Jump to content
Stefan

Issa - Run With The Pack

Recommended Posts

another good song wasted on ISSA.

can' help but think how great this would be with JSS or Hess or the like singing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glen said:

another good song wasted on ISSA.

can' help but think how great this would be with JSS or Hess or the like singing. 

It's a shame. She definitely picked the wrong profession. Her voice is trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one isn't as annoying as the last. 

So often these singers who can hit high notes do it all the time. That guy from Inglorious had the same problem on their first and Adrenaline Rush another good example.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointing album here. Is she still married to the Martin guy? May not be for long after he robbed her of another great album by handing her over to this mob. 

Her last album was my favourite of that year, but everything I love about that album is absent here. All of it. 

Production - muddy, flat and unappealing here. Songs - solid melodic rock/AOR but apart from the odd exception like 'Come back again,' none of these are even Martin Bros b-sides quality. And the harmony/backing vocals that completely made the last album - completely absent here. 

Really disappointing. End of the day, it's a good melodic rock album, but coming from an album of the year with her previous release, it's a massive letdown for me. Just so flat. Drums sound awful. 

Thank christ her voice sounds great, if nothing else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New video.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 6:21 AM, Geoff said:

Thank christ her voice sounds great, if nothing else. 

Karpet's sperm is clogging your ears. Please clean them out immediately!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Karpet's sperm is clogging your ears. Please clean them out immediately!

bahahahahahaha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Karpet's sperm is clogging your ears. Please clean them out immediately!

No! Don't listen to him, Geoffrey. 

Oh, yeah, you can't. ;}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

No! Don't listen to him, Geoffrey. 

Oh, yeah, you can't. ;}

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was listening to Darby Mills, Chrissy Steele and Lee Aaron's stuff today and that is where the short falls of this and Issa's stuff in general  become apparent. It's solid if unspectacular, unlike those named above, which absolutely destroy this hands down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jez said:

I was listening to Darby Mills, Chrissy Steele and Lee Aaron's stuff today and that is where the short falls of this and Issa's stuff in general  become apparent. It's solid if unspectacular, unlike those named above, which absolutely destroy this hands down

me singing in the shower destroys ISSA hands down ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Glen said:

Me singing in the shower destroys ISSA...;)

Well, if Issa was in the shower with me while I was singing, I'd probably destroy her too... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metalmaniac777 said:

Well, if Issa was in the shower with me while I was singing, I'd probably destroy her too... ;)

Well played!! :rofl2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just don't let her sing or you'll be picking up bits of broken glass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2018 at 10:12 AM, Jez said:

I was listening to Darby Mills, Chrissy Steele and Lee Aaron's stuff today and that is where the short falls of this and Issa's stuff in general  become apparent. It's solid if unspectacular, unlike those named above, which absolutely destroy this hands down

And when those release worthy new material, there will be a discussion about them. However for now we're approaching third page of Issa topic :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

And when those release worthy new material, there will be a discussion about them. However for now we're approaching third page of Issa topic :)

 

Haha. And let's not get ridiculous anyway. To each their own, entirely, but what are we talking about here? Are we saying that Lee Aaron's discography and Chrissy Steele's 'Magnet to steel' albums are better than Issa albums, such as the brilliant last one? Is that where we're at? Because if so, I entirely disagree. I'd take any Issa album (including this new one, yes) over the Chrissy Steele or Lee Aaron albums, for sure. I like a lot of them, but they are both really inconsistent artists and any one single Issa album has more really great songs on it than their discographies, lol... which in Steele's case, was just the one album wasn't it?  

As for Darby Mills, I've not heard of her, so can't comment on that. 

However... are we just talking vocally? Is that all you mean, Jez, that those ladies are better singers than Issa? Or are you actually taking songs and albums being better?

Vocals, yes I agree. Songs/albums, I definitely do not. 

So apart from the monotonous commentary on how bad Issa's voice supposedly is, anyone have some commentary on the actual album? Anyone agree with my awesome point of view, that it's a considerate step back from the excellent last album? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was talking more vocally, although the 3 albums I am thinking about specifically are musically way superior too anything she has released, so we''ll have to beg to  differ on that subject.  As I said., I don't mind Issa's voice to a point, but she is pretty limited in what she does and is a bit of a one trick pony...and apart from the excellent 'Crossfire' album, I'd say her albums are pretty spotty too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the cover of the new album is absolutely atrocious ......!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swazi said:

And the cover of the new album is absolutely atrocious ......!

maybe you can replace it with photo of Glen singing in the shower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m curious why this album was done without the Martin Bros. What is the actual reason for this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

I’m curious why this album was done without the Martin Bros. What is the actual reason for this? 

Cos he finally realised that his wife can't sing ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually don't mind this new album. Won't win any awards, but it's an enjoyable listen. Her vox don't annoy me too terribly, unlike some others' reactions. It's a bit nasal at times, but I prefer that to heavily accented vocals, all things being equal.

The album isn't as horrible as some here make it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

I actually don't mind this new album. Won't win any awards, but it's an enjoyable listen. Her vox don't annoy me too terribly, unlike some others' reactions. It's a bit nasal at times, but I prefer that to heavily accented vocals, all things being equal.

The album isn't as horrible as some here make it out to be.

I agree.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×