Stefan

Gioeli - Castronovo - Set The World On Fire

In case you didn't already know, THIS is my type of tune.  Vintage melodic rock.  Great harmonized vocals, guitars that actually use B and High-E strings, and an old-school vibe that's right up my alley.  Yep, I'll take one, please!

Ok, gotta admit, that first single was better than I was expecting... shows much promise.

If only they were half as funny as they think they are. Schtick is a bit strong and the love fest... they should get a room.

Music sounds good tho.

Johnny is one of the best frontmen out there. Just saw and heard him recently with Axel Rudi Pell. What a voice! 👍

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

If only they were half as funny as they think they are. Schtick is a bit strong and the love fest... they should get a room.

Music sounds good tho.

gotta agree....thats one of the most annoying EPKs I've watched but yeah the music sounds good which is the main thing ;)

Meh. Whatever. They're clearly excited to be working together, and the energy is palpable. Yeah, it's awkward, but the music is so good it's forgivable. But those photos were cool. Two grown-ass men still able to goof off. I hope I never lose my inner-child. 

Wow, that's a great song. I'm glad it's understood that Castronovo is actually the better singer and they're sharing the vocal duties, as they have a good combination. Works well. Yum. Can't wait to hear more of this one. 

Just watched the EPK. Gioeli actually seems really cool, Castronovo probably a bit harder to handle, but that's cool. As noted, the songs sound great!! 

Not as good as that first single, but still a pretty good tune.  Sounds like a track that would have fit in nicely on either of the last two Hardline releases.  

bit inspiro but I like it. 

Nice!

Oh, shit! Has it really been a month since I checked this feed? Had no idea this was out. 

way too ballad heavy. But there are some pretty nice tunes in here.

5 hours ago, Glen said:

way too ballad heavy. But there are some pretty nice tunes in here.

Yep...too many ballads, but over all a very good album.

Do my ears need testing? On track 7 (Ride of Your Life), it sounds like Castronovo is singing inside a closet. He sounds muffled as fuck.

Am I imagining things?

Surely you guys can't be surprised that albums like this turn out ballad heavy. Castronovo seems a magnet for ballads. 

I agree there's a few too many ballads, and the harder rockers are definitely the better songs. I'll give it a proper run-through maybe tomorrow, but I liked 'Fall like an angel' despite the really dodgy "rhyming" lyrics in the chorus. And there was another really cool rocker towards the end. Was it 'Run for Your Life?' 

Initial impression was I'd have liked more Castronovo on vocals as it seemed to be mostly Gioeli, but seems like a good album. I thought it sounded considerably better than Revolution Saints (especially the second album), and light years better than Axel Rudy Pell. 

definitely nowhere near the 2nd Rev Saints which is an awesome slab of melodic rock hard, with only 2 ballads 

I could have done without the cover of Need You Now and wished they'd have swapped out one of the ballads for another up tempo track.  But, don't let some minor flaws deter you, this is a high-caliber project and well worth checking out. 

14 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

I could have done without the cover of Need You Now and wished they'd have swapped out one of the ballads for another up tempo track.  But, don't let some minor flaws deter you, this is a high-caliber project and well worth checking out. 

My copy is arriving today.  Iam so used to amazon prime that when I don't have it, it sucks!!!  I pre ordered 2 months ago!

This is pretty good...yes too many ballads but it is what it is,quality stuff,for me very similar to Rev Saints(without the excellent Aldrich) :)