80's In the Park (Feb 16-18)

Crazysam

This upcoming weekend my wife and I will be going to 80's In The Park in Cocoa Beach, Florida.  The bands performing include: House of Lords, L.A. Guns, Winger, Lynch Mob, Ted Poley, Junkyard, Lillian Axe, Enuff Z' Nuff, Jetboy, Kenny McGee, Romeo Riot, Gene Loves Jezebel, Mark Evans (of Heaven's Edge) plus others.  Additionally, they have a convention room with meet and greets and approx. 60 tables of vendors selling compact discs, vinyl as well as new & vintage music memorabilia.  

On 2/12/2018 at 4:25 PM, shamus said:

Sounds awesome. Have fun!

On 2/12/2018 at 5:09 PM, lettard said:

You lucky so & so :) nothing like that would ever come near where I live...enjoy Crazysam , hope  your wife and you have an incredible time :drink:

On 2/12/2018 at 8:14 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

That's a decent lineup! Should be a great time. 

Thanks, we're looking forward to it

• My Little Pony
10 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Yes wish something would happen in Portland other than street camping and beard growing. Sigh.

I expect a full report!

You gotta come up to Vancouver this summer for Rock Ambleside

On 2/15/2018 at 9:34 PM, martinsane said:

Yes wish something would happen in Portland other than street camping and beard growing. Sigh.

I expect a full report!

Overall the event has been disappointing through the first two days.  Friday night was great up until about 10:00, although the crowd was smaller than I expected.  Junkyard sounded good and were really nice guys.  Winger and LA Guns both sounded great, but just when Tracii and the guys were starting to roll along, the sound was cut.  From what I was told there was an issue with a sound ordinance with it being an outdoor show and the permit only allowed music to go until 10  :angry:.  Why would you not have the bands start earlier with knowing this?!?!  Saturday was full of even bigger disappointments.   My wife and I noticed the band lineup info had changed.  We heard rumors that Ted Poley, Enuff Z' Nuff and Jetboy were cancelled.  Based on what I was told, it was the promoters who did the cancelling, not the bands who were already in town and wanted to play.  Lynch Mob was the highlight for us on day 2 and sounded really good with Robert Mason, but it wasn't enough to salvage the day.   I am worried that as a result of the promoter screwing over bands and the fans, many of which traveled from out of state, this might be the last event like this in the area.  Despite all the issues we plan on going back today since we've already paid for the 3 day reserved pass and it is a fairly short drive there and back.  As far as I know Romeo Riot, Lillian Axe and HOL are all still scheduled to perform today.  

Hopefully they go a little earlier as you pointed out Crazysam and then you get a full day out of it,gutted that so many things are going wrong at it for you,hoping today lets you go out on a high :drink:

2 hours ago, lettard said:

Hopefully they go a little earlier as you pointed out Crazysam and then you get a full day out of it,gutted that so many things are going wrong at it for you,hoping today lets you go out on a high :drink:

Thanks!  :drink:  We hope so too.  We heard this morning that Enuff Z Nuff is in fact performing today and Jetboy played at the after party last night.  Still stinks how things have been handled especially with Ted's band. 

Been following the uproar over this fest via Facebook. Sounded like it turned into quite the dumpster fire.