Official HH Best of 2017 lists posted!

heavyharmonies

https://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/2017best.cgi

Discuss. Argue. Criticize. :lol:

My thanks to Mike, Pete, Jez, and Terry for putting in the work on these lists and for all the other work they do volunteering for the site!

-Dan

3 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

The 2nd best track from Wildness is the Japanese bonus. :lol:

You need to post it then!!!

Always nice to see these lists, a great opportunity for me to discover some of the albums that I've missed throughout the year.

I'm surprised though, that Confess aren't in anyones top 5, none of you guys even have it in the honorable mentions list. Pete's got it in the also rans, but that's it. Well opinions vary.

I say it every year but for me the "list" is based on the albums that I physically received/bought/whatever.

So, as everyone will always note the missing bands, but alas if I don't have it, physically, I don't bother with mp3 links, then it don't make the list.

Carry on.

Because I'm me I always have a few annoying little comments. Not many - nothing interesting - but a few points of conversation here and there;

Dan - I notice you missed out on the Romeo Riot album... a pretty good one worth checking out. No Wraith, Houston or Bloody Heels either. You may still have a few gems to check out there. Oh, and 7th Heaven? I thought you were a solid fan of these guys? And Degreed? Jeez you've missed some big 'uns. 

Now, I have to say it... I was pretty stunned by your placement of Ten. lol. Not much more to say on that other than we have very, very opposing views on the quality of that album. ;)

Mike - no Wraith either? This'd be right up your alley, I dare say. As for your number one? Who now? Not even heard of that one. The sample song doesn't scream "LISTEN TO ME!" to me, but I feel obliged to see what you see in this one. ;)   

Pete - good list overall - this year you would be closest to correct... uh, I mean mine. But I did have my gob smacked when I scrolled down and saw PC69 rate over Midnite City. Wow. Ser. ;)

Jez - I like your list overall... until you get to the top 5, lol. Just different tastes, of course. ;)

Terry - I'm going to have to take your word for that lot, mate. ;) Samples don't really sound like my deal, though. 

General commentary - Story Of The Year not on any list anywhere? Not even Pete's? That's a bit of a surprise. 

Anyway, overall, great stuff - I do always enjoy the read. No one was too close to being correct this year, but I'll declare Pete as this year's winner. We shared three of the same top five, and the next best was Dan with one out of five correct. ;) Well done, chaps. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've finally had a chance to check it out. Great as always. Thanks to all involved. I'm gonna immerse myself in it over the weekend and i'm sure there's plenty of gems i'll discover. Absolutely sensational to see "Gothica" in Dan's top five, although nobody would have had a chance in hell of picking his top five. That prize that was offered was nothing but a tease! Also special thanks to Martinsane. I can always rely on him for my Sleaze requirements. Thanks again guys!!

• My Little Pony
On 27/01/2018 at 11:40 AM, nyoilers said:

I have zero CD's from all the top 5 lists.But I do have a few honorable mentions.

Whaaat??

You mean, you don't have all five of Terry's?

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Whaaat??

You mean, you don't have all five of Terry's?

I don't have ANY of his top 5 and never even heard of them.They could all be made up as far as I know :)

I love when you all cap on me. Makes me smile.

Here are some vid's for the "made up" bands on my list.

Some eclectic mixings of metal/modern/sleaze/rock and such came to my door last year and a HUGE thanks to all the bands that chatted with me when I harassed them about their music.

Vice's vid came out in April of 16 but the "official" album came 1 year later in 17.

Warning metal video. Thrash forward if you dare. 

Vince Voltages ballad posted below, he rocks like a demon but the disc has a handful of fluffy tunes that will appeal to everyone!

If Wild Dogs fu#$ing Steel Panthers twists your knickers than say hello to my little FERETT!

Lastly Shanghai Guns. This record came out real early in 17 even though the teasers started in mid 2015! Guess self issued discs take a while and my emails confirm the endless delays and what have you's. But this one is worth the wait and the investment as you can hear in this sample some very great AO/Hard Rock.

(The video works even though you may see the tell tale tape image of a lost link).