Dokken new live reunion CD/DVD

AlphaMale

That In My Dreams clip sounds very good. Sure the highs aren't there vocally but at least Don didn't go all lounge lizard on it and of course the band is as tight as ever.

For being almost 30 years after the heyday it is excellent.

Doesn't sound bad, but I'll pass and stick with my Beast From The East cd for my fix of live Dokken.  I wonder if Don made any comments to George about using the Wicked Sensation guitar.

Edited by Crazysam
Correction

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Sounds like a track from Dysfunctional.

Good to see the original members collaborate on a new song.  Sounds like something that could have been on Dysfunctional to me as well, which isn't a bad thing.

56 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

Good to see the original members collaborate on a new song.  Sounds like something that could have been on Dysfunctional to me as well, which isn't a bad thing.

Nope. That was an awesome album.

I'm not a huge Dokken fan.

Back For The Attack is probably the only album I have of theirs

Every time i see In My Dreams I automatically think it's the DeMont song. Then I play it and realise that it isn't :(

Excellent new studio track....diggin' it!

• 1 month later...

I'm listening to this album now, and I just have to ask, based upon live Dokken I've heard before... is this all truly live or is it following the recent trend of "livish" with vocals dubbed in the studio after the fact? The vocals just sound too clean and refined to me. Everything is perfectly on pitch.

Either that or somehow they've stepped up their act vocally about 300%.

Also, the crowd noise doesn't sound right. Listen to it throughout track 10, the Alone Again intro. It doesn't sound natural with respect to natural ebbs and flows one would expect. It seems canned.

Call me cynical, but...

Good live clip... Don sounds WAY better here than the last time I saw him live nearly a decade ago (opening for Scorpions, I think).  I'm guessing some studio tomfoolery is at work.

These guys were so great back in the mid 1980's... criminally underrated, in my opinion.  They never reached the heights that bands such as Motley Crue, RATT, Poison, etc. experienced.  And it's not because they were less talented.