Volster - Perfect Storm

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

Been listening to this today on Spotify and it's a MONSTER!!! of an album.

First full length album from Swedish Melodic Hard Rock band Volster, “Perfect Storm” is released by ROAR! Rock Of Angels Records (Monument, Outloud, Gods Of Silence, Mean Streak, Panorama etc.). “Perfect Storm” produced by VOLSTER, co-produced/mixed by Max Norman (Ozzy Osbourne, Lynch Mob, Armored Saint, Lizzy Borden, Megadeth, Y&T)

Peter Tenning - Vocals
Ulf Andersson - Guitar (ex-Masquerade)
Henrik Lundberg - Bass (ex-House Of Heavy, ex-Masquerade)
Mattias Carlsson - Drums

VOLSTER is a Swedish hard rock band started by guitarist Ulf Andersson and bass player Henrik Lundberg who were both members of the band Masquerade in the late 80s and early 90s. While Ulf left Masquerade for other projects, Henrik continued making a couple of albums with Masquerade before they broke up. In 2009 Henrik released an album with the band House of Heavy. Ulf and Henrik met up again in 1996 to record a four song demo. This demo was called VOLSTER and in 2013 (17 years later) they decided to pick up where they left off and plans were made to start a band performing these songs and also write new ones. They kept the name VOLSTER. Henrik Lundberg says: "Brought up with music from the 70th and 80th the roots are deep. So it's no surprise our music is built from these glorious decades even if we also involve more modern flavours. The main ingredient is the melody, what else makes a great song other than great vocals and interesting riffs of course. With members having been active in the music business for decades now is the time to make all our music dreams come true, playing the music we love. VOLSTER is melodic hard rock as it's supposed to be."

Edited by Mr.AOR

Brilliant cd,really impressed,it surprised me as i'd never heard em and took a chance,singer reminds me a lot of John Sykes and with tracks like "Breathless" it really is a great disc,well chuffed that I took the chance :)

Edited by lettard

I agree with the positive comments about this one.  The guitarist tears it up.   I enjoyed the whole album but my initial favorites are  "Breathless", "Ends With Me", "King of the Hill", and "Easier Said Than Done".

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking album that seems to be falling to the wayside here on HH...love the track "Still In Love" as well as those mentioned above,recommended to anybody here with a melodic ear :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, am I really that harsh these days? What's happened? I thought this album was rubbish. On the plus side, I love the opener - 'King of the Hill' is a cracker. Great riff and love those pre-chorus melodies, but wow... I just thought the rest of the album was a dud-fest. :(

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Oh wow, am I really that harsh these days? What's happened? I thought this album was rubbish. On the plus side, I love the opener - 'King of the Hill' is a cracker. Great riff and love those pre-chorus melodies, but wow... I just thought the rest of the album was a dud-fest. :(

I didn' get through it all 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Harsh dude ;)

20 hours ago, Geoff said:

Nope, i agree. I want to like it but its not doing much for me. Singer isnt that great... and not enough hooks. Otherwise rocks pretty well.