Music documentaries

Invisible_man

Artifact - about 30 Seconds To Mars battle with record company
Amazing stuff

"This was a very real lawsuit. It wasn't just a headline," Leto tells Rolling Stone. "We had a very real possibility of owing a corporation 30 million dollars, of having our music and our album tied up in the courts and never seeing the light of day and our careers an our dreams shattered." 

As the band begins to shoot a documentary on the making of their third album, they discover they are being sued by their label for $30 million dollars for breach of contract, and turned the cameras on that battle instead, eventually naming the album This Is War. Artifact premiered in 2012 at the Toronto Film Festival, where it won the People's Choice Award for Documentary.

Has anyone seen the WACKEN Documentary? I saw that DVD when the AMV Music Store in our local mall was about to close. I was hoping the price would still go down in the next couple of days as they were clearing out inventory. Sadly, I missed it.

Still my favourite is Sam Dunn's METAL - A Headbanger's Journey and Worldwide Metal.