Stefan

Lipz - Scaryman

Yeah I didn't really like this release at all :(

On 6/19/2018 at 11:07 PM, Mr.AOR said:

Sorry guys but I must be hearing something completely different to you. Just finished listening to this and it has to be one of the worst albums I have heard this year. 

I'm hearing the same album as you. Absolute rubbish. I don't think I knew they had an EP out before with their better songs... keen to try that. But this is a really weak collection of songs. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Have to agree....Absolutely killer album!  I've been through it a handful of times now and I swear the more I listen, the more I like it.       I don't know if it'll be my top album but it's definitely right there among my favorites this year. Have picked up their last album too and will be checking that out closer once I can get the new one out of my CD player Not sure how these guys slipped under my radar.  Good stuff.
    • Yeah I know what you mean. I did a search and didn't see it either at first. It's not the first time and probably won't be the last.
    • Old photo of the entrance to Tower Records at Eastport Plaza.  This is like walking directly back in time 25+ years.  I even remember what part of the store I found the Roxy Blue CD  
    • Yeah I was sure there was one somewhere.
      I did a search for Steel City in the subject line.
      I think my mistake was that I put a space between steel and city  
    • Really like this track, will have to check out the Ascension album...   
    • "Want Some?" was easily one of my favorite CD's in the 1992 time-frame.  I remember specifically purchasing my copy at Tower Records at Eastport Plaza in Portland, Oregon late summer 1992.  No idea how I remember such specific (and often useless) information, but I also purchased Angel City "Face To Face" on CD the same day. Roxy Blue "Want Some" / Hardline "Double Eclipse" / Def Leppard "Adrenalize" / Bon Jovi "Keep The Faith" / Bangalore Choir "On Target" / Electric Angels "ST"  These are the discs that were in CONSTANT rotation in my system 1992 / 1993.  Yes, certainly there were others, but I pretty much wore the aforementioned titles out! Getting back on-track to the topic at-hand... I don't hold-out enormous hope based on the "Different sound" comment, but Frontiers is a great label, so we'll see.  I think more of a problem (for me, anyway), is it is no longer 1992, and I'm no longer a youthful 24 year-old looking to hang-on to the genre I knew and loved dating back to the early 1980's at a time when a "new" sound was taking over the airwaves.
    • Here's me repeating the same thread in April  
    • Here's a thread you replied to  
    • NOLA is one of my favorite CD's. Not one bad song.
    • Couldn't find a thread for this one. After a few listens I've decided that these are the songs I really like off the album.

Decent enough, and worth picking up.

01 Do You Love Me
      04 Picture Of Beauty
      05 Too Little Too Late
      06 Someone Like You
      08 Shame On You              

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.