Sign in to follow this  
mrbandwidth

Top-5 2018 (at the moment)

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

I agree it's not that amazing, but Glen's never listening to it again is a bit drastic. And I agree with the posts about discarding average songs and only listening to the best. If I ever get around to it, I will have my entire collection sorted this way and "the album" will no longer exist... well, only in very few cases, where every single track is a gem. Hasn't happened this year yet.

I digress. I agree that Station isn't amazing, but like I said in my post where I listed it second behind Lebrock, I'm not really passionate about anything from 2018 except Lebrock. Station isn't great but it's much better than WET, in my opinion. :)

Not just better than W.E.T. "MUCH better??!!  Hilarious!

Right so I rated Station and guess what? I was bang on the money 65%. Instincts are normally right. 

Here's a summary with thoughts -

1. I Won't Break Your Heart - 7.5 (pleasant but safe. A repetitive chorus is a bit meh)

2. Cost of the Sand - 6 (pretty dreary medium paced tune which is a bit overlong. what is Cost of the Sand anyway??)

3. More than the Moon - 8 (like the melody in this one. good tune but strained vocals)

4. I Don't Mind - 7.5 (God they ripped off the Jovi tune Shot Through The Heart. that aside I quite like this one. too long tho)

5. Lie to You - 5 (Jesus this drones on for 7 mins!!!! Zzzzz )

6. Easier Said Than Done - 5 (the whole song is too high for the singer. song isn't bad but I can't listen to it. skip)

7. Still The One - 7 (not sure about this one either? Sounds like a BJ reject. decent solo tho)

8. Losing You - 4 (urgh. 6.30. again. really weak ballad)

9. Always be a part of me - 7.5 (nice easy going melodic number but vocals are still dodgy)

10. Northpoint Sunset - 6 (decent laid back tune let down by a non existent chorus)

11. When I Come Undone - 8.5 (my fav tune on the album)

12. Walking Away - 6 (acoustic ballad to end. OK)

I think my main issues with this album are -

1. Weak vocalist.

2. Overlong songs

3. Poor ballads

having said that there's a pretty decent 80% ish EP in there if u take tracks 1, 3, 4, 9 & 11 

On 5/30/2018 at 1:54 AM, Glen said:

I think my main issues with this album are -

1. Weak vocalist.

2. Overlong songs

3. Poor ballads

Yeah...never really liked the singer...and the guitar playing is also unimpressive especially the solos and riffs if I compare him to other guitarists of top melodic rock bands.

I'm updating mine based on more time to have listened to what I have.
So far

Frank Hannon - From One Place...To Another! Vol. 1
Pop Evil - Pop Evil

Only 2 so far that I've really taken to

On 5/26/2018 at 1:06 PM, mrbandwidth said:

Time for an update:

1. W.E.T.

2. Shiraz Lane

3. No Sleep For Lucy

4. Vega

5. Station

Had pending that Maverick thing... and love it! So let's update: