, but the sound quality makes me turn it off a few songs in.

8 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Given the way people are rating this album so highly, I'm wondering if Frontiers bit-starved or otherwise fucked up the mp3s they sent out for press purposes, because I find this album almost unlistenable based on production/mix quality. It's beyond poor. Musically I like it, but the sound quality makes me turn it off a few songs in.

I'd assume it was a bad send. I actually noticed recently it's a bit muddy and not as dynamic as other releases, but definitely not bad at all to these ears. 

• 5 years later...
  • My Little Pony
On 5/4/2018 at 6:32 AM, Stefan said:

Had a bit of a Deen day, yesterday. Generation Radio, Gioeli - Castronovo, then Rev Saints. 

This song is still so good. It's a shame the rest of the album didn't live up to it. 

• Like 1

This album did not age well at all. Another Frontiers one-off that sounded exciting at first but had little staying power.

Glen had it right...

Edited by Eric3
  • Like 1

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Eric3 said:

This album did not age well at all. Another Frontiers one-off that sounded exciting at first but had little staying power.

Glen had it right...

Oh, @Glen, how did we ever doubt you? ;}

I remember when I first heard this album. I threw the files on my DAP, took it to work, hit 'play,' and was immediately disappointed. I don't think I've listened to it more than five times. But, as I said above, I still love "Through."

• Haha 1