New STATION Release

LV KIX

4 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Listening this morning and sounding good to me. 

I think the title track More Than The Moon is my early favorite and maybe my new favorite Station song. That would be followed in some order by Easier Said Than Done, I Won't Break Your Heart, Always Be A Part Of Me and When I Came Undone.  I do think it sounds a bit more huge than the debut and also is more concise with 12 songs. 

If I have a criticism, it might be that a couple songs feel a tiny bit too long.  I think Lie To Me is close to 7 minutes and Losing You is just over 6 minutes.  And also still disappointed they didn't include All You Need is A Heartbeat on the album as I really like that song and feel like it would've fit well somewhere early in the track list on this.  I hope maybe they include it somewhere in the future as I'd just like to have it in CD quality to listen to.

Tough to say much else at this point though only having been through it once.  I think initially I'm feeling like it's stronger top to bottom than the debut and a solid release.

the vocals grate on me a bit.

a couple too long as you say Lie to Me is waaaay too long. should be about 4 mins.

Solid album but I'd be amazed if this is top flight finisher for me. 

Solid album with "I Don't Mind",  "When I Came Undone" and the title track being my initial favorites.  There are a few tracks that I found myself reaching for the skip button, which makes it even more puzzling as to why they left off a track like "All You Need Is A Heartbeat".  I'd recommend checking it out if you liked the band's prior material, but I think their debut was stronger.

13 hours ago, Glen said:

the vocals grate on me a bit.

a couple too long as you say Lie to Me is waaaay too long. should be about 4 mins.

Solid album but I'd be amazed if this is top flight finisher for me. 

Hahahaha, listen to new Stryper then

On 4/14/2018 at 10:06 AM, lettard said:

Really enjoying this one,great to see fresh young band playing this type of stuff to help me get my fix :)

Yep I absolutely agree! Great new album from these guys. Now get them to Seattle!

Must get this one in my ears asap. I seemed to miss out on a handful of recent interesting releases. 

A few tunes are decent, but this release has way too many mid tempo and ballad tunes. It got a little boring and I had to bounce around the the songs I wanted. And his voice does get a little irritating at times. Like he is trying to hit notes too high for his range.

34 minutes ago, T-BONE said:

A few tunes are decent, but this release has way too many mid tempo and ballad tunes. It got a little boring and I had to bounce around the the songs I wanted. And his voice does get a little irritating at times. Like he is trying to hit notes too high for his range.

I have to admit, a lot of this is why I am really digging this release. I would dare you, or anyone, to pick up the debut and tell me that the mid-tempo and ballads are not the best songs on that album. The rockers, sadly, just weren't that great. So they've played to their strength on album number two, and I don't think that's a bad thing at all. One listen, but I really like it. That closing acoustic ballad is a bit bland, and Glen is 100% right about completely unnecessary long song lengths, but for the most part, I thought it was pretty good stuff. Looking forward to more spins for sure. 

I'm fine with having a few extra ballads on an album, but if a hard rock band slows things down too much those tracks need to be stronger to pull it off.   "Never Enough" was a perfect example of a song that worked.  "Lie to You" and "Walking Away" seemed too drawn out and lacked the hooks of their prior ballads.  

1 hour ago, T-BONE said:

I tend to agree about the ballads....Does feel like at least one or two too many.  

I think where I mostly notice it is toward the end of the album with Northport Sunset and Walking Away so close together.  I'd have rather had All You Need Is A Heartbeat or some other uptempo song in place of at least one of those songs.  I have to admit I'm a little irritated they left that song off as I liked it a lot and feel like it would've been among my favorite songs on this.  I even liked the other single Never Enough more than those other two songs.

With the ballads and a couple songs being too long, the album does seem to drag just a tiny bit in a couple spots.  On my past couple listens I sort of find myself wanting to skip past Losing You and Northport Sunset.  But I do still like the album a lot and find myself really liking 7-8 tunes on this.  And do think I like it slightly better overall than the debut.  The debut might've had a couple stronger songs but feel like this tighter top to bottom.

Solid release overall and looking forward to seeing some of these new songs live at MRF5 :headbanger:

Not a fan of the vocals and the guitars. I find the guitar solos and riffs pretty average. Could have been better. But overall they are a good band with some really good songs on both album no.1 and 2. 

'More than the moon' is melodic bliss.

20 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I tend to agree about the ballads....Does feel like at least one or two too many.  

I think where I mostly notice it is toward the end of the album with Northport Sunset and Walking Away so close together.  I'd have rather had All You Need Is A Heartbeat or some other uptempo song in place of at least one of those songs.  I have to admit I'm a little irritated they left that song off as I liked it a lot and feel like it would've been among my favorite songs on this.  I even liked the other single Never Enough more than those other two songs.

With the ballads and a couple songs being too long, the album does seem to drag just a tiny bit in a couple spots.  On my past couple listens I sort of find myself wanting to skip past Losing You and Northport Sunset.  But I do still like the album a lot and find myself really liking 7-8 tunes on this.  And do think I like it slightly better overall than the debut.  The debut might've had a couple stronger songs but feel like this tighter top to bottom.

Solid release overall and looking forward to seeing some of these new songs live at MRF5 :headbanger:

Yep, for me, 'All You Need Is A Heartbeat' would have been the best, or a top three song on here. 'Walking away' is a pointless filler. No idea who's idea it was to put that on the album instead of 'All You Need Is A Heartbeat.' Decisions like that are moronic - nothing more, nothing less, and whoever was in charge of that decision should no longer be a part of the band's future. 

It is very possible that you will see "Never Enough" and 'All You Need Is A Heartbeat' released on CD at some point. They write so many good songs that it is hard to cut the list down when releasing albums. The song "More Than The Moon" is an older song that I loved from the very beginning. I urged them to include it on the first full length release... 

Got the cd! Fully autographed! Cannot wait for these car listening sessions!  Nice progression that the lyrics are included! Still Easier Said Than Done-Title track are my favorites thus far! Singles should have been included! 

• 2 months later...

Listened to this a couple of times and it's actually pretty great.

Like the first album, they pile a bunch of great songs on early, which is a good thing for me.

This will likely be in my top 5 this year.

Side note: I'd Understand always kind of reminded me of a Steel Panther song.

Easily one of my favourite releases of the year, standing up very well to repeated listens. One of my faves is 'Northport Sunset.' 

99% of albums have some shit on them.

2 or 3 songs are crappy if you're lucky.

Usually more like 4 or 5 are pretty unmemorable.

So long as the other songs there are good/great/outstanding I'm happy

Just a matter of cutting the crap as Jesse Dupree would say :)

Big supporter of these guys and do like the album.....But it's fallen a bit for me.  It's been in my top 5 but I think it'll have a tough time staying there with recent releases and what's to come.  Should still be top 10 though.

Mostly, I find myself really liking the up tempo songs but not really caring much for the ballads. There's a couple too many that just takes away from the pacing IMO...especially in the second half of the album.  I've gotten to the point where I find myself skipping past Lie To You, Losing You, Northport Sunset and Walking Away.  I still much rather would've seen All You Need Is A Heartbeat and Never Enough on the album in place of any two of those ballads.  

I really like the rest though and still feel like these guys are one of my favorite new melodic rock bands, especially from the US.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Got to say that I prefer their debut over this.  It just doesn't seem to have the magic for me.  I think it would have been better if they included "All You Need Is A Heartbeat" and "Never Enough".  I liked both of these and was disappointed to find out there were not included on here.  There were not enough rockers on here for me.  I agree that there were too many slower or mid-tempo songs on this.  I find myself going back to their debut instead of putting this one in.