TNT - XIII

Stefan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/6/2018 at 7:26 AM, Gotthardline said:

Yeah I agree , it's not great but judging from all the comments I thought it was going to be horrendous and its just average really

No... it is horrendous.

It's still pretty basic stuff. Like I said above, kind of like demos for their first album or something, rather than something from a band that have been "in the game" for so long. But there's no doubt they're attempting to recapture an actual authentic TNT sound this time around. Poor as it may be, lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I dunno. I kinda dig that one. Again, as I said above, this is really simple stuff. As in something you'd expect from a new band, about 35 years ago... but I don't dislike it. That's actually pretty damn catchy. Kinda dodgy, but catchy. 

• 4 weeks later...

So its out now, what do you think about it? People seem to be really split about it - I feel like you either dig it or hate it. But I've read and discussed it mostly with fellow Norwegians, and we might have a little different relationship to this band than everyone else. A little stronger, perhaps. Haha. 

I really like it. The first single released was horrible, but lots of the other stuff is great. I like the light vibe most of the songs got, it makes it perfect for summer. I also think that this is an album that will grow on you, when you understand that a new TNT-album released won't neccesarily sound like Tell no Tales or Intuition. I also really like their new singer, and I hope they'll stick with him for a while! 

On 6/11/2018 at 3:40 PM, sheila said:

So its out now, what do you think about it? People seem to be really split about it - I feel like you either dig it or hate it. But I've read and discussed it mostly with fellow Norwegians, and we might have a little different relationship to this band than everyone else. A little stronger, perhaps. Haha. 

I really like it. The first single released was horrible, but lots of the other stuff is great. I like the light vibe most of the songs got, it makes it perfect for summer. I also think that this is an album that will grow on you, when you understand that a new TNT-album released won't neccesarily sound like Tell no Tales or Intuition. I also really like their new singer, and I hope they'll stick with him for a while! 

I gave it a listen and it was pretty much what I expected after hearing the promo tracks.  Many of the tracks sound unfinished or slapped together.  On the positive side, Ronni has some nice moments, the new singer sounds pretty good and there are a handful of decent tunes (Tears In My Eyes, We're Gonna Make It, Can't Breathe Anymore, and Where You Belong).  In my opinion though nothing here comes close to the level of their best material.

Edited by Crazysam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep, it's a scrappy one for sure. I think 'We're not gonna make it' and 'Tears in my eyes' are actually kind of cool. Simple, basic demo type of sounding songs... but I like them both. Catchy. 

As for the rest of the album - pile of dog shit. 

I can see why Harnell bolted. This is a pretty crappy version of TNT. Although it's not the singer's fault. Piss-weak songs and a couple decent songs. Nothing worth talking about since All The Way To The Sun, which even had it's WTF moments.

• 2 months later...

I like this album because  you got the tipycal Tnt sound.

Bardot  Bulsara really sound like Harnell and I'm a fan of this singer.

I prefer this to the albums with Tony Mills.

People come toghether is another good song.

Everybody scream against the lyrics of "get ready for some hard rock",

Well, Def Leppard  and many others used lyrics like that but everybody like them.

• 2 months later...