Ripoff?

T-BONE

Are my ears deceiving me, or is this tune a complete ripoff of Slave To Love by Quiet Riot?

Slave To Love

QUIET RIOT's "Slave to love" was a variation of the STAN BUSH demo "Blinded" with different lyrics (credited to the QR members). STAN released his original version later in 1990 as b-side of "Forever" which was used in a TV commercial. Both songs don't feature on any of his full length albums. 

Well fuck me.
QR re-recorded someone else's song.
there's a first.

That kind of sucks.
QR version is better though.

Who wrote main attraction?
QR were really just a great cover band....

On 12/24/2017 at 9:47 AM, CureTheSane said:

QR were really just a great cover band....

Not even remotely true.

Metal Health was more than just a cover song, and while quality has been all over the place through their career, there have been some absolutely fantastic original songs in their catalogue.

9 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not even remotely true.

Metal Health was more than just a cover song, and while quality has been all over the place through their career, there have been some absolutely fantastic original songs in their catalogue.

I agree.

But walk down the street and ask random people to name a QR song and 19 out of 20 will spit out a covered song, with the remaining 1/20 answering "Bang Your Head"

Don't get me wrong, I love Metal Health, Condition Critical and III, but what broke them, and then perpetuated their popularity, was that they covered some great songs.

15 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I agree.

But walk down the street and ask random people to name a QR song and 19 out of 20 will spit out a covered song, with the remaining 1/20 answering "Bang Your Head"

Don't get me wrong, I love Metal Health, Condition Critical and III, but what broke them, and then perpetuated their popularity, was that they covered some great songs.

no.

20/20 will answer 'who the hell are quiet riot' 

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Walk down the street and ask people to name a random H.E.A.T. song and nobody will know a single one.

Does that make them nobodies?

That's a pretty stupid argument.

QR had a #1 Album. Feel free to list all of the chart positions for H.E.A.T's alubms

Also, from Wiki (because I'm lazy)
Metal Health is the third studio album by American heavy metal band Quiet Riot. It was released on March 11, 1983, bolstered by the No. 5 hit "Cum On Feel the Noize" and the No. 31 hit "Metal Health". Metal Health is notable for being the first heavy metal album to reach the top spot on the Billboard 200, replacing the Police's Synchronicity at number one in November 1983. The album went on to sell more than six million copies and is considered a classic among heavy metal fans.

3 hours ago, Glen said:

no.

20/20 will answer 'who the hell are quiet riot' 

Depends which street you walk down I guess. And what age group you ask.
But that comment deviates from my point, so let me rephrase it

"But walk down the street and ask random people if they know Quiet Riot, and if they do, ask them to name a QR song and 19 out of 20 will spit out a covered song, with the remaining 1/20 answering "Bang Your Head"

23 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

That's a pretty stupid argument.

QR had a #1 Album. Feel free to list all of the chart positions for H.E.A.T's alubms

Also, from Wiki (because I'm lazy)
Metal Health is the third studio album by American heavy metal band Quiet Riot. It was released on March 11, 1983, bolstered by the No. 5 hit "Cum On Feel the Noize" and the No. 31 hit "Metal Health". Metal Health is notable for being the first heavy metal album to reach the top spot on the Billboard 200, replacing the Police's Synchronicity at number one in November 1983. The album went on to sell more than six million copies and is considered a classic among heavy metal fans.

No, it is not a stupid argument.

We are not talking about the 1980s, or America, we are talking about now.

Quiet Riot are not a band that most people have heard of, pure and simple, yet you seem to think that nearly every member of the public is gonna be as familiar with them as Gun N Roses or Bon Jovi.

If you really think 19 out of 20 random people are gonna even know who Quiet Riot are, let alone name one of their songs, then you are the one with the stupid argument.

No problems.
You're completely missing my point and filtering what I said down to semantics.
I am not going to debate the accuracy of how many people know QR. My point was that they covered a lot of songs for their popularity.
More songs that I was aware of. Who knows how many they actually wrote themselves.
According to my CD, they wrote Slave To Love with 'Bush'
The first 3 songs on the album were 'co-written' by 'Profter'
Better check out who this was to hear the original songs he recorded with his other band :)

Very interesting! This was a nice little learning session. I've loved the Quiet Riot song for years and never knew about the Stan Bush connection. It's cool and unexpected that a third version has been done all of these years later.

From http://ultimateclassicrock.com/quiet-cum-on-feel-the-noize-sabotage/ 

Frankie Banali has revealed the lengths Quiet Riot went to in the hope of sabotaging their cover of the Slade song "Cum On Feel the Noize," saying that they set out to make the recording an “intentional train wreck.”
Even though the 1983 single broke Quiet Riot and led to them becoming the first metal band to reach the top of the Billboard album chart with Metal Health, they didn't want to record the song, and it was only done at the request of producer Spencer Proffer.
In 2005, singer Kevin DuBrow – who died in 2007 – told ClassicRockRevisited, “I never loved that song, but by the same token I never thought we were the greatest songwriters in the world. We were gullible and I was an angry guy at the time.”
In a new interview with Michael Aubrecht, Banali shared his own memories of the experience. “The producer wanted us to record it," he said. "I didn’t care one way or the other, but Kevin despised the song. Slade were not the type of band I would have listened to. We all came up with the idea that we’d tell the producer we were working on that song, although we never did. The inevitable day came when we actually had to record it, and in theory it was supposed to be an intentional train wreck. We wanted to make it so the producer couldn’t even use it if he wanted to."
When they got to the studio, Banali recalled, he "went into the engineering room and told [Proffer] that we hadn’t worked on the song and that we were going to tank it. I said he might want to record it to be funny. He said, ‘Okay.’”

Banali remembered starting the song from the wrong place, and leaving out a verse and chorus – but the band’s plan didn’t come to fruition. “Kevin was waiting for it to fall apart, but we just kept playing,” he said. “It’s in my DNA to do the best job I can, so I vamped, and it turned out to work within the song. When we finished, the producer said it sounded great on the first take. The engineer happened to record it, and when we listened back, it worked. Kevin was furious.”