James Christian

The Rocker

No automatic alt text available.
Frontiers Music srl
Record Label
Frontiers Music srl

James Christian will release his new solo album, "Craving" on April 20, 2018! James is best known for being the frontman for melodic rock stalwarts, House of Lords. “Craving” is his fourth solo album, following “Lay It On Me” (2013), “Meet The Man” (2004), and “Rude Awakening” (1995).

Who's looking forward to this one? First song from the album will be out in a few weeks!

One to look out for,but so far for me personally Rude Awakening was the only release that I really liked,probably because it was the most similar to classic HOL .

• 3 weeks later...

Decent enough ballad.

3 hours ago, lettard said:

That sounds pretty decent indeed,better than id anticipated.

Yes.  As much as I love James, his last solo was just meh at best for me.

Ok, I'll admit it. I didn't even want to play it as I just thought it'd be boring, bland and by-the-numbers. Always happy to admit when I'm wrong, though. I like that. Very nice song.  

22 hours ago, Geoff said:

Ok, I'll admit it. I didn't even want to play it as I just thought it'd be boring, bland and by-the-numbers. Always happy to admit when I'm wrong, though. I like that. Very nice song.  

it would be good if Hess was singing it ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Omg wtf!! I received this yesterday along with excellent Volster disc...this one however is awful imho(slow and plodding comes to mind),so disappointed because I wasn't gonna give it a go til I heard the first track released...wish I hadn't now,"Sidewinder" is apart from the title track the only tune I like...ah well...I did try :(

Edited by lettard

• 5 weeks later...

Ironically, the two songs posted in this thread are all you need to hear from this album, imo. Some really weak stuff on here, and bad lyrics. But I think that 'Jesus Wept' song is pretty nice, and I genuinely like 'Craving.' Two nice songs. The rest? Well, need we discuss the rest? It's a pass. 

For me, it's not that bad, probably underrated I guess. Not the one that I'll play regularly though but I think some should give it a try, just don't expect too much of HoL in it