Captain Black Beard - Struck By Lightning

Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

From melodicrock.com:

Swedish rockers Captain Black Beard signs with Melodic Rock Records

Swedish rockers Captain Black Beard have signed with Melodic Rock Records for the release of their new studio album ‘Struck By Lightning’, coming worldwide April 25.

The first single and video from the album “All The Pain”, will debut this Friday (March 9).

The new album sees a switch in musical direction for the band, unleashing a wave of powerful new anthemic, pure melodic rock songs.

“It’s an honor to work with such enthusiastic champions of our genre.” says bassist Robert Majd.

In the summer of 2017 Captain Black Beard entered the studio to write a new chapter in the bands history. Robert Majd and Christian Ek along with new lead singer Liv Hansson as well as producer Jona Tee (keyboardist in H.E.A.T) pretty much reinvented the band’s sound.

The album that was recorded is called ‘Struck By Lightning’ and features a fresh dose of high energy melodic rock. From the instant catchiness of the opening track “All The Pain” to the heavy closing of “Straight Out Of Hell”, the band combines their AOR influences with their hard rock roots.

“This is a tremendous album and I’m really excited for the guys,” states MRR owner Andrew McNeice. “They’ve created a great new sound that brings together everything I love about music – killer songs, big production and hooks and harmonies everywhere. This album is going to put the guys on the map.”

Captain Black Beard was formed in 2009. Their self-titled debut album was named one of the "Albums Of The Year" by legendary journalist Geoff Barton of Classic Rock. The follow-up "Before Plastic" featured guest appearances by Bruce Kulick (KISS, Grand Funk Railroad) and Mats Karlsson (220 Volt). In 2016 the band released "It's a Mouthful" and toured with Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow, Yngwie Malmsteen, Deep Purple), Robin Beck, House Of Lords and performed at the festival Hard Rock Hell AOR for the second time in their career.

A release party will be held in Stockholm, Sweden on the 9th of May. Check out the bands website or facebook-page for all the latest news: www.facebook.com/CaptainBlackBeardBand / www.CaptainBlackBeard.net

“Struck By Lightning” will be released via Melodic Rock Records on April 25 and the first single/video “All The Pain” will debut March 9.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm plain and simply just not a fan of a male-fronted band suddenly changing to a female fronted band, and likewise, vice-versa. In my mind, it's too drastic a change to hold onto the same band name you had before. 

The album *possibly* is a little more consistently melodic than before, but I still think it's really quite poor. My favourite song on it was this, but it gets less enjoyable every time;

8 hours ago, melodicrock said:

Sorry to hear your thoughts Geoff. This is a new beast really....could have used a name change perhaps...but I think it's solid!

Definitely solid in their outlook this time. Like I said, it's the most consistently melodic/AOR styled album they've done with a clear focus... but sadly the songs just don't work for me. :(

I just ordered my copy of this new CD.....for me, it is a dramatic change from the previous release.   I love the addition of keys to the mix