Bonfire

The Rocker

For me, the best and most "Bonfire" sounding song since Claus left.

Very similar to 'Praying for a miracle' in places, which was an absolute monster song from their last album. 

I can understand the Claus argument, but let's lay down the facts. Their last album was the best Bonfire has sounded for a long time. Probably since 'Fuel to the flames.' And this new song sounds pretty great too. Alternatively, Lessman's last album with Phantom 5 was pretty standard stuff. 

I'm just a fan of good music, and if Bonfire with this kid on vocals are releasing good music, I'm on board. 

They're churning it out quick, hey? A new album in April. When was the last one released? Less than a year ago, or just over? Quick turnaround. Which isn't a bad thing if the product is good. 

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Very similar to 'Praying for a miracle' in places, which was an absolute monster song from their last album. 

I can understand the Claus argument, but let's lay down the facts. Their last album was the best Bonfire has sounded for a long time. Probably since 'Fuel to the flames.' And this new song sounds pretty great too. Alternatively, Lessman's last album with Phantom 5 was pretty standard stuff. 

I'm just a fan of good music, and if Bonfire with this kid on vocals are releasing good music, I'm on board. 

They're churning it out quick, hey? A new album in April. When was the last one released? Less than a year ago, or just over? Quick turnaround. Which isn't a bad thing if the product is good. 

I'm a Bonfire fan, and agree good music is good music. I will buy/listen to it if good, but I think Bonfire has put out some really good albums from the last 2 decades.

• 2 weeks later...

Very old school Helloween.

12 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

Very old school Helloween.

I was thinking along those same lines, especially when the singer belts out those opening shouts.  Solid tune, but had I heard it on the radio I'd never guess it was Bonfire.   

If someone asked me to sell this album to them, I'd say this:

Sounds like a leftover Jack Ponti song... and one of his few good ones too, lol. Killer tune. 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

If someone asked me to sell this album to them, I'd say this:

Sounds like a leftover Jack Ponti song... and one of his few good ones too, lol. Killer tune. 

decent tune. very predictable but solid

Unfortunately the other song in this thread is every I detest about Euro rock. lots of silly screaming, double kick and silly lyrics :(

• 2 weeks later...

Is Temple of Lies on the album?

If so this is my take on the 3 songs I've heard -

Crazy over you - GOOD

Stand or Fall - OK

Temple of Lies - SHIT 

Wow there's a massive swing in quality on this from really great to pretty damned terrible.

Feed the Fire (like the bonfire) lol - I nearly spat my coffee out when I read that title. hilarious. The song is awful too. 

I gave their new release a listen today.   For me, it is a little less consistent than their last album.  The title track , "Temple of Lies", is probably the heaviest song they've recorded, but I preferred the more melodic numbers.  My favorites are "On the Wings of an Angel", " Love the Way You Hate Me", "I'll Never Be Loved By You" and "Crazy Over You" .   

On 4/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, Crazysam said:

I gave their new release a listen today.   For me, it is a little less consistent than their last album.  The title track , "Temple of Lies", is probably the heaviest song they've recorded, but I preferred the more melodic numbers.  My favorites are "On the Wings of an Angel", " Love the Way You Hate Me", "I'll Never Be Loved By You" and "Crazy Over You" .   

Yeah, I'm liking the album but I also think it's not as good as the last one. Good, solid stuff, though. 

On 17/04/2018 at 3:26 AM, Crazysam said:

those 4 are basically all you need to hear. not an album I'll be returning to much if ever  

• 3 weeks later...