Jump to content
mrbandwidth

KAMELOT are back with The Shadow Theory (2018)!

Recommended Posts

After full listened, not as good as Haven or Silverthorn to be honest. Good production and execution but very few enjoyable tracks. Deception.

Favourites: Phantom Divine, Ravenlight, Amnesiac, Static, Vespertine... and that's all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Which video exactly? At my country all three videos can be watched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The umboxing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mrbandwidth said:

Try this:

 

That works! Thanks man!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit. They've come a far bit from their earliest material. Less cookie cutter and more theatrical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

I'm actually enjoying this quite a bit. They've come a far bit from their earliest material. Less cookie cutter and more theatrical.

Yep, has grown a bit on me, love the good tracks. Maybe I was too harsh. It's just that my expectations with this band are always very high, and for me this one is clearly a step down from Haven (where all tracks were good IMO), don't changed my mind on this.

But it's not a terrible or bad album. Just okeysh with some good moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty solid disc. Not amazing by any means but pretty damn listenable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of their prior albums, I was always partial to The Black Halo and Silverthorn.  This new one was just ok for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF is with the shitty harsh vocals on Phantom Divine, The Proud And The Broken and Mindfall Remedy? Nothing ruins a heavy metal song like the addition of Cookie Monster-sounding vocals(?). The first two tracks I mentioned would be stellar, if not for the growly shit, but Mindfall Remedy is absolutely destroyed by that crap. Not a bad album, but cheapened by the harsh nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2018 at 6:42 PM, Axelinger said:

WTF is with the shitty harsh vocals on Phantom Divine, The Proud And The Broken and Mindfall Remedy? Nothing ruins a heavy metal song like the addition of Cookie Monster-sounding vocals(?). The first two tracks I mentioned would be stellar, if not for the growly shit, but Mindfall Remedy is absolutely destroyed by that crap. Not a bad album, but cheapened by the harsh nonsense.

Agree 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a big Kamelot fan, but wasn't impressed. Some decent tracks, not a bad album at all, just thought Haven was a hell of alot  better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares for them now that Conception are back at last with Roy Khan! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.