Bon Jovi - Rough

CureTheSane

So BJ were inducted into the RNR Hall Of Fame.
Classic line-up was there, including Alec.
Not sure I'd pay to see & hear this.
Maybe time to hang it up?
Looks like Vince passed on the batton.

I mean, it happens.
I saw Sammy Hagar years ago and he played Dreams. The original version.
Lately he's been making it more acoustic to keep within his range.
But on this night he said something like "you're all in for a treat, I rarely sing this song anymore because it's so damn hard on my voice"
And he sung it well, but only because he's not singing it all the time I guess.
he adapts because he is like 70 or something now and can't hit the notes.

Sadly for Jon, it seems his voice may have been on a much faster decline.
Not much he can do.
Guess he'll have to retire in his pile of money.

Sambora is a bonafide rockstar.   Phil X is a very good guitar player who would also make for a very entertaining animal-balloon-tier at kids' birthday parties.  Those two should NEVER share the same stage.

I'm actually at the point in my life whereby I pretty much hate everything Jon Bon Jovi stands for... and as I've I've told y'all a million times here over the years, I was probably their biggest fan from 1986 - 1993.

I'll always have great memories.

59 minutes ago, gener8tr said:

Sambora is a bonafide rockstar.   Phil X is a very good guitar player who would also make for a very entertaining animal-balloon-tier at kids' birthday parties.  Those two should NEVER share the same stage.

I'm actually at the point in my life whereby I pretty much hate everything Jon Bon Jovi stands for... and as I've I've told y'all a million times here over the years, I was probably their biggest fan from 1986 - 1993.

I'll always have great memories.

I basically feel the same way.

I can't think of another band I've had such a big swing with.  These guys were right there with my favorite bands at one point and I stuck with them and gave them the benefit of the doubt for a long time.....Up to about the Have A Nice Day album.  After that album though, they fell off a cliff for me with releases so bad that I couldn't even listen to them anymore.

They're a band that I wish would've quit rather than turn into what they have.

5 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I basically feel the same way.

I can't think of another band I've had such a big swing with.  These guys were right there with my favorite bands at one point and I stuck with them and gave them the benefit of the doubt for a long time.....Up to about the Have A Nice Day album.  After that album though, they fell off a cliff for me with releases so bad that I couldn't even listen to them anymore.

They're a band that I wish would've quit rather than turn into what they have.

+1000

To be fair I have seen them live numerous times, and Jon always sounds great.

You can never take a video shot on a mobile phone as an example as 9 times out of 10 the band and singer will sound shit.

I have seen and heard videos from shows by various bands on mobile phone footage that sounds horrible, but I was at the gig and know it is not even remotely representative.