Frozen tears

Slikk Vicc

I've seen a copy of this 'cheap' in a local second hand store.....I've read the few reviews that have been left on HH but there are only a couple that are helpful.....is there anyone here that can help with comparisons/descriptions?

As always you guys :headbanger:

If you 'found' it 'cheap'....then just buy the damn thing!!! :lol:

If you 'found' it 'cheap'....then just buy the damn thing!!! :lol:

lol :lol:....how did I guess I would get that response?....I mean 'cheap' as a relative term as Beanos (the record store in question) is the largest second hand store in Europe so some items are mega expensive :P .....besides I'm poor! :crying:

Haha..ok..ok....well, actually I don't have it...but I'm sure one of the 'Park Rangers' here will have it..and let ya know if it's any good!!!

Hey Slikk.They have been descibed as (A.O.R.by numbers)Meaning they are ok,there are worse bands but there are a lot better.It's what you define as A.O.R..But if it's cheap,go for it !!!!

Hey Slikk.They have been descibed as (A.O.R.by numbers)Meaning they are ok,there are worse bands but there are a lot better.It's what you define as A.O.R..But if it's cheap,go for it !!!!

....mmm to be honest, I'm not sure AOR is quite accurate (but lets not start that debate).....the samples sound really cool....unusual voice!!

I'm gonna go for it damn it! :banger:

Thanks for the :help:

Cheers lads!!!

ok good you bought it, its a fairly rare aussie indie and its pretty cool that got it cheap. ive had it a long time and i also bought it blindly as the reviews didnt really help. its definatly aor, lots of keys all through it.they even thank "all AOR lovers" in the liner notes, and also seem to have a bit of a fixation for KISS. for some guys we've never heard of they definatly can handle their instruments. my main problem is that the songs are mostly fairly mellow aor songs, yet the few rockier moments on here are cool yet never seem to rock out.

also when i listen to this i need to be in the mood for this cd, but when i am its a really decent album. but then ill just put it back on the shelf and forget about it for months and never have any inspiration to play it, especially as i forget about most of the songs on it. it has a definate unusual sound to it all, so 15 songs maybe hard to digest in one go. though im listened to songs in the 2nd half of the disc right now which sound very cool yet id totally forgotten.

the guys voice is very unusual and stands out from the music quite a lot, and im really not sure it fits in with some of the songs. the reason for this i can see is that the lead singer is Australian/Greek. which probably also explains why one song is played in english and greek.

actually the more i listen to this and think about it, its pretty good but ive thought that before and forgotten about it, so ill have to give it a better go in the next few days.

also the catalogue number is "FT-002", so i assume there is a 001 out there somewhere though ive never been able to find anything about it or the band, though id like to.

hope this craptalk helps:)

FT-001 is actually an EP, entitled "South Melbourne". I think the title cut was an anthem or theme song for an Aussie soccer team (see artwork below). I have it in my CD singles collection:

FROZENTEARS1.JPG

1. South Melbourne (pop mix) 5:18
  2. South Melbourne (Greek Hellas mix) 5:08
  3. South Melbourne (Power Rock mix) 5:14
  4. Love Can Be Real (unplugged mix) 5:04
  5. Can You Feel the Fire 4:40
  6. South Melbourne (ole mix) 1:10

No clue as to year of issue.

I also had the full-length "Silence of the Night" up until earlier this year when I sold off the bulk of my collection.

Anecdote:

The two Frozen Tears discs, as well as the ultra-rare Safire EP (which I still have) came to me in a trade with the infamous Jymmi Slang back in the early 1990s. I guess I'm one of the few people he didn't rip off...

-Dan

FT-001 is actually an EP, entitled "South Melbourne". I think the title cut was an anthem or theme song for an Aussie soccer team (see artwork below). I have it in my CD singles collection:

FROZENTEARS1.JPG

1. South Melbourne (pop mix)  5:18

2. South Melbourne (Greek Hellas mix)  5:08

3. South Melbourne (Power Rock mix)  5:14

4. Love Can Be Real (unplugged mix)  5:04

5. Can You Feel the Fire  4:40

6. South Melbourne (ole mix)  1:10

I also had the full-length "Silence of the Night" up until earlier this year when I sold off the bulk of my collection.

Anecdote:

The two Frozen Tears discs, as well as the ultra-rare Safire EP (which I still have) came to me in a trade with the infamous Jymmi Slang back in the early 1990s. I guess I'm one of the few people he didn't rip off...

-Dan

thanks Dan, thats very interesting!

• 4 years later...

FROZENTEARS1.JPG

Anecdote:

-Dan

Does anyone know how many of these 'South Melbourne' EP's were pressed. Mine is limited edition mumber 417 but out of how many? Also does anyone know what year this was released.

FROZENTEARS1.JPG

Anecdote:

-Dan

Does anyone know how many of these 'South Melbourne' EP's were pressed. Mine is limited edition mumber 417 but out of how many? Also does anyone know what year this was released.

http://www.ausmetalguide.com/Frozen_Tears

hope this helps laddy

ok good you bought it, its a fairly rare aussie indie and its pretty cool that got it cheap. ive had it a long time and i also bought it blindly as the reviews didnt really help. its definatly aor, lots of keys all through it.they even thank "all AOR lovers" in the liner notes, and also seem to have a bit of a fixation for KISS. for some guys we've never heard of they definatly can handle their instruments. my main problem is that the songs are mostly fairly mellow aor songs, yet the few rockier moments on here are cool yet never seem to rock out.

also when i listen to this i need to be in the mood for this cd, but when i am its a really decent album. but then ill just put it back on the shelf and forget about it for months and never have any inspiration to play it, especially as i forget about most of the songs on it. it has a definate unusual sound to it all, so 15 songs maybe hard to digest in one go. though im listened to songs in the 2nd half of the disc right now which sound very cool yet id totally forgotten.

the guys voice is very unusual and stands out from the music quite a lot, and im really not sure it fits in with some of the songs. the reason for this i can see is that the lead singer is Australian/Greek. which probably also explains why one song is played in english and greek.

actually the more i listen to this and think about it, its pretty good but ive thought that before and forgotten about it, so ill have to give it a better go in the next few days.

also the catalogue number is "FT-002", so i assume there is a 001 out there somewhere though ive never been able to find anything about it or the band, though id like to.

hope this craptalk helps:)

wow, what a nerd!

4 years ago. nerd!

FROZENTEARS1.JPG

Anecdote:

-Dan

hope this helps laddy

That gives me the year...thanks. Now I have another question to put out there. Has anyone heard of the 2000 EP release 'Tearz' which is mentioned on the link Matt provided. Was it ever released?

FROZENTEARS1.JPG

Anecdote:

-Dan

hope this helps laddy

That gives me the year...thanks. Now I have another question to put out there. Has anyone heard of the 2000 EP release 'Tearz' which is mentioned on the link Matt provided. Was it ever released?

id never heard of it..

• 7 years later...