Stefan

Gioeli - Castronovo - Set The World On Fire

Album out July 13th on Frontiers. More info to come...

capture-20180428-132905.png

1. Set The World On Fire
2. Through
3. Who I Am
4. Fall Like An Angel
5. It's All About You
6. Need You Now
7. Ride Of Your Life
8. Mother
9. Walk With Me
10. Run For Your Life
11. Remember Me
12. Let Me Out

an album of duets ?? ;)

I think this was originally to be a solo release by Johnny.  He had a Pledgemusic campaign to help fund the album.  I recall Johnny mentioning Deen was guest drummer, so maybe that turned into some songwriting collaborations? 

Edited by Crazysam

Will keep an eye on this one.

Dafuq!

Could you imagine if they were able to recapture some of that debut Hardline vibe??

I'll take it!

I'd pay nearly any asking price for a legitimate HARDLINE follow-up (with all original members and original style).  The debut album is so damn good.

I remember first hearing (and seeing) them when they opened for Mr. Big back in late summer 1992 (I think it was 1992?).  Dude's rolled onto the stage and I remember thinking "Okay, that's Neal Schon."  This was pre-internet days, kids, so news and information (like this) was hard to come by :)

I've not been impressed with any of the so-called Hardline CD's since the debut... Adding Deen to the mix gives me optimism for this one, however.  Anyone know exactly why Joey Gioelli hasn't been involved with the band in 25 years? 

Yeah, the original Hardline album is literally one of the best releases of the last 30 years. Essential.

I doubt it will be anything near that, given the softer Hardline tone that subsequent releases have taken, but one can dream...

2 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Yeah, the original Hardline album is literally one of the best releases of the last 30 years. Essential.

I doubt it will be anything near that, given the softer Hardline tone that subsequent releases have taken, but one can dream...

And Deen seems to be a bit of a softy, too.

I still think it'll be good. Whatever it turns out to be. 

21 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Hardline and Roxy Blue certainly helped get me through the 90's... or what I call "The Dark Ages."

Pretty much exactly what I expected, but I love it. 

Really nice tune!  I like the video too, with the intro and the pictures.

Very nice...just sounds I'd expected also...and Francesco Totti on guitar lol

that's a great Track. Much better than I was expecting. Excited to hear this now 

Not that great to be honest,  and I think Del Vecchio is involved again 

37 minutes ago, simo said:

Not that great to be honest,  and I think Del Vecchio is involved again 

Clearly he is. That's him on keys. 

17 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Clearly he is. That's him on keys. 

What about the guitar player does anyone know if he played in another project before?  I think I recognized the guitar from an Issa video a few years back, could be the same guy

16 minutes ago, simo said:

What about the guitar player does anyone know if he played in another project before?  I think I recognized the guitar from an Issa video a few years back, could be the same guy

Johnny had mentioned on his Pledgemusic updates a few weeks back that the guitarist on the album was Eric Gadrix who he added also did some co-writes.  I think they used someone else for the video shoot.

8 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

Johnny had mentioned on his Pledgemusic updates a few weeks back that the guitarist on the album was Eric Gadrix who he added also did some co-writes.  I think they used someone else for the video shoot.

Actually, please disregard my last post about guitarist.  Those pledgemusic updates were just in regards to his solo album. At first I thought those sessions morphed into this release with Deen.  However, I just read on Johnny's FB page that this album is separate from his solo which Eric Gadrix is the guitarist and Deen is guest drummer on a few tracks for the other release 

I’m liking that track quite a bit.

I like it, interested to hear more.

Looks likes the guitarist from One Desire?